Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

WTF Wolfpack Weak Sauce OOC

13 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Your run last year should have been a springboard to step up your shit OOC, not step in it.

What a lost opportunity.

We’re also playing USC on the road, at least that’s what I heard from a couple of people.  But it’s not our fault if people don’t want to play us :shrug:

Plus we got phucked being in that tournament.  The person who set it up believed it was the other Vegas tournament.  That person is no longer with the program, obviously. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We’re also playing USC on the road.  But it’s not our fault if people don’t want to play us :shrug:

Plus we got phucked being in that tournament.  The person who set it up believed it was the other Vegas tournament.  That person is no longer with the program, obviously. 

Wait, what?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

20 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Wait, what?

Yeah. It’s stupid as phuck. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Hopefully we get some good ones with our last 3. How about Gonzaga in Seattle? 

For a limited time, add Gonzaga and St Mary's and the WCC will throw in USF for free.

I think that might complete your WCC collector set.

Minus Cal Baptist and UALR I don't think that is a terrible OOC (especially if you really are playing USC on the road), but it is definitely not stellar either. I think you guys really need to find and beat at least one marquee top-15 type OOC opponent if you're hoping to get a top 4 seed in next year's NCAAT. Loyola-Chi is really the only team out of your current opponents that would be a likely NCAAT team IMO. There are a bunch of NIT type teams though so the RPI should still be pretty good.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

We’re also playing USC on the road.  But it’s not our fault if people don’t want to play us :shrug:

Haven't heard anything about USC. That would be pretty solid

8k3esKz.png

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Yeah. It’s stupid as phuck. 

Yeah that guy really screwed us in the Vegas tourney, and while our schedule is suboptimal at the moment we still have three more games to book.  I think/hope when it’s all set and done it will be solid.  It probably won’t have any top matchups, but the goal is to play the metrics and put us in a solid spot come conference time.  

27 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Minus Cal Baptist and UALR I don't think that is a terrible OOC (especially if you really are playing USC on the road), but it is definitely not stellar either. I think you guys really need to find and beat at least one marquee top-15 type OOC opponent if you're hoping to get a top 4 seed in next year's NCAAT. Loyola-Chi is really the only team out of your current opponents that would be a likely NCAAT team IMO. There are a bunch of NIT type teams though so the RPI should still be pretty good.

I agree, the schedule will be solid when it’s finalized but unfortunately it might cap our seed potential.  Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Packman04 said:

Yeah that guy really screwed us in the Vegas tourney, and while our schedule is suboptimal at the moment we still have three more games to book.  I think/hope when it’s all set and done it will be solid.  It probably won’t have any top matchups, but the goal is to play the metrics and put us in a solid spot come conference time.  

Going by precedent that's a great roadmap to host a few NIT games.

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

:lol:

I don't see it it as a bad schedule. GCU,South Dakota St., and  Loyola Chicago should win their conference. BYU is loaded next year. Tulsa and S. Illinois should be top 100 RPI teams as well. Throw in USC (if true), AZ St. and one more quality opponent and this is golden. 

19 minutes ago, cardrater said:

I don't see it it as a bad schedule. GCU,South Dakota St., and  Loyola Chicago should win their conference. BYU is loaded next year. Tulsa and S. Illinois should be top 100 RPI teams as well. Throw in USC (if true), AZ St. and one more quality opponent and this is golden. 

I agree it doesn’t look that bad. Even UALR has had some very good teams in the past. The problem with the committee is there are no big name opponents on that schedule. Nevada needs to try and schedule Gonzaga, UNC, Michigan State, etc. preferably on the road. 

38 minutes ago, cardrater said:

We already have seen the selection committee snub a #30ish RPI CSU team and an SDSU team that went 16-2 in conference on the backs of two Sweet 16 runs after they played similar OOC skeds.

Playing the Tallest Midget Circuit OOC and $4 gets you a cup of Starbucks.

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

We already have seen the selection committee snub a #30ish RPI CSU team and an SDSU team that went 16-2 in conference on the backs of two Sweet 16 runs after they played similar OOC skeds.

Playing the Tallest Midget Circuit OOC and $4 gets you a cup of Starbucks.

I'm just saying, last years schedule didn't initially look great on paper either. It worked itself out and look almost as identical as this years so far.  Nevada has a chance to be a top 5 team next year. Top 25 regardless at the start of the season. Unless they completely tank next year, I don't see them being left out. Committee was impressed with the MWC last year and it showed. Giving Nevada and SDSU great seeds. 

4 minutes ago, cardrater said:

I'm just saying, last years schedule didn't initially look great on paper either. It worked itself out and look almost as identical as this years so far.  Nevada has a chance to be a top 5 team next year. Top 25 regardless at the start of the season. Unless they completely tank next year, I don't see them being left out. Committee was impressed with the MWC last year and it showed. Giving Nevada and SDSU great seeds. 

So you could be a top 5 team, and yet get a 4 seed because of a weak schedule and that would be ok with you? That's what gaming the RPI will get you. The committee would look at that schedule and that's as high as you go. Hopefully Muss is working to get somebody else on there, and not intentionally just scheduling sh*t like that. Your team and fans deserve better. @TheSanDieganis right, UNR has got a golden opportunity here, if they're smart enough to take it.