Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

2017 MWC NFL Salary by school

The numbers are wrong.  Carr is the second highest paid QB and Davante just signed a new contract

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I believe this to be accurate for the Bulldogs...

WzA0fcE.png

D Adams really came into his own last year. Having a great QB never hurts but he’s really improved year over year. He’s so well rounded and fun to watch. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

34 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Once again these are last year's salaries 

Just to clarify, these are 2018 salaries correct? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Those numbers are way off... it is just taking straight base salary into account, and not roster bonuses, which is how a lot of highly paid players get the bulk of their money. Carr had a base salary of $5M last year, but he also received a roster bonus on June 30th for $7.65M. He received his $15M roster bonus for 2018 in March, and will receive his base salary of $7.4M as the season progresses.  

Yeah, total compensation would look much different if all bonuses were added to these numbers. Charles Leno from BSU only made 1.8 mil base salary in 2017 but made another 3.4 mil in bonuses. George Iloka made an additional 1.4 mil over his 4 mil base pay from bonuses and several other BSU guys made between 500,000 to 1 mil additional. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of guys in the MWC making significantly more than this list suggests too.

16 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Amazing how much of the salary numbers come from 1-2 guys for most teams.

Man if Boise State could ever get a starting QB into the league.......

They have a starting QB coach... 

20 hours ago, retrofade said:

I believe this to be accurate for the Bulldogs...

WzA0fcE.png

Translation: 65% earned by two of the ten.

I'm not saying that's bad, just reminding folks that as a means of determining the significance of each program to the NFL, this metric is rather skewed by how much more starting skill position players earn than anyone else.

Still, the fact former UNM players are apparently earning absolute $0 in NFL money is nothing short of shocking. I wonder how many other FBS schools don't have even one of their guys playing in the NFL.

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

i had no idea donald penn made as much money

Even if you're just a serviceable Offensive Tackle you are going to get paid serious bank in the NFL these days. Charles Leno was a 7th round draft pick but signed a 4 year, 38 million second contract with the Bears last year. 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:36 PM, Broncomare said:

That is interesting! Thanks for doing it!!  To all you Boise haters - football is King and Boise is King of the MWC!!!!!

It's pretty amazing how just one good player can make such a big difference. If Kap hadn't decided to pursue hardcore activist status, we'd be at around $24 mill in 2nd, and if he were still on his original big SF contract playing great, we'd be totally smoking Boise at around $34 to $35 mil (IIRC kap's playing well salary).  

kat.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, Nevada Convert said:

It's pretty amazing how just one good player can make such a big difference. If Kap hadn't decided to pursue hardcore activist status, we'd be at around $24 mill in 2nd, and if he were still on his original big SF contract playing great, we'd be totally smoking Boise at around $34 to $35 mil (IIRC kap's playing well salary).  

Yeah, but in everyone else's reality based universe dudes working at convenience stores are making more money then Kap and the only thing Nevada football is smoking BSU football at is grandma shoving.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, KingBronco said:

Yeah, but in everyone else's reality based universe dudes working at convenience stores are making more money then Kap and the only thing Nevada football is smoking BSU football at is grandma shoving.

I'm not going to defend Kap, but do you really think he's not making money right now? You might want to back up and re-do that one. 

kat.jpg

On 5/19/2018 at 1:13 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Translation: 65% earned by two of the ten.

I'm not saying that's bad, just reminding folks that as a means of determining the significance of each program to the NFL, this metric is rather skewed by how much more starting skill position players earn than anyone else.

Still, the fact former UNM players are apparently earning absolute $0 in NFL money is nothing short of shocking. I wonder how many other FBS schools don't have even one of their guys playing in the NFL.

It's an oversight. Off the top of my head Glover Quinn is still starting. He led the league in interceptions just a few years ago so I'm sure he's getting paid....