Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Ten dead in Houston suburb school shooting

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Does his blade glow when liberals are close?

The less time I spend thinking about his "blade" growing er, I mean, glowing the happier I find that I am.

Doing nothing is not working.

I don't know what will fix this problem, but we need to do something. Perhaps a bipartisan or non-partisan panel be commissioned to dig into it and make recommendations, then act on their findings. Thoughts and prayers obviously does not work.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I don't know what will fix this problem, but we need to do something. Perhaps a bipartisan or non-partisan panel be commissioned to dig into it and make recommendations, then act on their findings. Thoughts and prayers obviously does not work.

I think we should let the cdc study the how and why these thing happen and see what they recommend.  I know some of their recommendations won’t be popular and we dont necessarily have to enact them but it would be a start. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Weird how a guy who's income might depend on health insurance payments sure doesn't want people insured 

I'm not sure you've been paying attention.  But, we've kind of come to expect that from you.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

With so many kids anti gun, maybe in 20-30 years the problem will decrease? 

People's views change as they get older.  The liberal college student often becomes more conservative with age and stops wanting to light the world on fire.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

No there isn't.  Another ignorant lefty speaking out his ass.   

These graphs just talk about gun deaths they do not include non gun murder rates.  meaning this statistic has limited usefulness.

firearmhomicide2.jpg

As shown, when considered from a global perspective, there is no correlation between the number of guns per capita in a country and the number of firearm-related homicides. Note that the United States has, by far, the most number of guns per capita, at 89 per 100, but a homicide by firearm rate of only 3 per 100,000. Compare that to Honduras, which has only 6.2 guns per 100 people but a sky-high homicide by firearm rate of 68 per 100,000.

https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2013/03/the-correlation-between-guns-and-homicide-rate.html

I was talking about in the United States. not comparing us to the third world.. If you want to compare countries, maybe you should stick with the 1st world.

In the United States, the States with the highest gun ownership rates, almost always have the highest gun firearm rate,

5589cdcaeab8ea2c4d634e48-750-606.png

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Or even start enforcing gun owner insurance policies.........you keep a hand gun and have it safely stored the premiums might be $20 a month...........you own an arsenal & leave then all over then you pay $300 a month 

That sounds good, everyone loves money more than their loved ones they will be appreciative for the exchange.   We can expand this great idea as well, insurance for speech because speech is far more dangerous than guns.  Pem mightier than the sword remember.  A politician would have to have billions in political speech insurance.  After all if you are for abortion your could get sued by a woman who missed out on being a grandma.  If you were for interstate trade you could get sued for some derelict being run over by an 18 wheeler.

Then we can go on down the bill of rights.  If you want freedom from illegal searches, you need insurance in case you are hiding something and commit a crime with it later.   If you want freedom of religion you need insurance in case your religion decides to have a war against another religion.  If you want to live outside prison you would need insurance in case your committed a crime and needed to be jailed.

I think this is a great idea, insurance for constitutional rights!

I will make it easier for you all, just move to North Korea, they have none of these problems. :whistle:

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

I was talking about in the United States. not comparing us to the third world.. If you want to compare countries, maybe you should stick with the 1st world.

Is Sweden, Finland, and Russia third world?   You might want to tell them that.

Plus I know this is too complicated for you, but that is just gun deaths.  It doesn't include murders by other means.  That is really a ridiculous graph even though it does prove you wrong a 100 ways.

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

Firearm death rate per 100,00

Sweden: 1.47

Finland: 3.25

Russia: not found

United States: 11.96

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Yes and they have a shitload of guns in those countries and don't have a high gun murder rate.  You really are dumb, you prove my point for me.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Firearm death rate per 100,00

Sweden: 1.47

Finland: 3.25

Russia: not found

United States: 11.96

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Take the gang related murders out of those statistics and our rate would be significantly lower. However, our society doesn’t seem to care much about those deaths. 

3 hours ago, Mano said:

The right is bought and paid for by the NRA. And as long as they are nothing will change. They won't participate in a bi-partisan panel. And a non-partisan panel won't have any power as long as the NRA wield$ so much influence with the right. I agree with you that doing nothing is not working. And that won't change as long as the Republicans are in power. Sad but true. :(

And for those of you on the right, no I'm not a lefty. I'm an Independent.

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Take the gang related murders out of those statistics and our rate would be significantly lower. However, our society doesn’t seem to care much about those deaths. 

The racists on the left don’t really give two shits about inner city crime and gang violence. Their racism really comes to the surface when crime happens out in white suburbia. It’s totally apparent throughout this thread.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg