Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Ten dead in Houston suburb school shooting

@RiverCityBronco

The last two posts are examples of why the discussion dies out every time something like this happens. From reading them, it's immediately apparent there's no point to continuing. Nobody persuadable. And if you have a point of view that there should be more gun control, prepare to be abused.

6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Essentially it comes down to racist elitism and control by the far left. They don’t really care about inner city children as they claim. This whole debate is really about leveraging tragedies in white suberbia to further their authoritarian agenda.

geez man...  that's a pretty uncharitable take on their motivations.

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

I appreciate the honesty. Let's us know where the discussion truly stands.

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

@RiverCityBronco

The last two posts are examples of why the discussion dies out every time something like this happens. From reading them, it's immediately apparent there's no point to continuing. Nobody persuadable. And if you have a point of view that there should be more gun control, prepare to be abused.

The problem is morons like you are so ignorant about the subject you don't have the basis to have a conversation because you don't know anything.  

Then it is suddenly everyone else's fault you are too ignorant.

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

The truth hurts.  It is still the truth no matter how many bunny hugger's it makes cry.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

The problem is morons like you are so ignorant about the subject you don't have the basis to have a conversation because you don't know anything.  

Then it is suddenly everyone else's fault you are too ignorant.

The truth hurts.  It is still the truth no matter how many bunny hugger's it makes cry.

no, it's not the truth.  the height of your arrogance is your unshakeable confidence that you KNOW how people are thinking.  you don't.  you don't get to say why people are doing things.

45 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Alcohol ruthlessly kills 88,000 Americans every year. Let me know when you’re ready to ban it — shit went over real well during prohibition.

YOU LEAVE JESUS JUICE OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Just now, AndroidAggie said:

i don't think retrenchment is the answer

Oh you're probably correct. 

But it's also true that at some point it becomes apparent who is and who is not worth engaging with on a particular subject. 

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

Oh you're probably correct. 

But it's also true that at some point it becomes apparent who is and who is not worth engaging with on a particular subject. 

this is mwcboard, none of us are worth engaging.

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

no, it's not the truth.  the height of your arrogance is your unshakeable confidence that you KNOW how people are thinking.  you don't.  you don't get to say why people are doing things.

It is exactly the truth.   Authoritarian leftests don't post every day someone dies in Chicago, well of course that is every day.  You could care less about black people dying.   All you care about is your white kids and the scary black rifle.

All Rifles combined kill less than 400 people a year which is less than the number of African sleeping sickness victims in this country.  Pistols kill thousands.   Just another example of the racism involved in your solutions and how you identify problems.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Bad example. Lots of people that have driver licenses drive while drunk and kill way more than are killed with guns. There is a segment of society that are irresponsible or mentally unstable that are the problem, not the vehicles, or the guns.

I think it's disingenuous to blame the mentally ill.  There are millions of mentally ill that would never do anything like this, and it brands and stigmatizes them in society; making it harder for them to seek treatment.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, AndroidAggie said:

this is mwcboard, none of us are worth engaging.

Well...that's a good thing. My wife would probably disapprove of my having a harem. 

Just now, bluerules009 said:

It is exactly the truth.   Authoritarian leftests don't post every day someone dies in Chicago, well of course that is every day.  You could care less about black people dying.   All you care about is your white kids and the scary black rifle.

All Rifles combined kill less than 400 people a year which is less than the number of African sleeping sickness victims in this country.  Pistols kill thousands.   Just another example of the racism involved in your solutions and how you identify problems.

you're a fool.

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

I think it's disingenuous to blame the mentally ill.  There are millions of mentally ill that would never do anything like this, and it brands and stigmatizes them in society; making it harder for them to seek treatment.

Perhaps, but it is closer to accurate than blaming an inanimate device like a gun.  Reasonable or unreasonable (however you want to see it) additional gun control will do very little to stem these schools shootings IMO.  Figuring out and addressing what makes a young man decide to do such a horrific act will go much farther, even though it is far less convenient than just banning guns.  And yes, I said young men.  How many of these perpetrators are women?  I don't know if that matters, but it is one piece of the trend.

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

And don't even get us started on how many people cancer kills every day!

Clearly these are relevant data points to gun deaths!

How many people do you think have been killed by legal or illegal automatic weapons in the United States in the last 20 years moron?   That wasn't a police use of force.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

How many people do you think have been killed by legal or illegal automatic weapons in the United States in the last 20 years moron?   That wasn't a police use of force.

0hIuRFv.png