Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Ten dead in Houston suburb school shooting

8 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

In any case, this has become an epidemic in our country.  And due to politics and ideology we paralyzed to actually do anything about it. 

I am sure eventually stuff will be done. I am also sure that whatever it is will not be enough to stop a school shooting from happening again, but when it does happen again, some will pat themselves on the backs for it taking much longer to happen again.

15 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What a +++++ing dickhole.

What an asshole. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

These shootings get a lot of notoriety. High school kids are emotional in any case and some mentally unstable. Combine those two and you get the copycats. Unfortunately, the sad truth is there is very little that can be done about it. 

Times have changed. Four or five decades ago rural kids had gun racks and rifles in their pickups at school yet shootings were very rare. Society has changed and not in a good way. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

As many as eight people have been killed Friday in a shooting at Santa Fe High School, according to a source close to the investigation.

Now being reported as 10+...

An AR-15, a shotgun, a pistol, and pipe bombs (although they may have not gone off).

25 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Oh hey, isn't that @BSUTOP25?

I was going to let the whole completely unprovoked "eat a big bowl of dicks" comment go but this totally seems like the sort of thing you'd be fanatical enough about your penis extenders and dickish enough to do.

Well fellas ... looks like we found another pervy ammophobe who loves to rub one off every time there’s a mass murder. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Well fellas ... looks like we found another pervy ammophobe who loves to rub one off every time there’s a mass murder. 

lol.

Yeah, pointing out that mass murders with guns is a good argument to pass sensible gun laws totally equals pervy ammophobes. Try harder bro.

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

These shootings get a lot of notoriety. High school kids are emotional in an any case and some mentally unstable. Combine those two and you get the copycats. Unfortunately, the sad truth is there is very little that can be done about it. 

I really don’t agree that there is very little that can be done about it.  Of course how would we know?  As a society we seem unwilling to try anything (besides thoughts & prayers).  We simply shrug our shoulders and move on.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

1 minute ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I really don’t agree that there is very little that can be done about it.  Of course how would we know?  As a society we seem unwilling to try anything.  We simply shrug our shoulders and move on.  

Yep. 

It's like if we didn't require driver's licenses to drive and there was a ton of car crashes, then people made the argument "we can't eliminate 100% of car crash fatalities by requiring people to train and earn a license before driving so...why bother?"

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

lol.

Yeah, pointing out that mass murders with guns is a good argument to pass sensible gun laws totally equals pervy ammophobes. Try harder bro.

You should just move your cock slobbering commie self out of Idaho. I’m actually ashamed you’re associated with my home state at all. 

3 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I really don’t agree that there is very little that can be done about it.  Of course how would we know?  As a society we seem unwilling to try anything.  We simply shrug our shoulders and move on.  

What would you suggest? 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You should just move your cock slobbering commie self out of Idaho. I’m actually ashamed you’re associated with my home state at all. 

Finally! Common ground!

You know, I’m also a native Idahoan. I’m way cooler than you or @nocoolnamejim too. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Yep. 

It's like if we didn't require driver's licenses to drive and there was a ton of car crashes, then people made the argument "we can't eliminate 100% of car crash fatalities by requiring people to train and earn a license before driving so...why bother?"

Bad example. Lots of people that have driver licenses drive while drunk and kill way more than are killed with guns. There is a segment of society that are irresponsible or mentally unstable that are the problem, not the vehicles, or the guns.

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Finally! Common ground!

Yes, I’m glad we can agree that it’s regrettable you were ever in Idaho. Get the fvck out and stay away. Thanks.

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Bad example. Lots of people that have driver licenses drive while drunk and kill way more than are killed with guns. 

No, that's my point Soup.

We issue driver's licenses knowing in advance we can't totally eliminate auto fatalities. The only way to eliminate auto fatalities completely is to eliminate cars completely, and that's both impractical, infeasible and, well, just plain silly. They're a basic necessity still for most Americans. Licensing drivers is a way to REDUCE the number and chances of people getting killed.

You pass laws to try and mitigate a problem even knowing that it won't ever solve it 100%. It's the same with gun laws. Restricting them from mentally ill individuals (an Obama era executive order that Trump rolled back) or having universal background checks or other mild measures could likely lessen the frequency of event's like today's but nobody pretends it would fix 100% of the problem.

Yes, I’m glad we can agree that it’s regrettable you were ever in Idaho. Get the fvck out and stay away. Thanks.

So very salty and triggered. 

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

No, that's my point Soup.

We issue driver's licenses knowing in advance we can't totally eliminate auto fatalities. The only way to eliminate auto fatalities completely is to eliminate cars completely, and that's both impractical, infeasible and, well, just plain silly. They're a basic necessity still for most Americans. Licensing drivers is a way to REDUCE the number and chances of people getting killed.

You pass laws to try and mitigate a problem even knowing that it won't ever solve it 100%. It's the same with gun laws. Restricting them from mentally ill individuals (an Obama era executive order that Trump rolled back) or having universal background checks or other mild measures could likely lessen the frequency of event's like today's but nobody pretends it would fix 100% of the problem.

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

What would you suggest? 

I have thoughts on the issue that could be dissected and debated ad nauseam.  But our country has a lot of intelligent, diverse, and reasonable people who can at least begin to approach the issue and find a holistic set of solutions that will address this very complex problem.  Doing nothing is not a solution, and in my opinion not acceptable.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

So very salty and triggered. 

I’ll gladly accept that any day over being a cock slobbering communist fvck like you.