Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

What's the elevation of Laramie?

HIGH ALTITUDE performance seems to be somewhat of a misnomer.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

1 hour ago, Bob said:

getting lower everyday with the rising sea level. 

People that live in flood plains and along the coast should have to pay an astronomical amount of tax to live in such places or else get NO federal aid to rebuild their homes when they get destroyed by natural disasters. I for one think that it's bull shit that tax dollars go to help rebuild these places constantly. They should not get any government relief because hey stupidly chose to build their homes in a place that it's likely to get destroyed. 

Yeah, it's ridiculous that the areas that pay what, three quarters of federal taxes get aided by federal taxes!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

30 minutes ago, Subcanis said:

While some fan bases like complaining about altitude.   Not much you can do there :shrug:

2 hours ago, Bob said:

getting lower everyday with the rising sea level. 

People that live in flood plains and along the coast should have to pay an astronomical amount of tax to live in such places or else get NO federal aid to rebuild their homes when they get destroyed by natural disasters. I for one think that it's bull shit that tax dollars go to help rebuild these places constantly. They should not get any government relief because hey stupidly chose to build their homes in a place that it's likely to get destroyed. 

I don’t mind so much if it keeps them on the coast. 

What's the elevation of Medicine Bow Peak? How deep is Lake Marie? How many dead people are still on Medicine Bow peak from the plane crash in 1955? Enquirering minds want to know!

down in a hole.jpg

7 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

What's the elevation of Medicine Bow Peak? How deep is Lake Marie? How many dead people are still on Medicine Bow peak from the plane crash in 1955? Enquirering minds want to know!

12,014', 40', and none.

Happy to help.

SUDS fans ... when are you guys going to demand for this technology to be employed at most of the MWC arenas?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 5/17/2018 at 2:12 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Whatever we damn well want it to be!

If you're at high altitude, what's the benefit of training at sea level. (Honest question)

1 hour ago, Fort Fun said:

If you're at high altitude, what's the benefit of training at sea level. (Honest question)

Honestly, no idea. Just seemed like something cool worth sharing.

I also thought it would set up great for a "Sorry SDSU, but our basketball court can't fit inside the altitude chamber" joke. Luckily @BSUTOP25 came through for me

2 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Let's ask our resident personal trainer

@LoFasZz

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

They have a golf simulator in there.

10 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Everything I’ve read says you want the opposite (train high, but live at low altitude, at least for aerobic endurance.)

On 5/17/2018 at 2:25 PM, Subcanis said:

I think you're right. I stayed at motel in Laramie next to a truck stop by the freeway (I don't remember the name) and ran from there to the WYO campus and back. And I didn't feel much more winded than I normally do after a run, and I live in San Diego which is just above sea level. I don't know the exact distance, but I'm guessing it was around 6 miles? I crossed a bridge over the Laramie river along the way and back so maybe you know where that motel is.

4 hours ago, crixus said:

I think you're right. I stayed at motel in Laramie next to a truck stop by the freeway (I don't remember the name) and ran from there to the WYO campus and back. And I didn't feel much more winded than I normally do after a run, and I live in San Diego which is just above sea level. I don't know the exact distance, but I'm guessing it was around 6 miles? I crossed a bridge over the Laramie river along the way and back so maybe you know where that motel is.

That was a 70 yard run. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

That was a 70 yard run. 

• No way dude. The motel was on W. Curtis St. next to I-80 (near where the 310 in red is). I found the location, but I don't remember the name of the motel.

laramie_map.gif

1 hour ago, crixus said:
  • No way dude. The motel was on W. Curtis St. next to I-80 (near where the 310 in red is). I found the location, but I don't remember the name of the motel.

laramie_map.gif

If you were across the street from a truck stop you were probably at the Best Western, which would be about a 2.5 mile run to campus (5 miles round trip). 

Either way, if you’re in good running shape you’re not going to notice that much of a difference until you find out what your pace is (i.e., if you struggle running an 8 min/mi pace at sea level you will really struggle at 7220). 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG