Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lester_in_reno

will Lyon County Nevada shut down its legal brothels? to a vote!

37 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Checking the photographs it appears the profession wasn’t represented at the meeting. 

“But Hof, fed up he says with high taxes and big government, is running for the state Assembly from a southern Nevada district. The anti-brothel campaign, he says, is an attempt by the establishment to keep him out of the legislature.

"I'm a rebel. I'm the guy that's going to fight with them. We're not going to raise taxes. We're going to repeal the Commerce tax that these RINOs (Republicans in name only) put through. I'm not a part of the team."

"He's not our target," insists Guinasso. "Our target is really the industry and the harm that it's been doing to women, but he's really helped us put a face on the problem and that's a circumstance of his making, not ours.”

- - -

I’m a rebel! LOL

IMO. Hof wants people to think of him as a do-gooder that’s generating millions of tax dollars for the county. Problem is, he’s always been thought of as a greasy businessman, used car salesmen pimp who people sorta accepted because it is a legal business. Now, women are coming out saying “I was forced to ‘perform’ for this guy, he didn’t pay, he’s my boss.” Also, the “No Little Girl” ads resonate with women. I honestly don’t care one way or the other, but if I lived there I would vote to get rid of them simply because they don’t need them. More Cali folk means more problems for the way it was mindset. 

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

and mutant, reptilian-like inhabitants. 

We drove through Elko on the way to see my in-laws. Goddamn if you aren't right. We saw one truck with a few normal looking dudes and I thought "oh good at least it isn't totally full of weirdos". The truck turned the corner and had campbell county plates. 

That's how you know it's weird, CCCSers look normal in that place. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

We drove through Elko on the way to see my in-laws. Goddamn if you aren't right. We saw one truck with a few normal looking dudes and I thought "oh good at least it isn't totally full of weirdos". The truck turned the corner and had campbell county plates. 

That's how you know it's weird, CCCSers look normal in that place. 

No shit. You should spend an hour or so at the DMV there. Jesus Christ. 

10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I’d bet a large percentage of the people working in Elko are from Wyoming/Montana. 

Those are the people  with missing teeth and fingers. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I'd suggest that it's impossible from a practical standpoint to prevent the World's Oldest Profession from taking place. So you might as well have it out in the open, regulated and taxed.

>Mandatory usage of condoms lowers the spread of STDs (and possibly fewer abortions if that is something that you consider a moral wrong for your personal belief system)

>Protections for the sex workers themselves due to what they're doing being legal and therefore having the right to go to the police if they're abused and/or blackmailed

>Extra revenue for the government. Probably lowers costs as well by taking non-violent offenders out of jails and thereby freeing up space.

>Frees up police resources to pursue higher priority crimes. 

Those four seem fairly obvious. One more that's more debatable from a morality standpoint.

>Arguably, less infringements on individual freedoms and civil rights. If someone wants to sell a personal service to another person who is willing to pay for it, then - again arguably - why does the state have a right to interfere with that?

17 hours ago, ph90702 said:

We need legal brothels.

Jesus you've been under siege lately. First craigslist personals and BackPage go away, now this. At this rate you'll never get laid again.