Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lester_in_reno

will Lyon County Nevada shut down its legal brothels? to a vote!

8 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I’d bet a large percentage of the people working in Elko are from Wyoming/Montana. 

It wouldn't surprise me. I knew some real dumb+++++s who went down there to work in the mines. But let's not make it seem as if the locals are some learned intellectual class. Mine trash is mine trash, no matter its place or origin. 

38 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It wouldn't surprise me. I knew some real dumb+++++s who went down there to work in the mines. But let's not make it seem as if the locals are some learned intellectual class. Mine trash is mine trash, no matter its place or origin. 

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/643279?keywords=wyoming-industries-strongest&year=2015&month=05&date=07&id=643279&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Features

The only thing shutting down the brothels will accomplish is growing the black market for sex workers and the tragedy of human trafficking. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

How many are in Elko?

I was under the impression that there were still two. Back in the day, there were Donna’s and the Hacienda. Are there more or less now.

A buddy of mine and I were making the return trip smuggling weed from Cali when I was a teenager. We stopped for gas and he asked the guy working there where the whore house was. He pointed, and ther rest is history.

30 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

They have prostitutes for sure, but I’ve never heard of any brothels. But they coul have twenty and still not have as many per capita as Elko.

Far more prostitution in SLC than Elko.

They just have no protection and no place to go if in trouble.  Tapeworms like you see that they are exploited as much as possible.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/26/salt-lake-city-police-arrest-50-in-weeklong-prostitution-operation/

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/massage-parlor-raided-for-suspected-prostitution/958552966

https://historytogo.utah.gov/salt_lake_tribune/in_another_time/theoldestprofessionssordidpastinutah.html

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

When did I say prostitution should be outlawed.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Where did I claim you said that prostitution should be outlawed?

You said “Tapeworms like you see that they are exploited as much as possible.“ just more nonsense from you.

6 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

You said “Tapeworms like you see that they are exploited as much as possible.“ just more nonsense from you.

Just going by past performance.  It doesn't guarantee future results but I would bet on it.

The problem is this group of people, who are also working on Nye County as well, think that legalize prostitution is hurting Nevada's image, hurting women in the state and hurting our economy because, well just go back to Harry Reid's speech to the state legislature from a few years ago. 

Ultimately I think the movements are going to fail but I do wonder what the real reason is for this group to try to do this all of a sudden. Maybe one of the people believes he got cheated when he went to visit the last time.

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

The problem is this group of people, who are also working on Nye County as well, think that legalize prostitution is hurting Nevada's image, hurting women in the state and hurting our economy because, well just go back to Harry Reid's speech to the state legislature from a few years ago. 

Ultimately I think the movements are going to fail but I do wonder what the real reason is for this group to try to do this all of a sudden. Maybe one of the people believes he got cheated when he went to visit the last time.

yep. And the June 12th vote is just an advisory  for the county to decide on putting it on the November ballot.

I think newcomers/visitors  come here from other states and say to the big shots when on their tours...... 'oh my gosh, you have sanctioned  brothels? How untoward".!

Those visitors  likely don't know the rules they have to abide by, and are selectively ignorant about illicit  prostitution, (or worse, trafficking),  going  on in their home city.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

7 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

That’s part of the issue. Like I said, I could care less about this but the No Little Girl message is an angle that’s pretty powerful as is the messaging from former prostitutes. And Hof opens his mouth wat too much. 

32 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

You can bet there's a religious aspect to it........the guy (attorney) who is leading the petition charge worked for LT GOV Mark Hutchinson's firm and Hutchinson is LDS - not saying the LDS church is backing this, but a small band of bible thumpers 

I don't see it being a big issue - it's regulated, the brothels are licensed and the girls are checked out for diseases regularly.

Stopping legal brothels won't curb the illegal prostitution in urban LV & Reno which is far more insidious than what happens in NV's brothels