Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Gen Y and millennial myn plagued by what I'm coining as the "Subaru-IPA Syndrome"

19 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

You have to be kidding me! HA! HA!@ HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!'

That explains a lot about all the girly men on this board and why we have a troll competition of bunny huggers, where the manliest contestant is @4UNLV.

Most of you should be worshipping @ph90702 at least he can get it up.  Even if he has to pay for it.  

I may be an old man yelling at clouds but you are all impotent, you have no reason to laugh!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA !HA! HA!

Hey I’ve been working out, cause nobody’s gonna push this grandma down any stairs.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Talib Kweli, NAS, Wu Tang and other greats are still making music and can't even get on the radio.  Meanwhile Lil Pump and Cardi B top charts.

It's +++++ing insane.

You know which rock bands weren’t topping the charts in 90’s? Almost all the ones from the 70’s.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The greats were still top charts.  

Between 1996 and 1999, only U2, Aerosmith, and Fleetwood Mac had a #1 new album. Only Santana, Aerosmith, and Elton John had a #1 single.

In the past 3 years Eminem, Jay Z, and A Tribe called Quest had #1 albums. It’s same as it ever was.

Also, who listens to radio?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

What’s your music jumping shark line? I can’t stand that rock is basically on its death bed. 

Is it me or does every single top 40 hip hop song sound like the other 39? I try to listen and not be that old Dad. I suck at it but I try. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

I feel that rock is dead. I think that Grunge was the last hurrah, then it just died off after that. Probably when Limp Bizkit followed by the Emo wave hit, that was when it was truly finally offed. 

And as far as Top 40 Hip Hop...I agree completely. It all sounds like shit. Like the same 3 beats used, and the same 3 dudes moaning in monotone. It's +++++ing horrible. Hiphop may as well be dead too IMO. 

The garage rock revival was 16 years ago and Eddie Vedder is the last living grunge frontman of note still alive. Culturally, rock is not only dead, but the wake is over and the undertaker is just waiting the last hangers on to leave so he can shuffle the corpse off to the potters field to lie next to Jazz and Tin Pan Alley.

Let the kids have their crappy music. In less than 15 years new kids will come along and take music culture from them, and they’ll be left thinking everything new is crap.

Having balls has become non-pc.  We need to wear skull decorated black clothes to prove we are bad instead.      It is now discouraged to act like a man....and when i say act like a man, I mean things like take care of your family.   If you dont, there arent enough tatts, trucks or black clothes to prove you are a man.

If this is old fashioned....so be it. 

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Having balls has become non-pc.  We need to wear skull decorated black clothes to prove we are bad instead.      It is now discouraged to act like a man....and when i say act like a man, I mean things like take care of your family.   If you dont, there arent enough tatts, trucks or black clothes to prove you are a man.

If this is old fashioned....so be it. 

Discouraged by who? I don’t get this?

On 5/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, AndroidAggie said:

i am pretty good at making stuff

Was writing an SQL query with a WITH Recursive today and thought about your Quaker ass today.

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I feel that rock is dead. I think that Grunge was the last hurrah, then it just died off after that. Probably when Limp Bizkit followed by the Emo wave hit, that was when it was truly finally offed. 

And as far as Top 40 Hip Hop...I agree completely. It all sounds like shit. Like the same 3 beats used, and the same 3 dudes moaning in monotone. It's +++++ing horrible. Hiphop may as well be dead too IMO. 

I agree for the most part. But as far as hiphop goes, Kendrick Lamar is a worthy successor to the greats.

Edit: Limp Bizkit was a crime against music.

There seems to be a clear connection between rock music and boners.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Between 1996 and 1999, only U2, Aerosmith, and Fleetwood Mac had a #1 new album. Only Santana, Aerosmith, and Elton John had a #1 single.

In the past 3 years Eminem, Jay Z, and A Tribe called Quest had #1 albums. It’s same as it ever was.

Also, who listens to radio?

That Tribe Called Quest album was brilliant.

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The garage rock revival was 16 years ago and Eddie Vedder is the last living grunge frontman of note still alive. Culturally, rock is not only dead, but the wake is over and the undertaker is just waiting the last hangers on to leave so he can shuffle the corpse off to the potters field to lie next to Jazz and Tin Pan Alley.

Let the kids have their crappy music. In less than 15 years new kids will come along and take music culture from them, and they’ll be left thinking everything new is crap.

This post depresses me.

Look man, if Urban Myer can bring back the phucking veer option, then there is still hope for rock and roll.

40 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I agree for the most part. But as far as hiphop goes, Kendrick Lamar is a worthy successor to the greats.

Edit: Limp Bizkit was a crime against music.

Motown>HipHop

9 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I like it because good Motown is like good  country, the songs tells a story.  

Funny you should say that. Malcolm Gladwell had a pretty interesting podcast episode about why certain genres like country, Motown, and some hip-hop use stories as the backbone of their music and why rock doesn’t: http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/16-the-king-of-tears. It’s worth a listen. 

26 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Funny you should say that. Malcolm Gladwell had a pretty interesting podcast episode about why certain genres like country, Motown, and some hip-hop use stories as the backbone of their music and why rock doesn’t: http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/16-the-king-of-tears. It’s worth a listen. 

I listened to the first part of that.  That guy is good.  Interesting takes and good sense of humor.  That podcast is long.  Ill listen to the rest later.  Thank you for posting that.

To his point, when you listen to Marvin, or Johnny Cash, its like reading a novel.

But I like the "other half" he talks about too.  I like Motley Crue and ACDC too.

And i think he is too hard on Dillon.

44 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The Dead had a way of of telling stories too.  It was different, its not a narrative, its more of a theme that makes you think.

black muddy river is great.

and i know Deadheads dont claim Touch of Gray too much, but it has two of my all time favorite lines.

"Must be getting early"

And 

"Every silver lining has a touch of gray"

7 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Was writing an SQL query with a WITH Recursive today and thought about your Quaker ass today.

you're using more advanced stuff than me.  i've seen those here and there.  i know what recursion is, but not in this context.  do you know of a good resource to read up on?

14 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

i think creed killed rock

i also think the black keys is the best recent rock band