Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Coach Weir, Lobo Basketball Update...

Any of you guys have an update of what your programs are up to/doing for the upcoming season? Here's Coach Weir's first update on his Lobos for the upcoming basketball season. Good info here for Lobos fan board members to find out whats up...

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

You guys will be really good next year.  Looking forward to playing you guys, hopefully twice! 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Coach just flat out said he's modeling off of what Nevada has/is doing, giving them major props. Looking forward to seeing what his team will do as well this year.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

The biggest news is filing a waiver to get Bragg eligible right away. If the NCAA granted it, we'd be far more prepared for OOC play and he'd get some early games to get ready for league play.

1 hour ago, Lobonado said:

No need for the OT. 

Lobo basketball is on the rise. Weir is building something special in Albuquerque. 

I edited out the OT.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Weir is a helluva coach. Hope he stays in ABQ forever. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Coach just flat out said he's modeling off of what Nevada has/is doing, giving them major props. Looking forward to seeing what his team will do as well this year.

I thought Weir said SDSU was the best team and Dutcher was the best coach in the conference..Methinks he doesn't respect Nevada much at all . Just blowing smoke in the language of coach speak..

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

I thought Weir said SDSU was the best team and Dutcher was the best coach in the conference..Methinks he doesn't respect Nevada much at all . Just blowing smoke in the language of coach speak..

Did you watch the presser? I don’t recall him mentioning SDSU... he did say that currently in the MW, there’s Nevada, then everyone else... and that hopefully his team and others would be able to step up and challenge (I’m paraphrasing but that the gist of what he said), that sounds disrespectful to you? 

“Methinks” that you just WANT Nevada fans to feel like your team is disrespected?

He made the statement during the MW tourney..He was emphatic about it..I am not holding it against him..He is good at coach speak.  I don't care if other schools respect Nevada.  You play the games and see how it goes..I did watch the presser..Weir is very very very confident in himself and I think he believes he has the team to beat..That's good..You want a confident coach..

If Mc Daniels returns, I think we'll be okay. If not, who knows? Adam Seiko will fill Kell's spot in the guard rotation.Nolan Narain will have to step up in the post. I think he can. We have three kids coming in, the Mensah's and a guy from Sudan by way of Nebraska, by the name of  Arop. I don't know a damn thing about any of them other than all three shot 100% on their mix tapes.. The other addition, Malachi Flynn is sitting. He is really good. We still have 2 schollies to give.

The best and worst thing about college ball is you just never know. It's best to just watch the season unfold.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

He made the statement during the MW tourney..He was emphatic about it..I am not holding it against him..He is good at coach speak.  I don't care if other schools respect Nevada.  You play the games and see how it goes..I did watch the presser..Weir is very very very confident in himself and I think he believes he has the team to beat..That's good..You want a confident coach..

He literally said it’s Nevada and everyone else. Which presser did you watch? Nothing but praise and respect from him. 

Just 2 months ago he didn't believe that.  He does not know who Nevada will have on the roster. He said a nice thing about Nevada..That's cool..I just don't think he meant it..That doesn't make him a bad guy..

Just 2 months ago he didn't believe that.  He does not know who Nevada will have on the roster. He said a nice thing about Nevada..That's cool..I just don't think he meant it..That doesn't make him a bad guy..

My goodness. He coaches UNM and his sole focus is UNM. He mentioned UNR in his presser and gave them a little compliment. Who cares what he said two months ago, but obviously you do.  

Like all basketball coaches Weir is blowing smoke..I think it is great and every school should want a confident coach..Do you really think he believes it is Nevada and then everybody else?  I guarantee you he doesn't believe that at all..And he shouldn't.  I think he 100 percent believes he is the best coach in the league and his is the best team..You should want him believing that..

2 months ago he was doing the same thing with Dutcher and SDSU..He is laying down the gauntlet..I think it is fun and a good way to start a feisty rivalry..

I don't think Weir is a bad guy at all..He is just generating some excitement..Good for him..

9 hours ago, nvspuds said:

Like all basketball coaches Weir is blowing smoke..I think it is great and every school should want a confident coach..Do you really think he believes it is Nevada and then everybody else?  I guarantee you he doesn't believe that at all..And he shouldn't.  I think he 100 percent believes he is the best coach in the league and his is the best team..You should want him believing that..

2 months ago he was doing the same thing with Dutcher and SDSU..He is laying down the gauntlet..I think it is fun and a good way to start a feisty rivalry..

I don't think Weir is a bad guy at all..He is just generating some excitement..Good for him..

SO... anything Muss says positive about any other MWC school or coach is just smoke and a lie b/c he’s just using coach speak; and believes he’s superior to the rest of us... got it... #BYUmuch?

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

SO... anything Muss says positive about any other MWC school or coach is just smoke and a lie b/c he’s just using coach speak; and believes he’s superior to the rest of us... got it... #BYUmuch?

Muss is superior.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.