Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Basketball Schedules Home & Home with BYU

25 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

What is THAT??

THAT is better hair on a bad day (arguably the case in that photo) than you’ve had even on your best day. 

14 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Honestly I know they lost a lot of talent, how do you guys think SMC will look next season?

I have read some articles where they are going to be young next year with some predicting they might be the third or fourth best team in the WCC for next year. Gonzaga and BYU are, according to some, expecting to be the top 2 for this upcoming season.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It does. And there aren't many OOC chances to get a good opponent in the west.  

St Mary's is almost a necessity. But if they won't do a return game, especially after the NCAA snub, F them. 

Well you have good vs. solid to me. I think NMSU would be a solid OOC game, maybe not good but solid. Same with Montana and UC-Davis has had a pretty good b-ball team in the last few years. Maybe they aren't eye raisers but they are solid games I think anyway.

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Well you have good vs. solid to me. I think NMSU would be a solid OOC game, maybe not good but solid. Same with Montana and UC-Davis has had a pretty good b-ball team in the last few years. Maybe they aren't eye raisers but they are solid games I think anyway.

I forgot about NMSU.  It would be nice to play the Raggies again, even if LC is a dump and a traveling there is a bitch.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

24 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I would love a road game at Montana next year...think that could qualify as a quad 1 opportunity if scheduled. 

15 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Honestly I know they lost a lot of talent, how do you guys think SMC will look next season?

I think they take a step or two back from this last season.

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Didn’t Lansdale graduate? Without him they aren’t the same team. 

Correct.

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

They have a steady pipeline of players from the U18 Australian national team.

Yes, they have seemed to reload with Aussie talent a lot - guys that have experience playing with each other.

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't know.  I don't follow them closely. But I assume they'll be good. They usually are. 

Yip.

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

I have read some articles where they are going to be young next year with some predicting they might be the third or fourth best team in the WCC for next year. Gonzaga and BYU are, according to some, expecting to be the top 2 for this upcoming season.

Here's an excerpt from what I wrote about them here a while ago:

Saint Mary's loses 4 seniors - Calvin Hermanson, Emmett Naar, Cullen Neal, and WCC POY Jock Landale.  That represents 57% of their minutes played, 61% of points scored, 56% of rebounds, 77% of assists, 51% of steals, 56% of blocks, and, fortunately for the Gaels, 72% of their turnovers.  They return some good pieces, including Ford and Krebs, I think they lose too much to be able to make any good estimation of how good they'll be next season...

Given all that Saint Mary's is losing and all that BYU is projected to get back, I'm optimistic that we can finish second to Gonzaga in the WCC next season.

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I forgot about NMSU.  It would be nice to play the Raggies again, even if LC is a dump and a traveling there is a bitch.

I think that could be a solid series for both teams.

1 hour ago, Packman04 said:

I would love a road game at Montana next year...think that could qualify as a quad 1 opportunity if scheduled. 

We already have four road games set up for 19-20; probably will concentrate on home games for 19-20 with that many roadies already. Unless sign a one and one, a game this upcoming season and then a road game for 20-21

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Las Cruces is 45 long minutes from the El Paso International Airport.  And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I am sure some think Reno is a paradise.  Agree that games would be fun right now.  NMSU finished last year with 35 RPI in realtime and went 3-0 vs MWC while beating Miami and Illinois for P5 wins.  We know what Nevada did during regular season and in NCAA.  

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

We already have four road games set up for 19-20; probably will concentrate on home games for 19-20 with that many roadies already. Unless sign a one and one, a game this upcoming season and then a road game for 20-21

I meant this year..sorry for the confusion 

6 hours ago, alum93 said:

Las Cruces is 45 long minutes from the El Paso International Airport.  And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I am sure some think Reno is a paradise.  Agree that games would be fun right now.  NMSU finished last year with 35 RPI in realtime and went 3-0 vs MWC while beating Miami and Illinois for P5 wins.  We know what Nevada did during regular season and in NCAA.  

Agree! I love living in Las Cruces. BTW Love your analysis on NMSU! What do you think about Juco recruits Thaim and Ivan Coming in? Should I be really excited? 

10 hours ago, NMState said:

Agree! I love living in Las Cruces. BTW Love your analysis on NMSU! What do you think about Juco recruits Thaim and Ivan Coming in? Should I be really excited? 

We talk a lot of NMSU sports on the scout site, but the 2 new jc kids Thiam and Ivan look really good.  Thiam was #6 juco player and averaged 19.7ppg.  Obviously it will be a big step up in comeptition to D1, but he has the body and athleticism.  If we keep all the kids we have today,  we are a solid top 100 RPI with a potential for another top 50 RPI season like last year.  Jans is a great fit for NMSU, both personality and Xs and Os.  It should be another fun year in basketball.  If we find a good qb in football, we can come close to last year's performance there as well.  And of course we play at least 3 games in both sports versus MWC, which is why i post here.  

10 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Can’t wait until golf season.:shrug:

I thought they'd taken up the Cubs mantra..."wait until next year."

Every year is next year in UNLOLV land. 

38 minutes ago, alum93 said:

We talk a lot of NMSU sports on the scout site, but the 2 new jc kids Thiam and Ivan look really good.  Thiam was #6 juco player and averaged 19.7ppg.  Obviously it will be a big step up in comeptition to D1, but he has the body and athleticism.  If we keep all the kids we have today,  we are a solid top 100 RPI with a potential for another top 50 RPI season like last year.  Jans is a great fit for NMSU, both personality and Xs and Os.  It should be another fun year in basketball.  If we find a good qb in football, we can come close to last year's performance there as well.  And of course we play at least 3 games in both sports versus MWC, which is why i post here.  

Yeah I go on there here and there. However interestingly enough NMSU is mentioned on this board many times aswell. So I tend to follow this site more. Besides I never knew these kinds of sites existed and this is the first one I ever stumbled on. Been here ever since. I’ve forgotten my passwords a few times. I used to post under @NewMexicoSt.

20 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

THAT is better hair on a bad day (arguably the case in that photo) than you’ve had even on your best day. 

Your barbs hath missed their mark. It should be no surprise that I was the runner up in the best hair category during my senior year and at my most recent reunion, I was asked to fulfill the duties of the original winner, who had lost all of his between then and now. My perfectly coiffed hair (and I) were hoisted onto shoulders and carried victoriously through the streets that day. You were home tending to a vegetable garden. 

2 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

So your high school chums are counting back hair these days? You’d give a silverback a run for its money. Blech.

Someone is jelly.