Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Basketball Schedules Home & Home with BYU

7 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

if our golden 1 center opponent ends up being St. Mary’s I’ll be pissed (well as pissed as I get over this crap).

Golden 1 is an awesome idea. That needs to happen every year. 

5 hours ago, brillio said:

This is a good home opener for us, and we should be playing them on a regular basis.   On a side note, the season starts November 6?? Why's it starting so early this season? Didn't it usually start the weekend after Veteran's Day? 

sounds like an exhibition game. :P

jk. should be a good game. just make sure to get your black wall up in time for the game.

6 hours ago, brillio said:

This is a good home opener for us, and we should be playing them on a regular basis.   On a side note, the season starts November 6?? Why's it starting so early this season? Didn't it usually start the weekend after Veteran's Day? 

NCAA decided to move the start of the season for at least this year, I think one reasoning was because of college football still going they thought the start of basketball season got lost. Another reason I read was to give teams more time to schedule games.

13 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Agreed.  I'm not sure how good BYU will be next year, since it lost its best scorer, and there isn't really a replacement coming in.

But it should be fun.  Probably will be a sold out game.

BYU plays the following MWC schools in basketball next season:  Nevada, UNLV, SDSU, and USU.   The 16-game WCC schedule has been a positive already.

Another trip to the biggest little city for you? Fro-yo is on me. 

58 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Could try to get Cal again but thinking Stanford is a pipe dream unless in an tournament.

That really only leaves St Mary's for a quality opponent in the Bay. After their NCAA snub, they may reconsider a home & home. 

Cal would be good but I doubt they'd play us.  They're probably still mad they didn't snag Muss. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Putting an ass whipping on them will make you feel much better. 

It would also be a good win. 

Honestly I know they lost a lot of talent, how do you guys think SMC will look next season?

10 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

NCAA decided to move the start of the season for at least this year, I think one reasoning was because of college football still going they thought the start of basketball season got lost. Another reason I read was to give teams more time to schedule games.

I know it’s the NCAA so I shouldn’t expect much, but how the hell do they figure starting earlier will make the beginning of the season not get lost? They do know football is also going on a week earlier, right?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I know it’s the NCAA so I shouldn’t expect much, but how the hell do they figure starting earlier will make the beginning of the season not get lost? They do know football is also going on a week earlier, right?

Football? Are they playing football this year? I want the basketball season to start next week.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well starting the basketball season on a weekend they felt basketball got lost in TV coverage and such so moving the start of the season to the middle of the week could get more coverage. 

11 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That really only leaves St Mary's for a quality opponent in the Bay. After their NCAA snub, they may reconsider a home & home. 

Cal would be good but I doubt they'd play us.  They're probably still mad they didn't snag Muss. 

Pretty much however for me, that is how it has been for a while because I never really thought we had a shot at Stanford on the schedule unless in a tournament. I just mentioned Cal because they have shown to at least have interest in signing agreements with us. I also don't see USC or UCLA signing anything with us unless involved in a tournament. So that really cuts down on quality opponents in California as a whole.

11 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Honestly I know they lost a lot of talent, how do you guys think SMC will look next season?

I don't know.  I don't follow them closely. But I assume they'll be good. They usually are. 

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Pretty much however for me, that is how it has been for a while because I never really thought we had a shot at Stanford on the schedule unless in a tournament. I just mentioned Cal because they have shown to at least have interest in signing agreements with us. I also don't see USC or UCLA signing anything with us unless involved in a tournament. So that really cuts down on quality opponents in California as a whole.

It does. And there aren't many OOC chances to get a good opponent in the west.  

St Mary's is almost a necessity. But if they won't do a return game, especially after the NCAA snub, F them. 

Barack Obama