Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CullenBohanon

If no MVC/MWC Challenge.. Is a WCC/MWC Challenge on the Horizon??

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

What would the WCC's RPI be w/o Gonzaga? 

The WCC is a one team league. How often is the regular season or tourney champ a team other than Gonzaga? 

Not very often.  Saint Mary's shared the regular season title with Gonzaga in 2011 and 2016.  Saint Mary's won both the outright regular season and the tournament championship in 2012.  Saint Mary's won the tournament championship in 2010.  San Diego won the tournament championship in 2008 and 2003.  In 2000 and 2002, Pepperdine shared the regular season title with Gonzaga.

18 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Not very often.  Saint Mary's shared the regular season title with Gonzaga in 2011 and 2016.  Saint Mary's won both the outright regular season and the tournament championship in 2012.  Saint Mary's won the tournament championship in 2010.  San Diego won the tournament championship in 2008 and 2003.  In 2000 and 2002, Pepperdine shared the regular season title with Gonzaga.

Soooooo, it’s only happened about 50% of the time since 2000???  LOL!

v0icAvfW.jpg

29 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Well, when you put it that way...

Stats are fun. You can also put it this way: since 2000 Gonzaga has won at least a share of the regular season title every year except one, and won the conference tournament 15 out of the 19 years.

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Inconvenient truth...  Gonzaga IS in the WCC.  I could ask the same question about the MWC minus its top team each year but that's just silly.  How many times in the last few years has the MWC been anything but a one-team league?  I haven't seen multiple NCAA tournament bids out of this conference for a few years now without a MWC tournament upset.

The difference is the MW is up for grabs almost every year. Only twice has the regular season champ also won the conf tournament. 

It's as safe as a sports bet you'd get if you were to bet Gonzaga as the regular season and conf tourney champ every damn year. With few exceptions, only  an idiot would do that when betting on the MWC. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

32 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The difference is the MW is up for grabs almost every year. Only twice has the regular season champ also won the conf tournament. 

It's as safe as a sports bet you'd get if you were to bet Gonzaga as the regular season and conf tourney champ every damn year. With few exceptions, only  an idiot would do that when betting on the MWC. 

Is it?  I've had SDSU most years since BYU left.  Wyoming won a conf tourney one time.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Is it?  I've had SDSU most years since BYU left.  Wyoming won a conf tourney one time.  

Yeah, but I said both regular & tourney.  Zags are favorites to do that pretty much every year.  SDSU hadn't won the conf tourney since '11.  

You have to admit the WCC is Gonzaga and everyone else, every year.  The only real competition is for 2nd place. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama