Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Gonzaga BB vs. Boise FB Poll

Gonzaga BB vs. Boise FB  

57 members have voted

1. 1. As far as difficulty required to accomplish, who has accomplished more:

• Boise St. Football
    • Gonzaga Basketball

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

Yep. GU is lucky enough to be able to schedule the best in neutral sites and for home and homes, and GU hasn't shied away from scheduling the best for one and dones either. 

That's still not a patch on an Elite 8 bud. I don't think you are really aware of that. Double digit win seasons lol. Might as well compare to Utah 2009 basketball. 

Sour grapes

Yeah, ye of the UCF is better than Boise. They both moved up to FCS the exact same year. Here you go pally:

Boise State Broncos School History

Seasons: 22 (1996 to 2017)

Record (W-L-T): 219-63-0

Conferences: MWC, WAC, Big West

Conf. Championships: 13

Bowl Record: 18 Bowls, 12-6, .647 W-L% (Major Bowls)

Ranked in AP Poll: 8 Times (Preseason), 11 Times (Final), 139 Weeks (Total)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/boise-state/

UCF Knights School History

Record (W-L-T): 146-123-0

Conferences: American, CUSA, MAC, Ind

Conf. Championships: 5

Bowl Record: 9 Bowls, 4-5, .375 W-L% (Major Bowls)

Ranked in AP Poll: 0 Times (Preseason), 3 Times (Final), 20 Weeks (Total)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/

... nothing even needs to be said to show this guy is a complete jabroni.

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, ye of the UCF is better than Boise. They both moved up to FCS the exact same year. Here you go pally:

Boise State Broncos School History

Record (W-L-T): 219-63-0

Conferences: MWC, WAC, Big West

Conf. Championships: 13

Bowl Record: 18 Bowls, 12-6, .647 W-L% (Major Bowls)

Ranked in AP Poll: 8 Times (Preseason), 11 Times (Final), 139 Weeks (Total)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/boise-state/

UCF Knights School History

Record (W-L-T): 146-123-0

Conferences: American, CUSA, MAC, Ind

Conf. Championships: 5

Bowl Record: 9 Bowls, 4-5, .375 W-L% (Major Bowls)

Ranked in AP Poll: 0 Times (Preseason), 3 Times (Final), 20 Weeks (Total)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/

... nothing even needs to be said to show this guy is a complete jabroni.

National champs is notably missing

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Man I haven't seen TBSUF this riled up since someone suggested that the WAC was worse than the MWC.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Man I haven't seen TBSUF this riled up since someone suggested that the WAC was worse than the MWC.

If you remove the BSU fans voting for themselves (lol) it’s a blowout. Like 16-5 Zags. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

8 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

If you remove the BSU fans voting for themselves (lol) it’s a blowout. Like 16-5 Zags. 

Their disrespect meter is still active. Amazing!

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Just needed an idiot to say stupid stuff, I guess.

Stupid stuff like "Maybe a team had more success than Boise State once"? 

Jesus Christ you guys are full of yourselves

Meh, @Joe from WY and @happycamper were also both in agreement that nobody outside of Boise remembers the Fiesta bowl.  Not exactly partial.

Converts point that it is harder to build a football program than a basketball program is right though.  Not really debatable.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Meh, @Joe from WY and @happycamper were also both in agreement that nobody outside of Boise remembers the Fiesta bowl.  Not exactly partial.

Converts point that it is harder to build a football program than a basketball program is right though.  Not really debatable.

You guys make it seem as if everyone, not  just your truck driving fanbase, jerks off nightly to Ian Johnson running the statue of liberty play. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

You guys make it seem as if everyone, not  just your truck driving fanbase, jerks off nightly to Ian Johnson running the statue of liberty play. 

Our top 5 QB recruit mentioned it was a factor in his recruitment.

You act as if it is not considered one of the greatest games of all time.  You are not exactly impartial when it comes to Boise.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What?

Ok... and again, what Gonzaga has done in basketball is more than what Boise State has done in football. This shit ain't 1 to 1. 

Also, your entire argument is more or less "there are more football players!!!"

So... is winning a gold medal in the decathlon much much easier than having a gold medal basketball team?

17 minutes ago, happycamper said:

What?

Ok... and again, what Gonzaga has done in basketball is more than what Boise State has done in football. This shit ain't 1 to 1. 

So... is winning a gold medal in the decathlon much much easier than having a gold medal basketball team?

And you said you did not know how to become "straw man arguments".

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

What?

Ok but what you said that started off this multi thread Boise fan circle jerk/I hate Boise fans so cant think logically fest was this statement by you

"What Gonzaga has accomplished in basketball makes what Boise has done in football look like a joke."

Boise has more top 16 finishes than Gonzaga does sweet 16's

Boise has more top 8 finishes than Gonzaga does elite 8's.

Boise has as many top 5 finishes as Gonzaga does final 4's.

Gonzaga has a title game appearance, Boise does not.

Boise has 11 ranked seasons in that time span.

Football is harder to compete in than Basketball.

Saying what Gonzaga has accomplished in Basketball makes Boise football look like a joke shows your bias, not Boise fans who think that is a bit much.

Gonzaga has a very slight edge in accomplishments, Football is harder to build.  Your little quip about the only argument to support that thinking is that football has more players is funny.  If you fail to see that is a legitimate point, that is on you and displays a level of ignorance I would normally not expect.

9 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I know you can count better than that.

It is 16-11.  If you remove Boise fans.  However there are certainly posters with bias in this that are not Boise fans.  Among the 16 is Collan Bohanon, Lofazz, yourself, Joe (the man who said a Vandal basketball game eclipsed Boise States entire athletic history and the Fiesta Bowl is only remembered in Boise.  Just a TAD biased) and one of our resident Vandal fans.   Not exactly a group that would be considered impartial.

41 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I know you can count better than that.

It is 16-11.  If you remove Boise fans.  However there are certainly posters with bias in this that are not Boise fans.  Among the 16 is Collan Bohanon, Lofazz, yourself, Joe (the man who said a Vandal basketball game eclipsed Boise States entire athletic history and the Fiesta Bowl is only remembered in Boise.  Just a TAD biased) and one of our resident Vandal fans.   Not exactly a group that would be considered impartial.

Holy Persecution Complex. 

you give the "leave Britney alone" kid a run for his money. JTFC. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Holy Persecution Complex. 

you give the "leave Britney alone" kid a run for his money. JTFC. 

You occasionally have some dumb sporting opinions.:shrug:  You are as biased regarding Boise as I am.

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And you said you did not know how to become "straw man arguments".

So how is it any different?

Ok but what you said that started off this multi thread Boise fan circle jerk/I hate Boise fans so cant think logically fest was this statement by you

"What Gonzaga has accomplished in basketball makes what Boise has done in football look like a joke."

Boise has more top 16 finishes than Gonzaga does sweet 16's

I don't really care. A top 16 finish is not a sweet 16 finish. 

Boise has more top 8 finishes than Gonzaga does elite 8's.

Again...

Boise has as many top 5 finishes as Gonzaga does final 4's.

Again...

Gonzaga has a title game appearance, Boise does not.

Boise has 11 ranked seasons in that time span.

Football is harder to compete in than Basketball.

No, it isn't. 

There has been 1 non-power champion in each sport in the last 40 years. 

Saying what Gonzaga has accomplished in Basketball makes Boise football look like a joke shows your bias, not Boise fans who think that is a bit much.

It shows that I know how to get replies.

Do I think that it makes "Boise football look like a joke"? No. Do I think that Boise's football success stacks up to Gonzaga's basketball success? No. Do I think that it is "harder" to achieve as much as Boise has? No. Gonzaga's run of success has been head and shoulders above every non-power team for the last 20 years. Boise State's has not been.

For that matter... about 55% of football is a "power" team. That makes the pool of competitors to Boise's success much smaller. About 75% of basketball is not a "power" team, meaning the pool of teams to compete with Gonzaga's level of success is much higher. The fact that 250 teams haven't been able to accomplish what Gonzaga has vs. about 55 teams not being able to accomplish what Boise State has is telling to me. 

Gonzaga has a very slight edge in accomplishments, Football is harder to build.  Your little quip about the only argument to support that thinking is that football has more players is funny.  If you fail to see that is a legitimate point, that is on you and displays a level of ignorance I would normally not expect.

I think you're putting too much mental effort into "football is harder!!!!!!" without any qualitative or quantitative proof, or to what degree it is or isn't harder. I mean if we want to play the numbers game, Gonzaga had a 1/250 chance of its level of success and BSU had a 1/55 chance. So... Which is harder? Obviously that comparison is of limited value, but I feel like we're just getting in to "blue turf is stupid/greatest thing" territory on this. 

12 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Knitting beanies makes me hard.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

20 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

True, but if you take out all our extremely bitter and jealous conference mates who have had their anal cavities consistently bored out over the years (lol) it's like 23-1 in BSU's favor.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

So how is it any different?

I don't really care. A top 16 finish is not a sweet 16 finish. 

Again...

Again...

No, it isn't. 

There has been 1 non-power champion in each sport in the last 40 years. 

It shows that I know how to get replies.

Do I think that it makes "Boise football look like a joke"? No. Do I think that Boise's football success stacks up to Gonzaga's basketball success? No. Do I think that it is "harder" to achieve as much as Boise has? No. Gonzaga's run of success has been head and shoulders above every non-power team for the last 20 years. Boise State's has not been.

For that matter... about 55% of football is a "power" team. That makes the pool of competitors to Boise's success much smaller. About 75% of basketball is not a "power" team, meaning the pool of teams to compete with Gonzaga's level of success is much higher. The fact that 250 teams haven't been able to accomplish what Gonzaga has vs. about 55 teams not being able to accomplish what Boise State has is telling to me. 

I think you're putting too much mental effort into "football is harder!!!!!!" without any qualitative or quantitative proof, or to what degree it is or isn't harder. I mean if we want to play the numbers game, Gonzaga had a 1/250 chance of its level of success and BSU had a 1/55 chance. So... Which is harder? Obviously that comparison is of limited value, but I feel like we're just getting in to "blue turf is stupid/greatest thing" territory on this. 

You know why there are more D1 basketball programs, right?  Because it is easier to run and maintain a BB program than a football program.  

In order for a G5 to finish in the top 16 they have to be good the entire season.  A sweet 16 could mean you had a solid season, or a got hot in March.  There is no auto bid to a high ranking.  I think you undervalue the final standings in football. 

We are not going to agree.  If you can't see why football is a tougher sport to maintain high level success in there is really no point moving forward with the conversation.