Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Should the MWC adopt the "Gonzaga changes" recently made by the WCC?

Should the MWC adopt the "Gonzaga changes" recently made by the WCC?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the MWC adopt the "Gonzaga changes" recently made by the WCC? (you can choose more than one answer)

• YES -- the high achieving schools should get to keep a higher percentage of their own, earned NCAA tourney credits money (~50%)
    • YES -- the MWC should adopt a 16-game conference schedule (allow for 2 more out of conference games, and 2 less MWC games)
    • YES -- the MWC should adopt a "double bye" conference tourney format (reward success in the regular season)
    • NO -- NCAA tourney credits should be shared and distributed evenly among all MWC schools
    • NO -- keep the conference schedule at 18 games
    • NO -- keep the conference tournament schedule as it currently is---no "double bye" scheduling change

Did you intend to make this poll one where I could select multiple choices?

@#1Stunner

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, mugtang said:

Did you intend to make this poll one where I could select multiple choices?

@#1Stunner

Yes,

Because someone might agree with some of the changes, but not all of the changes.  Like they agree with the change to 16 games, but don't agree with the change to tourney credits.

If there is a better way to format it, please let me know.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Yes,

Because someone might agree with some of the changes, but not all of the changes.

Ok just wanted to make sure.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

The only one I'd be for is an increase in revenue credits to the teams that earn them. Other than that, I like the MWC setup better. The 16 game sched and double-bye are weaksauce.

I think we’re going to end up going to a 20 game conference schedule sooner rather than later. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I think we’re going to end up going to a 20 game conference schedule sooner rather than later. 

I can only see this if the P5 schools refuse to schedule us because they went to a 20 game league schedule. Then I see logic in not playing RPI lowering schools. You're right...probably going to happen.

We have more teams and more parity so 2 and 3 don't make as much sense. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

13 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

Where is the one for BYU fans should not worry what the MWC does ?

Good question.