Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Your First Album

Do you remember the first album you ever bought? It could be in any format (LP, 8-track, cassette, download, etc.)

Mine was the WOVOKA LP by Redbone in 1973. It featured the hit single "Come And Get Your Love". I was 10 years old and used the birthday $ from my Grandma to buy it. 

Wovoka_%28album%29_cover.jpg

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

9439C50A-1770-4018-B2CC-BD2D94CAB261.jpeg

God that album is amazing. Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main Street were as good as anything anybody ever put out. 

I was lucky in that my dad already had a shitload of albums as it was. I can remember the day I bought my first ones though. I bought 3 (EDIT). At Rasputin Records in downtown SF. (RIP).  

Misfits_-_Earth_A.D._cover.jpg

220px-In_Utero_(Nirvana)_album_cover.jpg

Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My first album was given to me.  The Kinks "phobia".  Still one of my favorite albums of all time.

First album I ever purchased with my own money was some Backstreet Boys shit I can't remember the name of.

giphy.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

God that album is amazing. Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main Street were as good as anything anybody ever put out. 

Mick Taylor on lead guitar. Keith Richards was a great rhythm guitar player and Brian Jones gets a nostalgia vote, but Taylor was the difference on their best albums IMO. Get Yer Ya Yas Out is the best live album ever. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

220px-Weezer_-_Blue_Album.png

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

33 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Wore out several copies of Sticky Fingers; IMO definitely one of the top five albums of all time.

Now my teenage daughter is trying to wear out my CD. She and her friends also love Led Zeppelin.

Sounds like you did something right as a parent.

4 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Mick Taylor on lead guitar. Keith Richards was a great rhythm guitar player and Brian Jones gets a nostalgia vote, but Taylor was the difference on their best albums IMO. Get Yer Ya Yas Out is the best live album ever. 

Truth...

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Wore out several copies of Sticky Fingers; IMO definitely one of the top five albums of all time.

Now my teenage daughter is trying to wear out my CD. She and her friends also love Led Zeppelin.

My 18 year old daughter and her friends love Zeppelin, but like most girls went for the Beatles over the Stones. Chicks man...