Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncomare

Gonzaga

Nah.  They essentially forced the WCC to give them a sweetheart deal.  Absent of that, they would have come. 

I don't hold it against them and would guess the door is always open for them to join us. 

They may be here at some point anyway; that conference doesn't have the upside that we do, and they know it. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Gonzaga played the MWC for fools, and turned the WCC into their very own whore concubines… And are now laughing all the way to the bank! That is all.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

13 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Gonzaga played the MWC for fools, and turned the WCC into their very own whore concubines… And are now laughing all the way to the bank! That is all.

So you're saying they pulled a "Boise"?

23 minutes ago, crimsoncuda said:

Your team is in here because of them so... pick your poison if you wish, but "BSU being here" is a good thing for the MWC. Some folks here think its been a one way street, but the truth is we've used each other. Some teams in the MWC (including my Lobos), would not even have a sniff of national exposure if it weren't for BSU being in the MWC.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Nah.  They essentially forced the WCC to give them a sweetheart deal.  Absent of that, they would have come. 

I don't hold it against them and would guess the door is always open for them to join us. 

They may be here at some point anyway; that conference doesn't have the upside that we do, and they know it. 

Really polite way of saying that Gonzaga used us and we all fell for it hook, line, sinker.

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

14 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Your team is in here because of them so... pick your poison if you wish, but "BSU being here" is a good thing for the MWC. Some folks here think its been a one way street, but the truth is we've used each other. Some teams in the MWC (including my Lobos), would not even have a sniff of national exposure if it weren't for BSU being in the MWC.

BSU being here in the MWC is a good thing all the way around.  The mistake was in making the concessions to Boise unlimited in time.  All agreements should have an expiration date.

I think Gonzaga was fully expecting to come to the MW, but once the MW would not give them the sweetheart deal the WCC did they felt it was best to stay... for  now.  I think they will eventually come to the MW.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, crimsoncuda said:

:rimshot1:

On 5/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, SpartaRick said:

BSU being here in the MWC is a good thing all the way around.  The mistake was in making the concessions to Boise unlimited in time.  All agreements should have an expiration date.

Boise wouldn't have come back without it. Easy to say in hindsight what they should have done, but they had no leverage and had they tried to do that, Boise and SDSU would still be in the American. 

On 5/12/2018 at 10:05 AM, SpartaRick said:

It ends with the current TV contract

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

On 5/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, LoboMan59 said:

There is no way to spin it.

It ACTUALLY IS A 1-WAY STREET.

The MWC paid a kings ransom for a Chris Peterson-less Boise.

In every sense of the imagination, its been a disaster.

The MWC - as a whole - have proceeded to lose to Sunbelt teams OOC since, and got very little return on such a lopsided investment.

Bryant_Award_Football_.jpg

52f2fbfb644fcfa08812e838cf91fa50ddf603ff

If the MWC bent over for a Boise sans Peterson...

Its INEXCUSABLE to ALL OF A SUDDEN draw a line consessions to Gonzaga.

Gonzaga wouldve gotten a bloated Olympic share. So what... its Olympic money.

The real point is, Gonzaga would have potentially put the MWC in position to be considered a "High Major" in basketball. Boise didn't come close to offering a PARADIGM SHIFT in football.

In Gonzaga's case, Thompson shouldve done whatever it took to bring them in and change the discussion surrounding the MWC as a mid major league.

Just that label cripples recruiting.

It was a fatal misjudgment.

Thompson couldve made the MWC the perceived Big Dog of Western basketball. He's an idiot for not closing that deal.

Going into TV discussions, the Gonzaga debocle  hurts

52f2fbfb644fcfa08812e838cf91fa50ddf603ff

2 minutes ago, SpartaRick said:

I had heard that the agreement had no ending in time.  If you are right, that is reassuring.

He is wrong. The deal will end if and when espn no longer wants the rights to bsu home games.  At that point everyone loses money. Stunner likes to rile everyone up and never points out that every team in this conference earns more money from tv than they ever have because bsu came back. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."