Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Jordan Brown to Nevada

8 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I haven't been upidy about getting Jordan Brown. I'm sure you have at least one example to show me, right? Lawlor was jokingly being upidy and I may have done something similar, but I don't hype Nevada sports these days. I did quote what ESPN said about being top 5 on paper if everyone comes back which I think is possible, but Chris Murray's quote that I mentioned about Nevada's 2nd team being able to win the MW, now that is just ridiculous. 

It was TIC. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 5/12/2018 at 4:17 PM, mugtang said:

Serious question, who has been uppity about this (except Convert)?  Should we not be excited about landing JB?  And I’ll put money on you not boat racing us next year.  

You guys are already hanging banners and declaring your roster next year as a GOAT.

Don't get me wrong, it's cute - I remember when we were making our Final Four reservations in May too. 

And how much coin are we putting on the series next year? Not sure how you bet on a boat race (unless it's an actual boat race), but I'd entertain the notion of a 'best of 3' bet If - *if* - McD comes back. Similarly, I'd advise knowing how many Martins are on that returning squad.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You guys are already hanging banners and declaring your roster next year as a GOAT.

Don't get me wrong, it's cute - I remember when we were making our Final Four reservations in May too. 

And how much coin are we putting on the series next year? Not sure how you bet on a boat race (unless it's an actual boat race), but I'd entertain the notion of a 'best of 3' bet If - *if* - McD comes back. Similarly, I'd advise knowing how many Martins are on that returning squad.

We can wait until next month to decide whether we want to bet or not as that’s when we will know the rosters.  As for GOAT status.  Next years team will be our best (on paper) team we’ve ever had.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nevada has 4 players who have yet to determine their status for next season.  While it is unlikely, it is possible that the Pack will have 5 new starters next season.  It is just impossible to say how the upcoming season will go without knowing the make up of the roster..

53 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Taking up room from another SJSU/FSU or NV/Vegas pissing match! That in itself makes it main board worthy. 

Mugs servers have to plenty of room for all. 

Now, stop using Vegas tax money, you leeches. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 5/12/2018 at 1:47 AM, kingpotato said:

I can't fathom that UNR will keep Muss, but if they can, they could be another Gonzaga... and possibly even even the Boise State of basketball. 

What Gonzaga has accomplished in basketball makes what Boise has done in football look like a joke. 

On 5/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, mugtang said:

Serious question, who has been uppity about this (except Convert)?  Should we not be excited about landing JB?  And I’ll put money on you not boat racing us next year.  

tehlawlorfaithful

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Headline a year from now: Jordan Brown becomes the third Nevada player since the spring of 2017 to transfer to UC Santa Barbara.

Right, Mug? :D

18 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Headline a year from now: Jordan Brown becomes the third Nevada player since the spring of 2017 to transfer to UC Santa Barbara.

Sure..... :P 

43 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Only because he can’t crack the top 8 in the rotation. 👍

22 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Only because he can’t crack the top 8 in the rotation. 👍

It was a little TIC.  Leland King put up nice numbers at Brown and was a gem for us.  He wouldn't have seen the court last year in Reno with the twins and Caroline.

I know a couple Pack fans said don't get your hopes up on Devearl Ramsey, but he was still a 4* top 150 Rivals recruit.  A fresh start might get him going. We'll find out soon enough.

I think ramsey will be really good for you next year..Nobody, including Muss gave up on him..He knew there wasn't going to be much playing time for the Pack..He is a really talented player, though..You will love him..

That's a scary thought spuds, for the rest of the MW.  A talented player like Ramsey who left because he wouldn't find the floor at Nevada.   Muss is raising the bar.

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

Oh OK. Is their a tongue in cheek emoticon? I don't think I've ever seen one. 

maybe this :P....

55 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

It was a little TIC.  Leland King put up nice numbers at Brown and was a gem for us.  He wouldn't have seen the court last year in Reno with the twins and Caroline.

I know a couple Pack fans said don't get your hopes up on Devearl Ramsey, but he was still a 4* top 150 Rivals recruit.  A fresh start might get him going. We'll find out soon enough.

Don't know who said that but I think Ramsey will have a solid career at SB.