Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Jordan Brown to Nevada

Firstly, congrats Pack fans, that is one hell of a recruiting score. 

Secondly, I bet that grad transfer kid from ODU that recently committed isn't real happy right now...I am now even more curious how the math is going to work out with the 13 scholarship limit. How many scholarships are you oversigned on now if everyone with eligibility returns? I'm thinking, at minimum, both twins aren't returning for Musselman to still be signing guys.

Just now, KingBronco said:

Secondly, I bet that grad transfer kid from ODU that recently committed isn't real happy right now...I am now even more curious how the math is going to work out with the 13 scholarship limit. How many scholarships are you oversigned on now if everyone with eligibility returns? I'm thinking, at minimum, both twins aren't returning for Musselman to still be signing guys.

Why would he not be happy? Nevada went after Porter in hopes of him committing would make it easier to land Brown. Brown Wants play PF and Porter is a Center. They will both be starting.

32 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

This is good for the MWC - Need some teams to get their programs going ( looking at you UNLV ) 

Congrats to UNR & the BB program for landing this caliber of recruit !!! 

We are getting the program going.  Menzies is taking a long-term approach.

58 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Trey Porter will play the 5 and Brown the 4..I don't think he is unhappy at all...

Currently sitting at 15 scholarships...

If the Martins return there will be guys transferring out..

When the Martins signed with Nevada they had 16 guys on scholarship. 

We won't know how the roster will finally fall out until May 30th..

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Porter still fits in perfectly since Brown prefers to play the 4 anyway. But yeah we are two over at the moment but I don't think it's going to prevent the Martins from returning. Last year when they committed I think we went two over actually. Kaleb Rodriguez went on the transfer and something else. But it's something that will be sorted out one way or the other.

Not saying they're necessarily returning either, I just don't think the schollies would be an issue for them to do so is all.

8k3esKz.png

14 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Nevada-Reno transcends the MW. 

Just waiting on the inevitable ACC invite obv

8k3esKz.png

1 hour ago, cardrater said:

Why would he not be happy? Nevada went after Porter in hopes of him committing would make it easier to land Brown. Brown Wants play PF and Porter is a Center. They will both be starting.

So who do you guys anticipate will start next year if everyone returns? In the above scenario at least one of last year's starters in now coming off the bench. Even if Porter does start, Brown will almost certainly end up taking both minutes and scoring opportunities away. If Porter is absolutely altruistic and team-oriented maybe he is good with this but the fact that he grad transferred away from his former teammates at ODU tells me that is probably not the case.

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Haven't you guys been taking the long term approach since '92? 

He has to make up some paltry excuse for being wrong time and time again. Definitely can't expect someone to come in and win consistently right off the bat.

Oh wait... Muss did just that. 

12 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

So who do you guys anticipate will start next year if everyone returns? In the above scenario at least one of last year's starters in now coming off the bench. Even if Porter does start, Brown will almost certainly end up taking both minutes and scoring opportunities away. If Porter is absolutely altruistic and team-oriented maybe he is good with this but the fact that he grad transferred away from his former teammates at ODU tells me that is probably not the case.

I'm sure he will get over it if they make the Elite 8.

12 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Chris Murray from the RGJ has the most probable line up scenario for next year. Last year Drew started for most of the season until he got hurt then Cody started after that.    https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2018/04/26/nevada-basketballs-depth-chart-2018-19-season-pretty-bonkers/553493002/

5 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

So..is it basically your argument that Muss should not have added Brown?

You are asking questions that can't be answered yet.  We do not know who all will be on the roster yet and won't know for a couple of weeks or so.  We do not know if Drew will be healthy enough to start the season or if he will redshirt.

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

So..is it basically your argument that Muss should not have added Brown?

You are asking questions that can't be answered yet.  We do not know who all will be on the roster yet and won't know for a couple of weeks or so.  We do not know if Drew will be healthy enough to start the season or if he will redshirt.

Exactly. I love the evolution of the Muss threads. From Muss will leave, to Muss is only recruiting transfers and can’t build a program, to Muss doesn’t recruit a bench, to Muss recruits too many good players... seriously? Too many really good players? 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Exactly. I love the evolution of the Muss threads. From Muss will leave, to Muss is only recruiting transfers and can’t build a program, to Muss doesn’t recruit a bench, to Muss recruits too many good players... seriously? Too many really good players? 

I am too because it’s boring to read the same thing.  Also, it makes it that much sweeter when UNLV beats UNR.  People will sleep on us, but we have a better roster next year.  We have more size and versatility on the perimeter.  Our front court will be good as well, and Juiston should be a 1st teamer.