Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Wyo joins the small group of G5 conf schools

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Has any G5 ever had a first round NFL and NBA draft picks in the same year or will Boise be the first if Hutch goes in the first round?

While not technically G5 because the term didn't exist, Utah had #1 picks the same year before they were promoted. 

3 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

While not technically G5 because the term didn't exist, Utah had #1 picks the same year before they were promoted. 

It was in 2005 when Alex Smith and Andrew Bogut were the #1 overall picks in NFL and NBA respectively, Utah didn't join the Pac until 2011.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

7 hours ago, pokebball said:

Oh, and we've got all time record versus San Diego State in both football and men's basketball

Rreally? In the "G5" era?:hahaha:

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Mano said:

It was in 2005 when Alex Smith and Andrew Bogut were the #1 overall picks in NFL and NBA respectively, Utah didn't join the Pac until 2011.

Yeah I meant that the Utes did it before promotion to the P5 status while they were still in the MW before the G5/P5 split but after re-reading what I typed I see how you interpreted it as the year immediately preceding the move. 

9 hours ago, pokebball said:

Honestly, to exclude CSU & BYU

I was going to say you have my vote for the derby, but this is beyond mere mortal trolling.  It's an entirely different level. :thumbsup:

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Has any G5 ever had a first round NFL and NBA draft picks in the same year or will Boise be the first if Hutch goes in the first round?

2005 - Utah's Alex Smith and Andrew Bogut were both selected first overall.

19 hours ago, renoskier said:

What?

Nevada has had 3 first round NFL picks (they had 2 in 1984) and 3 1st round NBA picks.

SDSU also belongs on that list.

As does UNM...in the NFL Brian Urlacher and Robin Cole, in the NBA Tony Snell, Luc Longley and Kenny Thomas amongst others.

Honestly speaking I do not think that group is nearly as small as the thread starter seems to believe.

1 hour ago, Hador said:

As does UNM...in the NFL Brian Urlacher and Robin Cole, in the NBA Tony Snell, Luc Longley and Kenny Thomas amongst others.

Honestly speaking I do not think that group is nearly as small as the thread starter seems to believe.

oh but it is:ph34r:

On 5/10/2018 at 1:48 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That also has THREE Fiesta Bowl trophies!!!  Then yes, it will be Boise State.  :D

down in a hole.jpg

18 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I was going to say you have my vote for the derby, but this is beyond mere mortal trolling.  It's an entirely different level. :thumbsup:

Really, this is what you think passes for trolling these days? Wyo arbitrarily applying criteria to such a limited extent that only they and maybe a few others qualify?  This is just standard operating procedure for Wyo. 

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Really, this is what you think passes for trolling these days? Wyo arbitrarily applying criteria to such a limited extent that only they and maybe a few others qualify?  This is just standard operating procedure for Wyo. 

I thought it was funny.  And it obviously triggered you. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

I thought it was funny.  And it obviously triggered you. 

First, "trolling" and now "triggered".  You and I have different definitions of what these things are.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

First, "trolling" and now "triggered".  You and I have different definitions of what these things are.

You seem like a guy who enjoyed fort fun's "it's been x,xxx days since Wyoming has won a major sport conference championship" and then got butthurt at CJ's version of it

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 5/11/2018 at 10:10 PM, happycamper said:

You seem like a guy who enjoyed fort fun's "it's been x,xxx days since Wyoming has won a major sport conference championship" and then got butthurt at CJ's version of it

Actually, I'm a guy who doesn't know what you're talking about.  

On 5/10/2018 at 2:57 PM, pokebball said:

Oh, and we've got all time record versus San Diego State in both football and men's basketball

And I should stand corrected because Penny did put SDSU in this elite group too.  So where's that leave us?

SDSU, FSU and Wyo!

Come on BSU, I'm rooting for you!

@SDSUfan

21E37509-D427-4C64-BC63-4957E122AC64.thumb.jpeg.35b6e25a7d3e65ca476c913509dc4c2e.jpeg

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG