Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Navy signs own deal with CBSSN for 10 years.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:33 PM, MWC Tex said:

Uhh...I think they may be because this deal is not just for football, but basketball, baseball and lacrosse which they play in the Patriot League for those sports.   

Who knows? They may share some of it...they sure aren't sharing their half of the Army-Navy game. 

It could a setup like Hawaii has where they keep their PPV and not part of the MW TV deal unless certain thresholds are met. 

Don't humor the trolls. His assertion that Boise rescinded its invitation from the Pea6 because Navy dictated it is absolute horseshit.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:02 PM, fanhood said:

you guys should check out the AAC Board. In six pages they have done a 180 and have convinced themselves that Navy getting their own deal, with Fresco saying they will extend with ESPN is now a good thing. It is unreal.

I wasn't going to read that entire thread but scanning it suggests the most concern has been expressed by Houston fans and it's understandable since Houston is basically the AAC's equivalent of SDSU. Work your arse off to have quality programs in both football and basketball which enhances the quality of their conference overall while being located in one of the two largest of the conference's markets yet persistently get virtually the same TV money as the downtrodden. It's a protocol which if perpetuated is unsustainable.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I always contended that the MWC's decision to give Boise the Sweetheart Deal was short-sighted because it killed the bottom of the conference...

...and, Boise lost Coach Pete and has never been the same...

Comparing them to Navy is a bad comparative fit. They are more like Marshall (competitively and institutionally).

The AAC was never going to accept that kind of deal from a school of that caliber. The MWC of old (TCU, BYU, Utah) would not have either.

It took a new MWC to unfurl the red carpet to their bank vault.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:57 PM, edluvar said:

Boise State needs more money

52f2fbfb644fcfa08812e838cf91fa50ddf603ff

4 hours ago, CullenBohanon said:

I always contended that the MWC's decision to give Boise the Sweetheart Deal was short-sighted because it killed the bottom of the conference...

...and, Boise lost Coach Pete and has never been the same...

Comparing them to Navy is a bad comparative fit. They are more like Marshall (competitively and institutionally).

The AAC was never going to accept that kind of deal from a school of that caliber. The MWC of old (TCU, BYU, Utah) would not have either.

It took a new MWC to unfurl the red carpet to their bank vault.

BSU has done just fine since Pete left.  Certainly better than Navy.  I just find it ironic their d-bag AD Chuck had to open his yap about how bad special deals are before taking one for his team.  

Posted Image