Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Orlando Sentinel Countdown

With a change in staffs at ASU, it's understandable White opted to transfer. However, why Memphis? I live only half an hour from Hart HS and used to follow their team pretty closely since a friend's son played there. That was a decade ago so maybe they've changed offenses but for many years Hart avoided the spread so it was surprising that White chose to play for Todd Graham. Don't you guys operate mainly out of the spread too?

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

With a change in staffs at ASU, it's understandable White opted to transfer. However, why Memphis? I live only half an hour from Hart HS and used to follow their team pretty closely since a friend's son played there. That was a decade ago so maybe they've changed offenses but for many years Hart avoided the spread so it was surprising that White chose to play for Todd Graham. Don't you guys operate mainly out of the spread too?

Norvell was Assoc HC at ASU and recruited White to play there...they had a good long standing relationship so when he went back on the market Norvell jumped on him quick.

Memphis also has a stable of running backs...

https://247sports.com/Player/Patrick-Taylor-80700/high-school-139843

https://247sports.com/Player/Darrell-Henderson-23929/high-school-38404

https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Pollard-53560/high-school-91676

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 5/7/2018 at 6:23 AM, retrofade said:

They just posted #90 for 2018 (Rutgers).

In 2018, 5 MWC teams are ranked by the Orlando Sentinel below #90 vs the 7 who were below #90 in 2017.

We'll see how the middle of the league is ranked over the next two weeks.

Utah State checked in yesterday at #84.

Utah State is an interesting football team, both consistently good and consistently frustrating for its fans.

The Aggies are competitive and generally in the mix to regularly earn bowl bids, but they also regularly lose close games that would have helped them contend for Mountain West Conference titles.

The MW and AAC will flip places this year, as the MW has favorable OOC schedules against the P5, and has good teams at 3 to 6. Not saying this will sustain itself, but the MW will be better in 2018.

6 hours ago, fanhood said:

The MW and AAC will flip places this year, as the MW has favorable OOC schedules against the P5, and has good teams at 3 to 6. Not saying this will sustain itself, but the MW will be better in 2018.

So far the Orlando Sentinel rankings have the two leagues like this.

MWC

124. SJSU

116. Hawai’i

113. Nevada

110. UNM

#101 Colorado State 

#84 Utah State

AAC

119. ECU

114. Tulane

111. Tulsa

100. UConn

Dang, Nevada is what I would consider shockingly low rated. Not sure how anyone could rate them that lowly with what they have returning and all the terrible teams in the Sun Belt, MAC and CUSA. CSU seems to be way underrated too--I would put them at least 15 places higher. I think the Sentinel is pretty accurate with everyone else so far though.

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Dang, Nevada is what I would consider shockingly low rated. Not sure how anyone could rate them that lowly with what they have returning and all the terrible teams in the Sun Belt, MAC and CUSA. CSU seems to be way underrated too--I would put them at least 15 places higher. I think the Sentinel is pretty accurate with everyone else so far though.

UNR hasn't done shit since 2010 and their biggest rival is rubbing their faces in it.

2cd9655.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

So far the Orlando Sentinel rankings have the two leagues like this.

MWC

124. SJSU

116. Hawai’i

113. Nevada

110. UNM

#101 Colorado State 

#84 Utah State

AAC

119. ECU

114. Tulane

111. Tulsa

100. UConn

83. SMU

The AAC's SMU was ranked #83 yesterday.

With the exception of the MWC having an extra team at the bottom, so far the two leagues are being ranked fairly close together (in most cases teams are only 1 spot apart).

We'll see how they rank the top halves in the next few weeks.

11 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

The AAC's SMU was ranked #83 yesterday.

With the exception of the MWC having an extra team at the bottom, so far the two leagues are being ranked fairly close together (in most cases teams are only 1 spot apart).

We'll see how they rank the top halves in the next few weeks.

Yeah, you would think BSU, SDSU and Fresno will be placed in similar spots to UCF, Memphis and USF but it will be interesting to see how it actually shakes out. I'm guessing we are going to see a bunch more MWC teams appear between now and the mid 60's, then have a long wait for the above mentioned teams.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

That’s gotta hurt, huh? :D

Hurt what? Nevada will beat Vegas as it always does. By the end of the game there will be 8k Nevada fans cheering and a bunch of Rebel fans dressed as chairs.

40 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Hurt what? Nevada will beat Vegas as it always does. By the end of the game there will be 8k Nevada fans cheering and a bunch of Rebel fans dressed as chairs.

I love dress like a seat night at Sam Boyd Stadium 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, Pokez said:

Give me Air Force at  #78, Wyoming at #75, Fresno St at #68, San Diego St at #60 and Boise St at #28

Fresno should be in the 40s.