Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Orlando Sentinel Countdown

On 6/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

if i had to guess....Wyo #70, Fresno #51, #SDSU #32 and BSU #23.

Obv i think fresno will finish higher, but most of the preseason prognostications have been just flat out inaccurate at times about returning starters (word is another one-time starter got a medical waiver for one last year in the last couple weeks), incoming players, and who's in line for the few open spots, so that's about where i expect the countdown to land.

No chance SDSU is 32.  We'll be fortunate to be 9-3 and I see 8-4.

10 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Stanford, ASU, Boise, and Fresno.  Possibly win one of those games and then blow one somewhere else.

I’m more at 2/3 than 3/4. Have a feeling asu will suck, Stanford will be toughest with Boise and Fresno as toss ups.

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Stanford, ASU, Boise, and Fresno.  Possibly win one of those games and then blow one somewhere else.

At least one opponent with inferior talent always beats us; it's in Rocky's DNA. This year I think that will only happen once and maybe I'm crazy but I'll predict we go to Albuquerque flat as a board because their record will be awful and we'll lose that one. Stanford is almost a certain loss this year and I think we're likely to split against Boise and Fresno. If I have my druthers, we lose at Boise so don't hurt their NY6 chances but then beat Fresno and win the MW West then lose again at Boise in the conference title game to finish 9-4 going into the bowl season. If Boise goes to the NY6, we would presumably go to the LV Bowl, play a Pac team and therefore be highly motivated and win. If, however, we play a rather lowly G5, Rocky will once again treat the game as little more than a vacation and we'll lose.

So there you have it. No need to even play the season.:)

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

nah i think you guys will come away with ASU.  

I worry about ASU even though it is a home game. Wilkins is back for his third year starting, they bring in two very good OL grad transfers, and have probably the best WR in the PAC.  On defense their DC is our former DC who coached for us for the past nine years.  He knows the offense and players intimately well.  Also because he is running the same defense as us, their offense will see it a lot in practice and be ready for it.  This is important because Rocky’s scheme is to shock the opposing OL with lots of pressure and stunts/twists.  Most OL have a hard time preparing for that in just a couple of days practice the week leading up to the game. 

20 hours ago, Fowl said:

I don't see us losing to ASU. It is at Home, and we will run all over them, just like we did last year. The game was not as close as the score indicated. I also do not see us going 0-4 to Fresno and Boise over a two year stretch. This program is beyond that. I am predicting 9-3, but I think 10-2 or 11-1 is very possible. 

11 hours ago, Fowl said:

I worry about ASU even though it is a home game. Wilkins is back for his third year starting, they bring in two very good OL grad transfers, and have probably the best WR in the PAC.  On defense their DC is our former DC who coached for us for the past nine years.  He knows the offense and players intimately well.  Also because he is running the same defense as us, their offense will see it a lot in practice and be ready for it.  This is important because Rocky’s scheme is to shock the opposing OL with lots of pressure and stunts/twists.  Most OL have a hard time preparing for that in just a couple of days practice the week leading up to the game. 

this is just more proof that grubb is the best OL coach FS has had in a long time imo

12 hours ago, Fowl said:

Good points with two exceptions. One, unless Wilkins can get out of the pocket, he has no game and we won't let him get out of the pocket. Two, Danny Gonzales was our DC in name only.

Boom goes the dynamite.

BYU at #59.

How quickly things turned at BYU.

The Cougars followed up a successful nine-win season in 2016 — the first under new coach Kalani Sitake — with one of the program’s worst seasons since the early 1970s.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-college-football-rankings-byu-0629-story.html

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, Fowl said:

3-3-5 takes 2-3 years for the defenders to understand and execute. AssU does not concern me anymore than Air Force or New Mexico. SGF is correct, we Shzzzt in our soup at least 1x/year (see FresTuckie last year) in a game or 2 that we have absolutely no business in losing. I expect two this year just like last (FresHole & Army). 8-4

13 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

3-3-5 takes 2-3 years for the defenders to understand and execute. AssU does not concern me anymore than Air Force or New Mexico. SGF is correct, we Shzzzt in our soup at least 1x/year (see FresTuckie last year) in a game or 2 that we have absolutely no business in losing. I expect two this year just like last (FresHole & Army). 8-4

Lol, someone can’t come to grips that Fresno State is just better than SUDS. 

Let it go man.