Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Anybody here believe in astrology?

There's something to it but it's not mysticism. Your birthday determines your maturity level when you enter school - September babies, for example, are ahead of the developmental curve in kindergarten, while summer babies start out behind - and in many cases, it determines your experience and then shapes your personality.

In Outliers by Malcom Gladwell, he points out that children born in the summer (May-August) have an 11% lower college-acceptance rate. Also, in Canada, professional hockey players are disproportionately born in January because that's the cutoff for the junior leagues. The january kids come in more developed and advance faster and get better coaching. 

Its not the stars, but your birthday can affect your future.

I don't believe in Astrology. But I read that Nancy Reagan made Presidential decisions for her husband using it in Ronald's final year of office because he had dementia.

I follow it closely, and have found personality “dictates” to be hit-and-miss.  The daily horoscopes?  Verifiably statistically worthless.  Like, a 1-in-12 reliability.

OT: I know someone who is almost frighteningly accurate at Tarot.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

I believe in milankovich cycles

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.