Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

USU vs. Alabama

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Why can't Boise get these type of games???  Oh, right, we could actually beat them! They only want body bag teams....

down in a hole.jpg

24 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Why can't Boise get these type of games???  Oh, right, we could actually beat them! They only want body bag teams....

USU nearly beat Auburn in 2011.  Auburn scored 14 points in the final minutes to win 42-38.  If USU recovers an onside kick at the end, it's game over.

13 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

USU nearly beat Auburn in 2011.  Auburn scored 14 points in the final minutes to win 42-38.  If USU recovers an onside kick at the end, it's game over.

USU had Wisconsin beat as well at Camp Randall the following year too but allowed a late punt return to lose the lead. The Aggies then missed the game winning FG from 37 yards with 6 sec. left and lost 14-16. The season after that we lost 14-17 @ USC. We also had games at Oklahoma and at Texas A&M that weren't decided until the final possession. We've come close so many times, it would sure be nice to pull one of these road "money games" off for once.

Who knows what Alabama will look like in 4 years but if it's anything like they are right now I'm not feeling too confident that this will be the one where we finally get the "W".

G5 schools have to pay the bills and the SEC pays top dollar.  Plus it's cool to watch your team if you ever have the chance to play in front of 80-100k people.  Alabama capacity is 101,821,  so basically 3 or 4 MWC average stadiums.

19 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

USU had Wisconsin beat as well at Camp Randall the following year too but allowed a late punt return to lose the lead. The Aggies then missed the game winning FG from 37 yards with 6 sec. left and lost 14-16. The season after that we lost 14-17 @ USC. We also had games at Oklahoma and at Texas A&M that weren't decided until the final possession. We've come close so many times, it would sure be nice to pull one of these road "money games" off for once.

Who knows what Alabama will look like in 4 years but if it's anything like they are right now I'm not feeling too confident that this will be the one where we finally get the "W".

Wells doesn't have a good track record in these games like GA did. I can't decide if it's worse to almost win (taking a symbolic kick in the balls) or get annihilated like we have been lately. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Well, the SEC has only won 10 national championships since BCS started in 2003, with Alabama taking 5 of them all by themselves.  I can see how you feel that way.  

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think by "actually beat them" she meant keep it within 14.  I think the Boise teams of 2009-2011 could would have had a punchers chance though.

Yes, and I am dubious about keeping the score within 14 points.  There are only 4-5 teams that can win on a really good day in Tuscaloosa and the current version BSU ain't one of them.  There is no shame in that fact.  Good for the Aggies in more than making up any deficit in TV earnings.  Who knows, maybe the entire Tide team gets sick and USU stuns the world.  A poor BSU BB team beat the Zags that way on one occasion.

12 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Awesome road trip and four years to plan for it. Any Aggie fan who doesn't make the trip to Tuscaloosa should be banished.

Does this mean you're going to the AFA game on Turkey day?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

That was beyond a total collapse of USU. I watched that whole game and couldn't believe it. 

kat.jpg

If Nick Saban is still coaching in 2022, Alabama wins by 35. I think Bryant-Denny Stadium is the toughest place for visiting teams to play in college football. Good luck Aggie$.

cb1c39c6117e7e835f6ea2553ab0c0da.jpg

19 hours ago, pokebball said:

Does this mean you're going to the AFA game on Turkey day?

Nah, they play in the Springs every other year. This Thanksgiving I'm going to feast and watch CSU football. Can't wait!

10 hours ago, crixus said:

If Nick Saban is still coaching in 2022, Alabama wins by 35. I think Bryant-Denny Stadium is the toughest place for visiting teams to play in college football. Good luck Aggie$.

cb1c39c6117e7e835f6ea2553ab0c0da.jpg

Not really for random OOC games. Sure, the team is next to impossible to beat, but their fans don't really ramp it up until SEC play starts.