Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Three MWC players get drafted in the first round....

On 4/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Josh Allen grew up in Firebaugh, went to college in Laramie, and will now begin his career in Buffalo. He might go his whole life without ever seeing a building taller than 2 stories.

Not everyone wants to live in a total shithole like you.  Yet Buffalo has a lot of buildings higher than 20 stories so you just proved yourself stupid twice.

5 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

I guess you've never been to Buffalo, or know anything about it? The tallest building there is over 40 stories. Metro population is over 1.2 million, 2nd biggest city in New York. Firebaugh and Laramie's combined population is less than 50,000.

23 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Not everyone wants to live in a total shithole like you.  Yet Buffalo has a lot of buildings higher than 20 stories so you just proved yourself stupid twice.

Buffalo: at least it's not Green Bay

On 4/26/2018 at 10:05 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Umm, no.  Rashaad Penny is not Donnel Pumphrey.

Thank you.

They are too very different backs. None of us on the SDSU boards thought Pumphrey could ever been a starting RB in the NFL. He's just way too small yet Philly's OC Frank Reich tried to make him into just that last year. I remain convinced that if Philly cuts Pump and he's picked up by a team like the Patriots that knows how to properly utilize Smurf receivers that DJ will become a valuable NFL player.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:10 AM, retrofade said:

You have to love how absolutely shitty DeRuyter was as our head coach... he had both Allen and Penny wanting to come to Fresno, and he told them both no. Now they're first round draft picks. It worked out best for the two of them to go elsewhere though, that's for damn sure. 

Huh? https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Rashaad-Penny-26428/RecruitInterests

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Fresno offered Penny a scholarship but he went to SDSU. THAT huh.

I must be missing your point here. I said that Penny was ready to commit here, and DeRuyter said no. The fact that he went to SDSU doesn't change that. 

30 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I must be missing your point here. I said that Penny was ready to commit here, and DeRuyter said no. The fact that he went to SDSU doesn't change that. 

Link?

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

Interesting.  Clearly he had an eye for talent passing on both Penny and Josh Allen.  Penny is the best back I've personally ever seen in the MWC (I note in the MWC).

19 hours ago, retrofade said:

According to this, Penny picked SDSU because Muema lost his mind and joined a cult. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sdut-aztecs-commitment-rashaad-penny-football-2014jan31-story,amp.html

I’m not going to cry over 69-yard Penny anyways.  Now Josh Allen, that one does hurt  

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

According to this, Penny picked SDSU because Muema lost his mind and joined a cult. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sdut-aztecs-commitment-rashaad-penny-football-2014jan31-story,amp.html

I’m not going to cry over 69-yard Penny anyways.  Now Josh Allen, that one hurts  

DeRuyter and Schramm would have destroyed Allen anyway, so it's probably best for him that he went the JC route, and then on to Wyoming. 

46 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Speaking of Muema, I just looked him up for the first time in a long time. 

He thinks the world is going to end soon, and is following a guy who claims to be reincarnated Jesus, Lord Rayel.

This shit is so sad.  You can tell he is a good person with no malicious intent but it was clear leading up to the draft he was not mentally well.

22 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Link?

No link, I believe i'm his original source on that - don't recall anyone ever mentioning it besides me. Ron Antoine was Penny's recruiter, had him ready to commit and Deruyter overruled him, said a Texas kid they were expecting to get was better, though for the life of me i can't remember who.   And yes, they were recruiting him as a safety.

That 2014 class was such a legendary flame-out.   They signed 23 high school recruits and i think maybe 6 of them were still on the team this past year. 

5 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

No link, I believe i'm his original source on that - don't recall anyone ever mentioning it besides me. Ron Antoine was Penny's recruiter, had him ready to commit and Deruyter overruled him, said a Texas kid they were expecting to get was better, though for the life of me i can't remember who.   And yes, they were recruiting him as a safety.

That 2014 class was such a legendary flame-out.   They signed 23 high school recruits and i think maybe 6 of them were still on the team this past year. 

I seemed to recall hearing it a few years ago as well from someone else. Who knows though, my memory is shit these days.