Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Three MWC players get drafted in the first round....

Corbett should go in the 2nd round tomorrow sometime.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 minutes ago, Zagaholic said:

Asking as a seahawks fan, whats the scouting report on Penny? Is he big time?

IMO the second best RB in the draft.  Great size and speed combination with amazing vision.  Biggest weakness is pass protection, like all Aztec RB's before him.  Runs a little upright.

37 minutes ago, Zagaholic said:

He wasn't able to beat out the guys ahead of him, so he only started one season.  Of course the same could be said about Barry Sanders at Oklahoma State.

Thought Allen to Buffalo was a good one.  He surely had practice in cold and windy Laramie which would help him out in Buffalo.  Those Cowboys fans seemed amped for that BSU LB.  

MWC had a good day.

As a Pac-12 fan, I was not impressed with Darnold since he's too mistake prone and he could end up being a big time bust but that big chip on Rosen's shoulder could mean Arizona got a good pick.  You know how he was in the second half against Texas A&M?  That Vea will be a stud with the Bucs and that UCLA LT who was part of an OL that couldn't keep Rosen's jersey clean went to the Raiders...Broncos (the Denver version) will eat Carr for lunch.

8 hours ago, Zagaholic said:

As a Seahawks fan myself, I'm pretty excited about the pick.  If the team can finally shore up the offensive line Penny will have great success I think. Especially with most of the focus constantly on Wilson.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

You have to love how absolutely shitty DeRuyter was as our head coach... he had both Allen and Penny wanting to come to Fresno, and he told them both no. Now they're first round draft picks. It worked out best for the two of them to go elsewhere though, that's for damn sure. 

10 hours ago, masterfrog said:

He wasn't able to beat out the guys ahead of him, so he only started one season.  Of course the same could be said about Barry Sanders at Oklahoma State.

I mean, he rushed for over 1k as a "backup"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

So here I thought that the MW set a record for the most draft picks by a G5 type conference, but after researching the WAC in 2010 had 3 first round draft picks. 

#12 Ryan Matthews Fresno St
#17 Mike Lupati Idaho
#29 Kyle Wilson Boise St.

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

IMO the second best RB in the draft.  Great size and speed combination with amazing vision.  Biggest weakness is pass protection, like all Aztec RB's before him.  Runs a little upright.

Pass Pro is weak because he didn't do it very often, but he will learn. Don't agree about running upright, watch his film and try to find a clip of him taking a big hit, ever. For as big as he is he is very fast, low center of gravity, with A+ vision.