Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Josh Allen Apologizes For Offensive Tweets

8 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

This. Dude just be tryin' to get street cred.

And if you've ever been to Firebaugh, you know that there's nary an African American to be found.

True about Firebaugh, but his circle extended beyond Firebaugh due to athletics...it's funny because there doesn't seem to be a need for any AA's to be around for that verbiage to be used. As stated before, I am not supportive of that language, just noting what I have seen. That said, it has always entertained me when it is a bunch of Asian dudes throwing that term around at each other...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Man....they have focused A LOT of airtime on this whole debacle tonight. At least 30 minutes to an hour devoted talking about those f**king tweets.

That escalated a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Social media is a disease.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

27 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I feel for Josh and his family.  I imagine this totally ruined today for them.  Sucks

Josh has got to feel like a major idiot tonight on the biggest stage of his life. This whole ordeal is really unfortunate.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

2 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Its no troll.  Babs is right.  Fresno is more culturally alike to the mountain school towns than, say, PAC school towns

Fresno in no way even comes close to resembling any place in Wyoming.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

this is the +++++ing dumbest shit i've ever seen, the only thing he's guilty of is listening to rap music and trying to fit in with his friends.  He didn't drop the hard R, there's absolutely no malice in any of those tweets.  +++++ing woke mongoloids making a big deal out of everything.

I can’t believe people are making such a big deal about his tweets. Growing up we called each other about anything you can think of mostly in a joking matter, but sometimes not when pissed off.  I guarantee you if they dug up some black players comments at that age they would be very similar. There is a big difference between making those tweets and being a racist. But hey, even if you are, own it and face any consequences it brings your way.

Im way beyond tired at the PC culture these days. That everyone has to behave a certain way even when they don’t really feel that way. Be who you are and maybe learn a few hard lessons along the way. I have a lot more respect for people that are themselves even if I don’t agree with everything they say. 

4 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

this is the +++++ing dumbest shit i've ever seen, the only thing he's guilty of is listening to rap music and trying to fit in with his friends.  He didn't drop the hard R, there's absolutely no malice in any of those tweets.  +++++ing woke mongoloids making a big deal out of everything.

Speaking of mongoloids....

Which one of you space cadet CSewe fans out there (not directed towards you @Rofl_copter_dos) goes by the Twitter handle of “CSU Jake”?? 

45 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I feel for Josh and his family.  I imagine this totally ruined today for them.  Sucks

16 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Josh has got to feel like a major idiot tonight on the biggest stage of his life. This whole ordeal is really unfortunate.

Josh Allen is going to make millions of dollars playing a game he loves. He and his family will be just fine....even tonight.

30 minutes ago, aztech said:

When the time comes I'd be curious to see how the black NFL D/linemen and LBers handle him.    

I forget the guy's name, but there was a Penn State QB who made some racist comments while playing for the Nittany Lions. He took some flack about it when he turned pro a year later, but if I remember correctly it didn't escalate into much once the season started. But then again, that was before Twitter, Facebook & Instagram. 

4 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Of course he apologized.  Times have changed.  If you believe there was any racist intent or he was complicit in supporting white supremacy with those tweets I feel really sorry for you.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Of course he apologized.  Times have changed.  If you believe there was any racist intent or he was complicit in supporting white supremacy with those tweets I feel really sorry for you.

How would I know what was in his head? I’m not claiming to know that....although many people here are doing that for both a Fresno State prof and a high school kid, neither of whom they’ve ever met. I’m only pointing out the difference in the reaction to the tweets. Apparently that makes people upset

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

3 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

That said, it has always entertained me when it is a bunch of Asian dudes throwing that term around at each other...

LOL. This reminds me of a time back at SJSU when my girlfriend’s (now fiancé) cousin and his friends came up to visit her and they all stopped by the house me and my friends were renting to hang out for a little while. They were all Filipino and were wanna be tough guys; lots of tatts, some claimed to be bloods, and they used the N word A LOT. But I’ll never forget the looks on their faces when they came in my house and saw my five black roommates (plus one of their cousins, also black). Interstingly enough, i didn’t hear the N word a single time from them that day, and they were a lot quieter then usual. 

26 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

LOL. This reminds me of a time back at SJSU when my girlfriend’s (now fiancé) cousin and his friends came up to visit her and they all stopped by the house me and my friends were renting to hang out for a little while. They were all Filipino and were wanna be tough guys; lots of tatts, some claimed to be bloods, and they used the N word A LOT. But I’ll never forget the looks on their faces when they came in my house and saw my five black roommates (plus one of their cousins, also black). Interstingly enough, i didn’t hear the N word a single time from them that day, and they were a lot quieter then usual. 

If they were short dudes then this probably applies...

See the source image

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

How would I know what was in his head? I’m not claiming to know that....although many people here are doing that for both a Fresno State prof and a high school kid, neither of whom they’ve ever met. I’m only pointing out the difference in the reaction to the tweets. Apparently that makes people upset

I feel really sorry for you.