Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Josh Allen Apologizes For Offensive Tweets

Offensive tweets from Josh Allen's youth surface as NFL draft nears. I hope his apology is accepted and it doesn't affect his draft position.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/nfl-draft-josh-allen-apologizes-tweets

4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I'm worried this gives teams an 'excuse' not to take him.  Not good mere hours before the draft.  

Teams didn't care when Laremy Tunsil from Ole Miss had a video surface of him smoking pot and also openly admitting to taking money from coaches and donors while in school literally minutes before the draft. I think Allen is fine. I'm surprised the media hasn't yet interviewed his mom and "leaked" the news that Allen wet the bed once as a 4 year old.

19 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Funny how these service right before the draft.

The world we live in. Post something stupid as a kid, get screwed as an adult.

It certainly is not fair.  But teams are so over worried about image.  

Media is over worried about ratings and making controversy when there is none.  "I hate Lebron James."  How is that tweet in the least controversial.  Fans always say they hate so and so player on another team.  ...but because Josh Allen has a chance of going to Cleveland, the media runs with it to create controversy.

It's not fair.  But as Judge Judy says "say it, get over it...write it, regret it".  Hard lesson for a mistake as a kid.

I see a kid that’s trying to thug it up, not anything hateful. Not saying I agree with his actions or his chosen vocabulary, but there was nothing written there that was hateful.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Those tweets aren’t racist. 

No shit. I half expected him to have gone Clayton Bigsby or something given how the story had circulated. Good lord. People need to just get the +++++ over themselves. 

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No shit. I half expected him to have gone Clayton Bigsby or something given how the story had circulated. Good lord. People need to just get the +++++ over themselves. 

Yea when ESPN didn’t show the tweets in the article I was like damn this guy must have tweeted some crazy shit.... Then I read them and I see him quoting French Montana and getting ready to play beer pong. Come on people....

35 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea when ESPN didn’t show the tweets in the article I was like damn this guy must have tweeted some crazy shit.... Then I read them and I see him quoting French Montana and getting ready to play beer pong. Come on people....

We've all said things we shouldn't have especially when we were teens. But nothing is forgotten in this hyper-sensitive social media era. I'm sure it will be brought up at the beginning of the NFL Draft show, which is unfortunate for Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, Dimwhit said:

Funny how these service right before the draft.

There's a lot of intrigue and bullshit that happens in the last days leading up to the draft. Like with Leighton Vander Esch's so called "neck injury." In some cases it's a team hoping to bump a player down a few selections so as to have a chance at selecting him, sometimes it's a reporter trying to get some click pub. Not sure what the case could be with the revelation of these Allen tweets and I certainly don't know that much about his personal character but I agree with the sentiment above that they were more likely to be that of a young high school kid just trying to look cool and think he should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

33 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I honestly don't believe that Cleveland is/was seriously considering Mayfield at 1.  I still believe it was Allen or Darnold.  I do believe this will seal it for Darnold.  We will see.

I think Mayfield will be a scrub in the NFL.  He couldn't make the throws against Georgia, and he'll see better defenders than that in hte NFL

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Dogs4Me said:

I see a kid that’s trying to thug it up, not anything hateful. Not saying I agree with his actions or his chosen vocabulary, but there was nothing written there that was hateful.

This. Dude just be tryin' to get street cred.

And if you've ever been to Firebaugh, you know that there's nary an African American to be found.

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

"If it ain't white, it ain't right" .  I'm pretty sure that alone is going to get his ass kicked in Cleveland if that is where he lands.  

That one was particularly stoopid.

Boom goes the dynamite.

high school kid tries to act tough.  i'm annoyed at his ignorance and the fact that 'being black,' to him, represents this persona of cool and impressive.  but indicative of hate?  of exacerbating an already tenuous racial picture in america?  no way.  this is (was) an opportunity to help him understand why what he did was insensitive and possibly offensive.

beyond that, this is a nothing sandwich.