Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Please Dear Lord!!

41 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

That's just awesome. Can't go wrong with 2 in the 1st for our conference.

And the No. 3 MWC first rounder just checked in with Rashaad Penny going #27 to the Seahawks!

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Not sure who’s happier: Jeff, the Cowboys, or the 11 MWC coaches who don’t have to face him next year.   Just my opinion but I think he will be Boise’s best pro player.   The kids a special talent.

He has all the potential for sure.

Happy to see a small town Idaho boy and MWC player succeed at the highest level. Crazy he was playing 8 man just a few years ago. I read the Ringer write-up on him--anyone know what kind of river guiding he was doing? 

Also happy for Allen and Penny--I'm of the opinion that the more conference players succeeding in the league the better. 

18 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

Jeff is probably passed out right now...

I about died when #19 came around and it was indeed LVE. All I could picture before the pick was announced was Jeff staring intently at the TV with a voodoo doll of Ridley in his hands and repeatedly jabbing it with a pin....haha!

2 hours ago, TrueAg said:

I about died when #19 came around and it was indeed LVE. All I could picture before the pick was announced was Jeff staring intently at the TV with a voodoo doll of Ridley in his hands and repeatedly jabbing it with a pin....haha!

That’s a much cleaner picture than what was actually happening I’m sure. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 hours ago, mondego said:

Happy to see a small town Idaho boy and MWC player succeed at the highest level. Crazy he was playing 8 man just a few years ago. I read the Ringer write-up on him--anyone know what kind of river guiding he was doing? 

Also happy for Allen and Penny--I'm of the opinion that the more conference players succeeding in the league the better. 

Rafting season is huge in Idaho.  We are talking millions in business a year.  Seriously.  He was a river guide, not a specialized fly guy.  Fly guys would book with his company but most knew more than enough to catch their own fish.  West Slope Cut Throat are the main sport during rafting season on that river but HUGE bull trout (they get huge eating the par/smults from Salmon and Steel head) are the most fun to catch, even though you are not "supposed" to angle for them, they are everywhere.  The late part of the Salmon run happens during rafting season as well so you never know.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Rafting season is huge in Idaho.  We are talking millions in business a year.  Seriously.  He was a river guide, not a specialized fly guy.  Fly guys would book with his company but most knew more than enough to catch their own fish.  West Slope Cut Throat are the main sport during rafting season on that river but HUGE bull trout (they get huge eating the par/smults from Salmon and Steel head) are the most fun to catch, even though you are not "supposed" to angle for them, they are everywhere.  The late part of the Salmon run happens during rafting season as well so you never know.

Good info, thanks. I grew up in the Great State of Idaho but have only run the rivers in SE Idaho. I'm not a fisherman but that seems like a sweet gig for a college kid. Obviously he's getting a bit of a pay raise now haha.

Gotta respect him wanting to move back after his NFL days are through--reminds me a lot of the Vigil kids from USU. 

14 hours ago, mondego said:

The Ringer piece was an awesome read, made me so proud to be an Idahoan. If you have time, read this but make sure to watch the video as well:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article209954349.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg