Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

I am voting for a Democrat in the Idaho Gubernatorial election.

27 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would encourage my fellow conservative Idahoans to do the same.  Or at least give this guy an honest look.  This guy has an honest, true love for Idahos greatest asset.  Our unique and amazing wilderness.

https://ajforgovernor.com/

bpW6Xkd.gif

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Just now, Boise fan said:

bpW6Xkd.gif

Not sure why you are so surprised.  You know my love for our wilderness and I do not trust the republican politicians in our state one bit to keep it public.  I will be damned if I see a no trespassing sign along the banks of my favorite fisheries.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure why you are so surprised.  You know my love for our wilderness and I do not trust the republican politicians in our state one bit to keep it public.  I will be damned if I see a no trespassing sign along the banks of my favorite fisheries.

I'm just messing with you.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

3 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I'm just messing with you.

I really feel like AJ is sincere.  Otter disgusted me with is faux libertarianism and his catering to the ranchers.  AJ is a politician along the lines of Cecil or Church, and that is a high compliment.  Might volunteer for him.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would encourage my fellow conservative Idahoans to do the same.  Or at least give this guy an honest look.  This guy has an honest, true love for Idahos greatest asset.  Our unique and amazing wilderness.

It sure sounds like the horsey half of you is more donkey, and the human half is more Democrat. 🙂

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I really feel like AJ is sincere.  Otter disgusted me with is faux libertarianism and his catering to the ranchers.  AJ is a politician along the lines of Cecil or Church, and that is a high compliment.  Might volunteer for him.

What are his views on 2A? And by 2A, I don't mean Adams County. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I think a governor’s opinion on Adams county has way more to do with the job than the second amendment to the federal constitution.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think a governor’s opinion on Adams county has way more to do with the job than the second amendment to the federal constitution.

Given today's political climate, I disagree. That said, you don't maintain residence in a state like Massachusetts as I do.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

The left talking about wanting to abort the 2nd A is so off the charts it's scary. I can't even imagine trying to enforce something like that. You'd have 10's of millions of people saying "fvck you, come try to take my guns", and I'd be one of them. Trying to enforce it would result in the biggest homeland crisis since the civil war. And that is no exaggeration. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

"In lieu of answering the Statesman’s questions, A.J. Balukoff’s campaign sent a statement saying the candidate “fully supports the Second Amendment and respects the fundamental rights of Idahoans to own and use firearms responsibly. He also knows there are things that can and should be done to make the system better and keep more people safe.”Those things include universal background checks and forbidding people convicted of domestic violence from owning firearms. "

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/election/article208270019.html

Seems pretty reasonable.  The man would be a republican in many states.

54 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"In lieu of answering the Statesman’s questions, A.J. Balukoff’s campaign sent a statement saying the candidate “fully supports the Second Amendment and respects the fundamental rights of Idahoans to own and use firearms responsibly. He also knows there are things that can and should be done to make the system better and keep more people safe.”Those things include universal background checks and forbidding people convicted of domestic violence from owning firearms. "

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/election/article208270019.html

Seems pretty reasonable.  The man would be a republican in many states.

That's essentially my stance on gun control as well. There are a lot of "Democrats" running right now that would have been Republicans 20 years ago. Conor Lamb in Pennsylvania is a prime example of that. 

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've done that in Wyoming many times since switching to the GOP.  Sullivan & Freudenthal  were easily the best choice for Gov.  Dave's wife, Nancy, was appointed to the federal bench by Obama.  The last couple of elections the Dems haven't ran a particularly strong candidate.  They've got a strong candidate in the race this year but so does the GOP.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I've done that in Wyoming many times since switching to the GOP.  Sullivan & Freudenthal  were easily the best choice for Gov.  Dave's wife, Nancy, was appointed to the federal bench by Obama.  The last couple of elections the Dems haven't ran a particularly strong candidate.  They've got a strong candidate in the race this year but so does the GOP.

I have just declined to vote in the past as I could not STAND Otter and there was never a strong candidate running against him.

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The left talking about wanting to abort the 2nd A is so off the charts it's scary. I can't even imagine trying to enforce something like that. You'd have 10's of millions of people saying "fvck you, come try to take my guns", and I'd be one of them. Trying to enforce it would result in the biggest homeland crisis since the civil war. And that is no exaggeration. 

There is virtually no chance of reversing the 2nd Amendment. And if it were ever to happen, long after you've died and stopped making inane posts on message boards, it would be because overwhelming public support across the political spectrum to do so had somehow developed. Avoiding periodical whims of the majority was what the framers had in mind when they made the amendment process difficult. So, you know, relax. 

— or to quote another fine poster —

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I assumed that you would go for Paulette Jordan because, well...

image.png.3ae99fc3007d4166f88e8407cc1ddd44.png

12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, HR_Poke said:

Silencers?

Yep. Apparently they’re a huge issue (they aren’t).  Plus you need a class III license to have a silencer.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater