Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

It's Happening.

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

There are 2 non-P5 teams that would get Boise State's attendance at or near sellout. One is BYU and the other is Idaho. 

Don't be surprised when we announce a game with the Vandals shortly after Dr Kustra retires. 

So... BYU brings 25k to Boise home games?

I don't think so.  BYU on brings a few fans to opposing teams.  They don't travel as well as they say they do.

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Dollars to donuts Mr. Burman is on the call-in shows the next couple of days where he gets pummeled by fans.  I wonder if this is something Bohl is wanting?

We have one nonconference road game open in 2022 and two nonconference games open in 2024 (one road and one home).

Rumor has it Armageddon's coming in 2021 so I think we're safe.  So unless BYU rides into the conference on Gonzaga's coattails before then, I don't think it's gonna happen.

What does this phrase mean? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

I don't think so.  BYU on brings a few fans to opposing teams.  They don't travel as well as they say they do.

Admittedly, they always brought more fans to Laramie then CSU did, or does.  

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner

I'd like to see BYU schedule the following deals:

1.  20 year, rotating home and home with BOISE.   

2.  20 year, rotating home and home with USU

3.  15 year, 10 for 5 (10 games in Hawaii, 5 in Provo) series with HAWAII

4.  3 for 3 deal with NEW MEXICO, in both FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL

Friends..... It's happening.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't think you understand how this works.

Right?

It's been over a decade since Poke fans have tossed piss balloons at the War.  There's a helluva lot of piss built up within the UW fanbase!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner

Here are the current BYU scheduling rumors circulating

1.  Wyoming (as mentioned here)

2.  Ohio State (maybe a home and home, or a home and neutral)

3.  AFA (this was mentioned by Holmoe recently)

4.  Some more AAC games (not sure which schools)

Friends, these games are being negotiated by BYU's ESPN contact, who is helping all of the Indy schools get games.  He has also brokered deals with the MWC (convincing Minnesota to play at Fresneck).   ESPN has proven invaluable---expect BYU and Boise to re-sign with the Mother Ship.

http://www.aseaofred.com/flames-working-with-college-football-matchmaker-on-scheduling/  (LIBERTY)

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/sports/college/nmsu/2017/08/25/new-mexico-state-releases-2018-football-schedule/590574001/  (NM STATE)

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/10/05/Media/Sports-Media.aspx

PG-14-Brown-Getty.ashx?la=en&hash=4C5A03

Guest #1Stunner
14 hours ago, easybronc said:

I wish Boise would drop them.  

26 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

They are. 

espn_logo__130813225927.jpg?w=446&h=299&

28 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Is that what I said? Or did I say that the stadium fills up much closer to capacity when we play them (just like it does when the Vandals used to come to town). 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

Is that what I said? Or did I say that the stadium fills up much closer to capacity when we play them (just like it does when the Vandals used to come to town). 

Now that Idaho is in the BIG SKY, is there the demand / expectation that Boise would have to agree to play a game in Moscow?   Like a 2 for 1 or something?  Or has Idaho come to the realization that Boise probably won't play there?

This is the BYU "Scheduling Philosophy:

1. Crap games at home with crap teams.

2. Home and home with MWC teams.

3. 2 for 1 contracts with P5 teams, with the two road games happening often at the site of the NFL stadium in the town adjacent to the home field off the opponent.

I guess it works for their constituent base.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

This is the BYU "Scheduling Philosophy:

1. Crap games at home with crap teams.

2. Home and home with MWC teams.

3. 2 for 1 contracts with P5 teams, with the two road games happening often at the site of the NFL stadium in the town adjacent to the home field off the opponent.

I guess it works for their constituent base.

The "Neutral" games work well for our fans, yes.   Especially if played in Phoenix, Las Vegas, or Texas.

When BYU played Arizona in Phoenix 2 years go, the fan split was 60 to 40 in BYU's favor.  The Arizona fans were shocked, and thought everyone was from Provo (most were actually Mormons from Phoenix).  

BYU needs to schedule more "Neutral" games in Las Vegas, in the Raiders new stadium.  And more in Phoenix.

P5 is obviously better and easier for scheduling.   But overall, It's worked out great.

f2a89b9d-57e9-4772-81e9-d7b7f6e222ec.jpg

Most USU fans already have this memorized, but here are BYU's future schedules:  http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/indep/byu-cougars.php

43 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Right?

It's been over a decade since Poke fans have tossed piss balloons at the War.  There's a helluva lot of piss built up within the UW fanbase!

I’m a fan of throwing scorching hot pennies at the coaches and players. Some traditions should never fade away.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, NorCalCoug said:

Sincere gratitude to the MWC for always helping out with BYU’s Oct/Nov schedule any and every time we need it. We couldn’t do it without you!

They've been a good partner.  The late October / November games have helped, no doubt.

It is going to be tough playing at Wyoming in November, but the funnel cakes and friendly fans will make it worth it.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Sincere gratitude to the MWC for always helping out with BYU’s Oct/Nov schedule any and every time we need it. We couldn’t do it without you!

Thanks to @#1Stunner for his tireless work to make this happen!

You're Welcome friend!   I'm working on a few other BYU vs MWC deals as well.