Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Which team says no (Cleveland or Golden State) James for Thompson(after signing a 4 years extension), Iguodala/Livingston, and a first round draft pick

Zero chance Lebron stays if they lose to Indy. So why wouldn't Cleveland wanna trade James for Thompson? Really to me this deal makes less sense for Golden State. James is 5 years older and it would shorten the Warriors bench even further. 

Cleveland could always trade Thompson later on if they decide to go in tank mood. To me getting Thompson is worth taking on Livingston/Iggys contracts. Would it really be better for Cleveland to get nothing and James just walking away? 

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

James is a free agent after this year, so he can just walk.

He has an opt out, but for all intents and purposes, he's a free agent as you said. The only way that this would work would be if he were to engineer a sign and trade to the Warriors. I don't think he's looking for a max length deal at this point anyway, and the over-38 rule might even come into play, as that fourth year would take place during his age-38 season. I'm not sure if those restrictions come into play for the age-38 season, or if it's any seasons after that. 

I honestly doubt he sticks around anyway, even if they do advance past this round. 

But Thompson would just leave after next year, leaving Cleveland with a glorified second round pick and an old Igoudala. I mean, I guess it’s better then nothing; but it’s pretty damn close to nothing for a rebuilding team.

He’s either going to houston or Philly 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Lebron will stay in the cake walk east. 

Hed have made tops 2-3 NBA Finals in the West 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

10 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Lebron will stay in the cake walk east. 

Hed have made tops 2-3 NBA Finals in the West 

East will be much tougher next year with a more experienced Philly and a healthy Boston. 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

East will be much tougher next year with a more experienced Philly and a healthy Boston. 

And still garbage in comparison to the west which is substantially deeper 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

32 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

And still garbage in comparison to the west which is substantially deeper 

Not really. Only about 5-8 teams matter in the NBA on any given year and those teams are split pretty evenly between east and west. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Not really. Only about 5-8 teams matter in the NBA on any given year and those teams are split pretty evenly between east and west. 

Fail

On 4/22/2018 at 7:31 PM, Jack Bauer said:

James is a free agent after this year, so he can just walk.

Of course he can. But the point is if he want to go to the Warriors (not saying he does) the only way is via a sign and trade. The question is would either and/or both teams be agreeable to the trade. 

Personally if I was Cleveland I would do the trade but I would try to trade Thompson to a third team (preferably with a lot of salary space so Cleveland does not have to take any more salary on) for a high draft pick. 

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Of course he can. But the point is if he want to go to the Warriors (not saying he does) the only way is via a sign and trade. The question is would either and/or both teams be agreeable to the trade. 

Personally if I was Cleveland I would do the trade but I would try to trade Thompson to a third team (preferably with a lot of salary space so Cleveland does not have to take any more salary on) for a high draft pick. 

I think Lebron is an all time great, but it's almost like having him on your team assures you going to a iso heavy offense with a lot of standing around and that's pretty much the opposite of how they play.  I really think he'd be a better fit on Houston.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 4/22/2018 at 8:48 PM, Rosegreen said:

James could end up on the Lakers. 

The Lakers can afford him and LeBron is involved in the LA film industry. 

13 hours ago, renoskier said:

Why not Minnesota?

Don’t think they have the cap room. Plus their young core is not as good as Phillys thanks to Wiggins’ inconsistency and Towns’ inability to play defense 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.