Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Clinton Campaign’s Cyber Security

This is a NYT opinion piece on the “They won’t let me be president” comment.  But what I found most interesting was this final paragraph: 

I never told anyone this, but one time when I’d been visiting the Brooklyn campaign headquarters I found an iPhone in the women’s restroom. I wasn’t sure, but it seemed to belong to Mr. Podesta’s assistant because when I picked it up, a flood of calendar alerts for him popped up. I placed it on the sink counter, went into the stall, came out and washed my hands. I left the phone sitting there, worried that if I turned it in, even touched it again, aides would think I had snooped. This seemed a violation that would at best get my invitation to the headquarters rescinded and at worst get me booted off the beat for unethical behavior.

This reporter found an iPhone in the restroom and was able to access it without an issue.  Are you kidding me?  It’s obvious cyber security didn’t matter to the campaign.  No wonder Podesta’s email was hacked.  But I’m supposed to believe it took a vast Russian conspiracy to hack his emails when a reporter accessed his assistant’s phone that was left in the bathroom. Ok then. 

Here’s the full opinion piece for those that are interested. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/sunday-review/hillary-clinton-chasing-hillary.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

She is just like the welfare queens who voted for her.  They all think something should be given to her.  She doesn't understand she has to earn it.

"I knew it. I knew this would happen to me,” she said, now within a couple of inches of Mr. Mook’s ashen face. “They were never going to let me be president.”

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

This is a NYT opinion piece on the “They won’t let me be president” comment.  But what I found most interesting was this final paragraph: 

This reporter found an iPhone in the restroom and was able to access it without an issue.  Are you kidding me?  It’s obvious cyber security didn’t matter to the campaign.  No wonder Podesta’s email was hacked.  But I’m supposed to believe it took a vast Russian conspiracy to hack his emails when a reporter accessed his assistant’s phone that was left in the bathroom. Ok then. 

Here’s the full opinion piece for those that are interested. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/sunday-review/hillary-clinton-chasing-hillary.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

iPhones send alert notifications to your home screen without the need of entering a password. It doesn’t mean anyone was “in” the phone.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

iPhones send alert notifications to your home screen without the need of entering a password. It doesn’t mean anyone was “in” the phone.

I was waiting for that.  She mentioned she didn’t want to get busted for snooping which implies it was unlocked.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

I was waiting for that.  She mentioned she didn’t want to get busted for snooping which implies it was unlocked.  

I don’t know that it implies that.

29 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don’t know that it implies that.

It fits my narrative and that’s all I need :D 

More interesting is that the NYT reporter didn't want to be seen as a "snoop" which is, I thought, the primary mission of a reporter. If you're not snooping, you're a stenographer.

My guess is her response would have been somewhat different if she were covering Trump and found some hapless aides phone.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

More interesting is that the NYT reporter didn't want to be seen as a "snoop" which is, I thought, the primary mission of a reporter. If you're not snooping, you're a stenographer.

My guess is her response would have been somewhat different if she were covering Trump and found some hapless aides phone.

There is a fine line between snooping and breaking the law.

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Which law would she have been breaking?

I don't know. It seems that there may be some circumstances, depending how the material was retrieved and disseminated, that ethics issued would arise that could possibly cross the line into criminality.

4 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I can’t figure out if your cluelessness is an act or real...  for your sake, I hope it’s an act.

I'm just happy that that the government found funding for the group home where you live so that your basic everyday needs are met...

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

I don't know. It seems that there may be some circumstances, depending how the material was retrieved and disseminated, that ethics issued would arise that could possibly cross the line into criminality.

Yea I could see that going into a grey area but am no law expert.  I know there are privacy rights but from what I know of them they usually refer to employer/employee dynamics.  

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Only a total tapeworm like you could find an excuse for her not to do her job.   Just like you do every day at work when you are not doing your job to the best of your ability.   There is no criminality and her ethics as a reporter would mandate she look at the phone to do her job.

You are a complete idiot.

Plus she admitted to crying when Felonia Von Pantsuit lost. 

NYT is nothing more than a bunch of Democrat Boot Licking Toadies. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke