Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

OT: Nebraska Spring Game Attendance

Nebraska spring game attendance has been strong in recent years.  Although, in general I think schools across the country put more emphasis on spring game attendance now more than ever as a way to keep interest in the program during the off season.  I went to 2 or 3 spring games while attending Nebraska back in the mid 90's.  It was kind of the last really big party weekend until after finals so everyone got into it whether they actually went to the game or not.

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-spring-game-attendance-through-the-years

Untitled1.thumb.png.91443d0e93f7dec07f61a5270a13a5a4.png

Untitled.thumb.png.178e6971fffd405158ff38f1491e00b9.png

Then there's Tennessee where even the new coach seems to call BS on the universities 'official' spring game attendance numbers while calling out Vol fans.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2018/04/21/tennessee-vols-spring-game-attendance-announced-inflated-65-098-jeremy-pruitt-football/530882002/

Tennessee Vols spring football game attendance announced at inflated 65,098

Did Tennessee recently hire the Aztecs 'official' attendance counter?

17 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Is attendance free?

Also, we've got to stop this crap with letting off 50,000 balloons.  They all come down somewhere. 

$10 a ticket and it sold out in less than 24 hours.  There are actually season ticket holders that bitch that they don't get first chance for their tickets.  Nebraska doesn't give season ticket holders a chance to get their seats because they want to give a chance to people who never get to go to the games.  I don't get it because it is just a practice.

A guy I work with drove to Nebraska on Thursday to attend the spring game.  Pretty strange in my opinion.  I don’t even have much interest in attending the Boise State spring game, and I’m in the same city.  Our glorified scrimmage attracted about 10,000 and was also $10 per ticket. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg