Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Fresno State 2019 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:
Good player...offers from Boise, CSU, USU plus a bunch of other G5 programs.   Gives us some experience at WR next year with everyone graduating.

Nooooo!!!!

Boise needs guys to visit in September, not December when competing with Fresno and SDSU for these warm-weather kids.

Also more of a guarantee of success in Fresno with 3 out of top 4 WRs graduating.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Nooooo!!!!

Boise needs guys to visit in September, not December when competing with Fresno and SDSU for these warm-weather kids.

Also more of a guarantee of success in Fresno with 3 out of top 4 WRs graduating.

lmao the ol' bait and switch 

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I was just kidding. He looked like a really good player. Probably would start or be a major contributor for either team.

I know you were just messing around, but I think there could be some truth. Regardless, he is just what Fresno needs. An upperclassman with speed. We are loaded with young talent but have few proven juniors and seniors because of the way the classes broke down under the previous staff to an extent. We’ve already gotten our blue chip HS guy for the future. 

Wheatfall was a backup plan because our #1 target  RaJae Johnson decided to roll the dice on more P5 offers and sign in Feb. Wheatfall is good though.We've got some good weapons though coming back people are forgetting about...SO Patrick Elima-Jeune, SO Chris Coleman, SR Derion Grimm as well as TE SR's Jared Rice and Cam Sutton, plus 2 of the top 4 JC TE in Pauwels and Rodriguez. RB Rivers and Mims also catch the ball.

And that's not even mentioning incoming 4 star Jalen Cropper.  And I also forgot RS FR Emoryie Edwards who was tearing it up in Fall camp before he broke his foot. Local kid who picked Fresno State over Wazzu last year.

Of the 8 "senior WR" we graduated...two were actually contributors...Jamire Jordan and KeeSean Johnson. The remaining 6 were walk-ons or ST guys only.

Hey guys, I never get into this but have you talked about this guy coming from Reno?

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/heres-what-to-expect-locally-on-college-football-signing-day

Peyton Dixon's decision

After rushing for 3,136 yards and 45 touchdowns this season while leading Bishop Manogue to the Class 4A state title game, Dixon narrowed his list of potential schools to Fresno State, Nevada, Wyoming, UNLV and UC Davis. The Wolf Pack has held open one scholarship for a "wildcard" player, a position Dixon could fill if he does indeed commit to Nevada. While Dixon also is high on UC Davis, the only FCS school in his final five, the favorite is Fresno State, which runs a pro-style, run-first offense and is coming off back-to-back MW West Division titles, including a conference championship and postseason win over Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl this season. Dixon's decision is one of the few unknowns heading into signing day. He will announce his decision at 11:30 a.m. at Bishop Manogue High.

Sounds like Fresno is the odds on fave:

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Hey guys, I never get into this but have you talked about this guy coming from Reno?

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/heres-what-to-expect-locally-on-college-football-signing-day

Peyton Dixon's decision

After rushing for 3,136 yards and 45 touchdowns this season while leading Bishop Manogue to the Class 4A state title game, Dixon narrowed his list of potential schools to Fresno State, Nevada, Wyoming, UNLV and UC Davis. The Wolf Pack has held open one scholarship for a "wildcard" player, a position Dixon could fill if he does indeed commit to Nevada. While Dixon also is high on UC Davis, the only FCS school in his final five, the favorite is Fresno State, which runs a pro-style, run-first offense and is coming off back-to-back MW West Division titles, including a conference championship and postseason win over Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl this season. Dixon's decision is one of the few unknowns heading into signing day. He will announce his decision at 11:30 a.m. at Bishop Manogue High.

Sounds like Fresno is the odds on fave:

We're not the favorite, unless something has drastically changed in the last 24 hours or so.  I think he stays in Reno.

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

We're not the favorite, unless something has drastically changed in the last 24 hours or so.  I think he stays in Reno.

Also, like I said I never really pay attention to this stuff but what's with all the Reno players, and I suspect others in Cal, playing at Folsom High?

Is this a private or prep school that can recruit?

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Also, like I said I never really pay attention to this stuff but what's with all the Reno players, and I suspect others in Cal, playing at Folsom High?

Is this a private or prep school that can recruit?

No. There's some shady shit going on there. Other coaches in the SFL want them kicked out of the league even. 

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. There's some shady shit going on there. Other coaches in the SFL want them kicked out of the league even. 

Yes they've accumulated way too much talent through transfers etc. Something really rotten is happening. 

5 hours ago, Cincy said:

Whatever happened to Nevada Union (Grass Valley, CA)?

They used to pump out a lot of talent. Never hear about them anymore.

New HS went in there so they now have to share talent...

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

well.  I guess something HAS changed.   

https://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Dixon-46053399/

He's a stud, i'd love to get him. No idea why he doesn't have bigger offers but i know he's basically been our #1 RB target all year, well ahead of significantly higher rated guys.

6 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

Yes they've accumulated way too much talent through transfers etc. Something really rotten is happening. 

A friend of mine is a coach at a HS in that league.  Folsom has open enrollment so they can recruit and accept transfers from anywhere - including from schools in the conference.  All of the other schools can't accept transfers at all save for Del Oro which just played in the D2 state championship game.  Folsom has 4-5 guys from Reno and another few from the Bay Area.

Jake Browning went to Folsom but lived in Granite Bay and didn't want to play for Granite Bay (an SFL conference mate) because Folsom threw the ball all of the time and Granite Bay was 50/50 run/pass.  The opposing coaches aren't happy with the situation.

19 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

well.  I guess something HAS changed.   

https://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Dixon-46053399/

He's a stud, i'd love to get him. No idea why he doesn't have bigger offers but i know he's basically been our #1 RB target all year, well ahead of significantly higher rated guys.

Good luck.. hope you don't lose him to Northern Colorado or Northern AZ, or the FCS... FCS < FS

#cashinginonthedreamseason