Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Fresno State 2019 Recruiting

7 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Wow, that’s about the most pathetic entrance I’ve ever seen LOL. 

High school varsity teams have more impressive entrances....and more fans.

10 hours ago, Cincy said:

Wow, that’s about the most pathetic entrance I’ve ever seen LOL. 

High school varsity teams have more impressive entrances....and more fans.

They do have a guy sitting there with a fire extinguisher though.  Gotta give them credit for the pyrotechnics...

Image result for fire extinguisher gif

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

18 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Jesus. How the hell does anyone defend that? That has to be the most underwhelming entrance I’ve seen at any level of football. The one guy with the fire extinguisher just killed me. Embarrassing. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

9 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Jesus. How the hell does anyone defend that? That has to be the most underwhelming entrance I’ve seen at any level of football. The one guy with the fire extinguisher just killed me. Embarrassing. 

You're kidding right?  I've been told, on good authority, that things get pretty wild at spartan stadium

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Here is the commit from last Saturday, not sure what he waited a week but it’s a big one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LuringPaialii/status/1049029694761226240

I think I’d consider it more of a “big one” if he had P5 offers.

Not saying he can’t be real good but nothing jaw dropping.  

49 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I think I’d consider it more of a “big one” if he had P5 offers.

Not saying he can’t be real good but nothing jaw dropping.  

His tape is really +++++ing good.  Like definite Pac 12 caliber guy. I don't know how polynesian linebackers like he and Leaatoa last year with that much talent are running around with no offers.

17 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

His tape is really +++++ing good.  Like definite Pac 12 caliber guy. I don't know how polynesian linebackers like he and Leaatoa last year with that much talent are running around with no offers.

He does look fast. I trust CJT. 

4 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Oh you mean like Jeff Allison, Jaron Bryant and Mike Bell?

Yeah we know that now. We have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Yeah we know that now. We have to wait and see. 

pretty sure our LB corps is gonna be a-ok.    Justin Rice is back and we have a grab bag of Tate, Cage, King, Leeatoa, Carroll and Paialli for the other two spots.   

3 hours ago, badfish said:

Aztecs offered Jarvis. Really odd to see Rocky offer an already committed guy. I wonder who reached out to who.

All's fair in love and recruiting, but yeah, conference poaching by coaches not named Harsin is rare.  Jarvis is pretty good, i'd hate to lose him - more of a safety than a corner, and while our corner depth is pretty good (Bryant is only a junior) our safety depth is a bit iffier.

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

He's fair game until signed. I don't have a problem with it.

More as an anecdote, i feel like we're getting mid-2000s boise'd, where the staff's coaching acumen has been noted and everyone is zoning in on any kid we show interest in.  They wouldn't have kept Luring Paialii's commitment under wraps for so long if that weren't the case.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

All's fair in love and recruiting, but yeah, conference poaching by coaches not named Harsin is rare.  Jarvis is pretty good, i'd hate to lose him - more of a safety than a corner, and while our corner depth is pretty good (Bryant is only a junior) our safety depth is a bit iffier.

More as an anecdote, i feel like we're getting mid-2000s boise'd, where the staff's coaching acumen has been noted and everyone is zoning in on any kid we show interest in.  They wouldn't have kept Luring Paialii's commitment under wraps for so long if that weren't the case.

I get it. We do the same. What I find surprising is kids committing early only to flip or continue to want to be recruited. Pretty simple just don't commit if there's any doubt or possiblity of another school you want to go to.

Examples of doing it right

Casey committed and shut down recruitment.

Milton leaving it open.

4 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

That’s exactly how we are with lower level PAC. ASU, Arizona, CAL and Oregon State must follow our recruiting page, because they usually offer right after us. As for this guy, it’s really unlike rocky. They must really like him. We’ll see what happens.