Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Fresno State 2019 Recruiting

12 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

At the end of the 4th quarter last season, but you got lucky in the 8th. Fortunately, we get to play quarters 9, 10, 11, & 12 this year...should be fun.

Looking for to it! How is your recruiting season been?

Just now, Bronco22 said:

Looking for to it! How is your recruiting season been?

BTW that was so stupid how MWC handled that situation last season. They should never opposite divisions play each other the last week of the season in the first place,

Kid is very similar in stature and ability to Bachmeier. A good get for Teddy. I'm actually kind of stunned a kid of his ability would commit to us this early...but you never know. Now they just have to keep him. It will be 1 year from this December until he can sign.

Committing so early to us pretty much assures he won't get getting his 4th star. He will do well this year because he's got maybe the #1 WR in the country in Mycah Pittman to throw to (son of former Bulldog RB Mike Pittman). 

3 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Kid is very similar in stature and ability to Bachmeier. A good get for Teddy. I'm actually kind of stunned a kid of his ability would commit to us this early...but you never know. Now they just have to keep him. It will be 1 year from this December until he can sign.

Committing so early to us pretty much assures he won't get getting his 4th star. He will do well this year because he's got maybe the #1 WR in the country in Mycah Pittman to throw to (son of former Bulldog RB Mike Pittman). 

You never know.  Boise had 3 recruits last year get a 4th star well after committing to us.  Could happen.

With all the Pittman ties any chance Fresno could be in the running for him?

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You never know.  Boise had 3 recruits last year get a 4th star well after committing to us.  Could happen.

With all the Pittman ties any chance Fresno could be in the running for him?

His dad wants him to be a Bulldog... I still think we're a longshot though.

Just now, retrofade said:

His dad wants him to be a Bulldog... I still think we're a longshot though.

It would be cool if Fresno could pick up their recruiting to a level they could argue and talk shit with Boise fans over who has the best class like we used to on the WAC board.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It would be cool if Fresno could pick up their recruiting to a level they could argue and talk shit with Boise fans over who has the best class like we used to on the WAC board.

A couple more double digit win seasons, and at least one conference championship mixed in there, and it'll happen again. If we pull off a NY6 bowl in the next two years, we'll be neck and neck for recruiting in no time. 

Just now, retrofade said:

A couple more double digit win seasons, and at least one conference championship mixed in there, and it'll happen again. If we pull off a NY6 bowl in the next two years, we'll be neck and neck for recruiting in no time. 

Who are your best recruiters?  How does Kirby do?  Asking for a friend.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Who are your best recruiters?  How does Kirby do?  Asking for a friend.

Grubb is who got Tyrone Sampson for us... he and DeBoer still have a lot of contacts out in the Michigan area. I've heard a lot of our recruits mention Kirby as their primary contact, and players seem to like him a lot. 

@Rofl_copter_dos probably knows better than I do, but I think our two top recruiters right now are J.D. Williams and Jamie Christian. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Grubb is who got Tyrone Sampson for us... he and DeBoer still have a lot of contacts out in the Michigan area. I've heard a lot of our recruits mention Kirby as their primary contact, and players seem to like him a lot. 

@Rofl_copter_dos probably knows better than I do, but I think our two top recruiters right now are J.D. Williams and Jamie Christian. 

I'd agree.  

Kirby's role is to be the young, cool coach who relates to the kids more than some guy in his 50's. Probably too early to declare him a recruiting star yet, but he probably has a lot of potential to become that.

I've been told he's being brought along and developed as a future OC (for someone).

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Rumor is that another 2-3 guys committed yesterday as well.

Spencer Harris confirmed as much on twitter the other day, and our 247 publisher probably knows the guys and is being courteous enough to allow them to announce it at a time and place of their choosing.