Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Fresno State Professor

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Then you are the same as them. 

If they want to destroy conservatives using those tactics I have no problem doing the same to them. They aren't going to like the new rules. I don't see the point in playing by a set a rules the other guy won't abide by. 

Believe me, that's not what I want to do. I'd rather we try to compromise and coexist. But I'm not seeing a lot of that coming from the left. 

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

If they want to destroy conservatives using those tactics I have no problem doing the same to them. They aren't going to like the new rules. I don't see the point in playing by a set a rules the other guy won't abide by. 

Believe me, that's not what I want to do. I'd rather we try to compromise and coexist. But I'm not seeing a lot of that coming from the left. 

Sounds like it’s exactly what you want do.  

The right does it all the time, too. Just ask those who boycott or threaten to boycott the NFL over Colin Kaepernick.

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Blues called a poster a rapist yesterday, and barely an eye was batted. These folks just need a little mwcboard desensitivity training!

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

He did?  Nobody flagged it which is kinda shocking. 

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

It was an amusing exchange...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42404270

Undeterred, Sellers says Pender asked her if she "gives head" or if she'd ever been paid for sex, implying that his signature on the inspection was the only thing standing between her and a place to live. At one point, she says he called her into the bathroom under the pretence of showing her a needed repair. She says he pulled her in by her hips, blocked the doorway and took out his penis. She managed to push him out of the way.

7 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Undeterred, Sellers says Pender asked her if she "gives head" or if she'd ever been paid for sex, implying that his signature on the inspection was the only thing standing between her and a place to live. At one point, she says he called her into the bathroom under the pretence of showing her a needed repair. She says he pulled her in by her hips, blocked the doorway and took out his penis. She managed to push him out of the way.

Just so we're clear here... you're claiming that @jackmormon is Eric Pender?

14 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Just so we're clear here... you're claiming that @jackmormon is Eric Pender?

Let’s stop this conversation at this point, please.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

42 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sounds like it’s exactly what you want do.  

The right does it all the time, too. Just ask those who boycott or threaten to boycott the NFL over Colin Kaepernick.

If doing that means people like USSR2001, Akkula and jackmormon don't set policy for me then yes I'm all for it. If those are the rules people like them want to use then I'm fine with it. 

That doesn't mean I want to. But if one side plays dirty then I'm not going to play nice either.

I'd much rather have a little compromise. But when the growing sentiment on the left is to limit my constitutional rights then no, I will not play nice. 

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

If doing that means people like USSR2001, Akkula and jackmormon don't set policy for me then yes I'm all for it. If those are the rules people like them want to use then I'm fine with it. 

That doesn't mean I want to. But if one side plays dirty then I'm not going to play nice either.

I'd much rather have a little compromise. But when the growing sentiment on the left is to limit my constitutional rights then no, I will not play nice. 

What are you talking about? Who's "playing dirty"?

4 hours ago, godogsgo said:

I have to laugh and cry at shit like this.  The problem here isnt a FS prof throwing shade at BB.  That is free speech.  What she said about BB could be true...dont really care honestly, though the timing is certainly in poor taste.  The problem here is social media.  It encourages people to say things (on both sides) that are disrespectful and better left unsaid.  Be real about this...there are profs at almost any school that would say this.  And there have been worse things said on 'the other side'.  What has caused the polarization is the public sensationalization of these viewpoints.  And, yes, I appreciate the irony of saying that on this message board.  

All a phone does is expose stupidity by providing the platform they’re lacking. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

All a phone does is expose stupidity by providing the platform they’re lacking. 

If I understand what you're saying, you're saying that having easy internet access only allowed everyone else to see/hear someones behavior.  You have a point. 

However, its not as simple as that.  I believe most psych types would agree that abusive behavior is primarily learned.  When masses of people play MMO's and get ganked followed by 'Fkn N00bz! LulZ!!', or respond to a news article in the comments by saying something like 'We're all immigrants.' and is then attacked by others saying 'OMG lefty libtards...i'm gonna blow you away with my AR15', and so on and so forth, its creating a cultural shift which is this political polarization and inability of people to treat each other with respect.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

8 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ronda Jarrar never met a candy bar she didn't like.

photo-on-2011-01-15-at-15-25.jpg 

She doubles as Svengoolie on Saturday nights.

svengoolie1432_4194.jpg

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

90c031214d3c22922bab2eac8fef817a--buddy-

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

What are you talking about? Who's "playing dirty"?

When the left is going after someone’s job because they don’t like their opinion I think that’s dirty. I think what David Hogg has been doing against people that question him is dirty. I think using the courts to legislate is dirty. 

8 hours ago, NVGiant said:

This is right, I think. The tweets are ridiculous, of course. But wanting to have someone fired for saying something objectionable? Isn’t this something that the left is always being accused of doing?

Why should professors have protections the rest of us don't have? 

Plenty of people would be fired for a tweet like that. Why not her? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Why should professors have protections the rest of us don't have? 

Plenty of people would be fired for a tweet like that. Why not her? 

missingthepoint.gif

20 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

When the left is going after someone’s job because they don’t like their opinion I think that’s dirty. I think what David Hogg has been doing against people that question him is dirty. I think using the courts to legislate is dirty. 

And yet, you're good with them all. You really think just the left uses these tactics, don't you? 

boycottnflkaepernick.jpg

DSO39vJX4AAB678.jpg

Target1M.jpg

trump_starbucks_3497097b.jpg

Boycott-All-AntiAmerican-AntiConstitutio

Cancel_Netflix-e1516905105239-800x675.pn

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Nope. I fully understand the right now uses them too. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

LOL. You'll see "snowflakes" everywhere if you just open your eyes.

33 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

missingthepoint.gif

It's not all that complicated. You either believe the prof should be able to run her fat mouth at will or have the same accountability as most every other public employee.  

The bitch should stick to teaching English and refrain from hiding behind tenure. 

Tenure should be done away with, or at least redefined. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's not all that complicated. You either believe the prof should be able to run her fat mouth at will or have the same accountability as most every other public employee.  

The bitch should stick to teaching English and refrain from hiding behind tenure. 

Tenure should be done away with, or at least redefined. 

Yikes. Welcome back to the OT board.