Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Tell about your upcoming trips/vacations

As we're approaching the warmer part of the year, thought it would be nice to start a thread about the upcoming trips/vacations our fellow MWCBoarders have planned. Please do share the adventures you have penciled in, would be nice to get some new ideas and share tips/recommendations.

I'll start things off ... the gf and I have a trip planned to visit Zakynthos, Greece in a few weeks. The weather should be sunny and in the low 70s but coming out of the long winter that should feel quite warm. We'll be there for seven relaxing days. Here's the adults only resort we're staying at:

http://www.lesanteblu.gr/

And here are a few photos from around the island:

shipwreck-beach-zakynthos-greece-wallpap

porto.azzuro.vassilikos.zante.zakynthos.

Navagio-and-Blue-caves-trip-750x501.jpg

And here's a good videography from some travel experts:

If any of you have been to Zakynthos, please provide some tips. Otherwise, please share what you have planned.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’m going to New Orleans for a week. May not make it back alive.

Aside from Bourbon Street, what are you going to do while you're there?

Not really a vacation, but in Albuquerque now. Head to Cozumel beginning May for a week. Then after summer, going to Germany for 3 weeks for Oktoberfest and visit friends, then in November going to New Zealand for a week to visit GF's mom.

1 minute ago, Stealthlobo said:

Not really a vacation, but in Albuquerque now. Head to Cozumel beginning May for a week. Then after summer, going to Germany for 3 weeks for Oktoberfest and visit friends, then in November going to New Zealand for a week to visit GF's mom.

New Zealand in November is going to be awesome. North or South?

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

New Zealand in November is going to be awesome. North or South?

We are actually going to do two trips, just a week in November in the north to visit her family, then again in February in the south for a few weeks for us to explore :)

3 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

We are actually going to do two trips, just a week in November in the north to visit her family, then again in February in the south for a few weeks for us to explore :)

Awesome, I'm jealous. Keep us updated ... with gear updates as well!

16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Aside from Bourbon Street, what are you going to do while you're there?

Haven’t booked anything yet besides flight/hotel...but bourbon street figures heavily into our plans. As does a cemetery tour. Also really looking forward to eating authentic Cajun food. It’ll be during the nba finals as well. This isn’t likely to happen but my dream scenario is that the pelicans are still playing. Bourbon street will be off the rails if that happens. My wife is into “haunted” stuff and there’s no shortage of that there. There’s also something called oyster fest happening which sounds incredible.

Should be a fun trip. 

We're headed to Connecticut over Fourth of July week to visit my sister-in-law and her family. Other than that, nothing really planned... we're in savings rebuilding mode now that my wife is employed again after being laid off in October. 

14 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Haven’t booked anything yet besides flight/hotel...but bourbon street figures heavily into our plans. As does a cemetery tour. Also really looking forward to eating authentic Cajun food. It’ll be during the nba finals as well. This isn’t likely to happen but my dream scenario is that the pelicans are still playing. Bourbon street will be off the rails if that happens. My wife is into “haunted” stuff and there’s no shortage of that there. There’s also something called oyster fest happening which sounds incredible.

Should be a fun trip. 

Cool. Make sure to post photos of the food you get there. Also, Louisiana is famous for their drive-thru daiquiri bars so you'll have to check that out! :D 

10 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Should be a fun trip. 

Enjoy a muffuletta and Pimm's cup at the Napoleon House; two blocks off Bourbon.

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We're headed to Connecticut over Fourth of July week to visit my sister-in-law and her family. Other than that, nothing really planned... we're in savings rebuilding mode now that my wife is employed again after being laid off in October. 

I hope you're flying and not driving. The freeways in the Northeast are brutal that week.

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I hope you're flying and not driving. The freeways in the Northeast are brutal that week.

We're driving... which will make it much worse. When we do trips like that, we generally do an overnight drive though, so it hopefully won't be quite as bad. Probably leave late afternoon on Saturday both days. 

I actually leave tomorrow for a camping trip to the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon.  Not really a vacation but should be fun.  Water is running a little high to do much fishing but there should a be a few places to put a line in.

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We're driving... which will make it much worse. When we do trips like that, we generally do an overnight drive though, so it hopefully won't be quite as bad. Probably leave late afternoon on Saturday both days. 

Man, I don't envy you. You're going to be slogging it the whole way. What part of Connecticut? 

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I actually leave tomorrow for a camping trip to the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon.  Not really a vacation but should be fun.  Water is running a little high to do much fishing but there should a be a few places to put a line in.

I can't remember if I've asked you before but have you ever been up to the Bighorn Crags? That's a bucket list trip for me.