Jump to content
BSUTOP25

Tell about your upcoming trips/vacations

Recommended Posts

As we're approaching the warmer part of the year, thought it would be nice to start a thread about the upcoming trips/vacations our fellow MWCBoarders have planned. Please do share the adventures you have penciled in, would be nice to get some new ideas and share tips/recommendations.

I'll start things off ... the gf and I have a trip planned to visit Zakynthos, Greece in a few weeks. The weather should be sunny and in the low 70s but coming out of the long winter that should feel quite warm. We'll be there for seven relaxing days. Here's the adults only resort we're staying at:

http://www.lesanteblu.gr/

And here are a few photos from around the island:

shipwreck-beach-zakynthos-greece-wallpap

porto.azzuro.vassilikos.zante.zakynthos.

Navagio-and-Blue-caves-trip-750x501.jpg

And here's a good videography from some travel experts:

 

If any of you have been to Zakynthos, please provide some tips. Otherwise, please share what you have planned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to east St. Louis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Going to east St. Louis.

You taking the Truckster? 

vq6xxw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to New Orleans for a week. May not make it back alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’m going to New Orleans for a week. May not make it back alive.

Aside from Bourbon Street, what are you going to do while you're there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a vacation, but in Albuquerque now. Head to Cozumel beginning May for a week. Then after summer, going to Germany for 3 weeks for Oktoberfest and visit friends, then in November going to New Zealand for a week to visit GF's mom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stealthlobo said:

Not really a vacation, but in Albuquerque now. Head to Cozumel beginning May for a week. Then after summer, going to Germany for 3 weeks for Oktoberfest and visit friends, then in November going to New Zealand for a week to visit GF's mom.

New Zealand in November is going to be awesome. North or South?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

New Zealand in November is going to be awesome. North or South?

We are actually going to do two trips, just a week in November in the north to visit her family, then again in February in the south for a few weeks for us to explore :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

We are actually going to do two trips, just a week in November in the north to visit her family, then again in February in the south for a few weeks for us to explore :)

Awesome, I'm jealous. Keep us updated ... with gear updates as well!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Aside from Bourbon Street, what are you going to do while you're there?

Haven’t booked anything yet besides flight/hotel...but bourbon street figures heavily into our plans. As does a cemetery tour. Also really looking forward to eating authentic Cajun food. It’ll be during the nba finals as well. This isn’t likely to happen but my dream scenario is that the pelicans are still playing. Bourbon street will be off the rails if that happens. My wife is into “haunted” stuff and there’s no shortage of that there. There’s also something called oyster fest happening which sounds incredible.

Should be a fun trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're headed to Connecticut over Fourth of July week to visit my sister-in-law and her family. Other than that, nothing really planned... we're in savings rebuilding mode now that my wife is employed again after being laid off in October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta get up to Frenchman Lake 35 miles from Reno over in Cali  to do some Mtn biking . and maybe fishing.

 

6063485215_288806b45e_b.jpg

frenchman_lake_map.png

220601_7267_L.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Haven’t booked anything yet besides flight/hotel...but bourbon street figures heavily into our plans. As does a cemetery tour. Also really looking forward to eating authentic Cajun food. It’ll be during the nba finals as well. This isn’t likely to happen but my dream scenario is that the pelicans are still playing. Bourbon street will be off the rails if that happens. My wife is into “haunted” stuff and there’s no shortage of that there. There’s also something called oyster fest happening which sounds incredible.

Should be a fun trip. 

Cool. Make sure to post photos of the food you get there. Also, Louisiana is famous for their drive-thru daiquiri bars so you'll have to check that out! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Haven’t booked anything yet besides flight/hotel...but bourbon street figures heavily into our plans. As does a cemetery tour. Also really looking forward to eating authentic Cajun food. It’ll be during the nba finals as well. This isn’t likely to happen but my dream scenario is that the pelicans are still playing. Bourbon street will be off the rails if that happens. My wife is into “haunted” stuff and there’s no shortage of that there. There’s also something called oyster fest happening which sounds incredible.

Should be a fun trip. 

Enjoy a muffuletta and Pimm's cup at the Napoleon House; two blocks off Bourbon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We're headed to Connecticut over Fourth of July week to visit my sister-in-law and her family. Other than that, nothing really planned... we're in savings rebuilding mode now that my wife is employed again after being laid off in October. 

I hope you're flying and not driving. The freeways in the Northeast are brutal that week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I hope you're flying and not driving. The freeways in the Northeast are brutal that week.

We're driving... which will make it much worse. When we do trips like that, we generally do an overnight drive though, so it hopefully won't be quite as bad. Probably leave late afternoon on Saturday both days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually leave tomorrow for a camping trip to the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon.  Not really a vacation but should be fun.  Water is running a little high to do much fishing but there should a be a few places to put a line in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We're driving... which will make it much worse. When we do trips like that, we generally do an overnight drive though, so it hopefully won't be quite as bad. Probably leave late afternoon on Saturday both days. 

Man, I don't envy you. You're going to be slogging it the whole way. What part of Connecticut? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I actually leave tomorrow for a camping trip to the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon.  Not really a vacation but should be fun.  Water is running a little high to do much fishing but there should a be a few places to put a line in.

I can't remember if I've asked you before but have you ever been up to the Bighorn Crags? That's a bucket list trip for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

I can't remember if I've asked you before but have you ever been up to the Bighorn Crags? That's a bucket list trip for me. 

Yes Sir.  Pretty stunning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×