Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
halfmanhalfbronco

Antarctic ice sheet growing in mass.

Recommended Posts

That seems positive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, let the global cooling doomsday theories start with politicians calling for massive taxation and regulation to save the doomed human race from itself.

On a serious note, this is dated 2015...  curious what more recent studies are showing.  I would also be interested to see any potential additive impact of some of the other things discussed here - e.g. the solar cycle thing and the earth becoming increasingly more “green”.  I know that doesn’t exist but could be interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Guessing this wasn’t reported by CNN or MSNBC was it?  

Wrong religion, they won't report heresy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Boo, I want it to melt more...want to see the alien bases that are hidden.

Yes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toonkee said:

That seems positive.

Thanks.  I really did not want this to devolve into a debate about climate change.  Gross.  I was hoping some who are concerned with our effect on the planet would view this as good news like I do.  I think things like this, along with the recent paper published in Nature about the coming cooling of the climate, all point towards us as a species as having enough time to figure out our emissions problem.

As a conversationalist things like this are important to me.  However just because there are some positive outlooks coming out of the scientific community regarding global warming and climate change DOES NOT mean we should ignore our impact on the planet.  We might have some time being bought, lets not waste it.  

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Well, let the global cooling doomsday theories start with politicians calling for massive taxation and regulation to save the doomed human race from itself.

On a serious note, this is dated 2015...  curious what more recent studies are showing.  I would also be interested to see any potential additive impact of some of the other things discussed here - e.g. the solar cycle thing and the earth becoming increasingly more “green”.  I know that doesn’t exist but could be interesting.

The article was updated with the latest data less than a year ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thanks.  I really did not want this to devolve into a debate about climate change.  Gross.  I was hoping some who are concerned with our effect on the planet would view this as good news like I do.  I think things like this, along with the recent paper published in Nature about the coming cooling of the climate, all point towards us as a species as having enough time to figure out our emissions problem.

As a conversationalist things like this are important to me.  However just because there are some positive outlooks coming out of the scientific community regarding global warming and climate change DOES NOT mean we should ignore our impact on the planet.  We might have some time being bought, lets not waste it.  

 

I would be shocked if we didn't squander it.  We just increased the deficit in a time of economic strength and growth.

$$$$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toonkee said:

I would be shocked if we didn't squander it.  We just increased the deficit in a time of economic strength and growth.

$$$$$$

It is not the people on the hill who will figure this problem out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Well, let the global cooling doomsday theories start with politicians calling for massive taxation and regulation to save the doomed human race from itself.

On a serious note, this is dated 2015...  curious what more recent studies are showing.  I would also be interested to see any potential additive impact of some of the other things discussed here - e.g. the solar cycle thing and the earth becoming increasingly more “green”.  I know that doesn’t exist but could be interesting.

Have you ever tried to contact the climate scientists to tell them about the solar cycle thing?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It is not the people on the hill who will figure this problem out.

The market will determine our fate like God intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I would be shocked if we didn't squander it.  We just increased the deficit in a time of economic strength and growth.

$$$$$$

I would be shocked if the advances we are making do not drive market forces in a direction you and I both hope for.  In 50 years He-3 reactors could be powering the world.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Have you ever tried to contact the climate scientists to tell them about the solar cycle thing?  

Hey bro, I know you think that is a cute and clever response but uhmmm, the latest research on the matter kind if agrees with him.  A paper published in Nature (not linking as it is paid so I found the free article below) wowed the greater scientific community and it is now a nearly scientific consensus that the earth will begin cooling at the solar minimum. 

https://academic.oup.com/astrogeo/article/58/2/2.17/3074082

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Along with reducing pollution, one other positive from all the global warming hysteria is the growth of alternative energy which has increased innovation and reduced dependency on fossil fuels from the Middle +++++edup East. I’ve always maintained that there is climate change but have been skeptical of the Al Gore doomsday predictions ... but as mentioned, some good things have come out of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The earth will cool soon, this is not really up for debate anymore https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150709092955.htm

However that does not diminish the effects we humans are having on the planet.  Just buys us some time for the free market and capitalism to drive us towards better options.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The market will determine our fate like God intended.

Presuming God intends such things, or intends anything at all. Either way, our best hope lies in the collective need for individual innovation, rather than the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toonkee said:

The market will determine our fate like God intended.

It is funny that you make fun of religion when this thread is heresy to your religion.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toonkee said:

Have you ever tried to contact the climate scientists to tell them about the solar cycle thing?  

Yes, I sent several emails to the “climate scientists”.  I tagged them on Facebook and Instagram too.  I’ll send them a tweet this afternoon.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×