Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Bold Prediction!

4 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

Another Bold Prediction:

Josh Rosen will not be picked in the top ten picks. His attitude and durability concerns will send him tumbling.

Allen or Darnold will be picked first, the other will go second, and Mayfield will be picked before Rosen.

This is where I'm at.  Darnold and Allen will be the first two QBs taken.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

But hey, as long as it's "self sustaining"....signed Half and Half.

I actually think our offense will be better this coming year.  It has to be right?.  Our Oline of frosh and sophs are bigger, healthier, more developed and I'm hopeful we bring a stronger running game this fall.  This, more than anything, can make an average QB and our RBs look a whole lot better.  Our offense is completely and totally dependent on how our Oline performs.  if we don't reduce the pressure on our QB, we're toast.  We don't have a kid that can do what Allen did last year.

Our D isn't losing a tick and will actually be stronger because of a much healthier Dline.

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I actually think our offense will be better this coming year.  It has to be right?.  Our Oline of frosh and sophs are bigger, healthier, more developed and I'm hopeful we bring a stronger running game this fall.  This, more than anything, can make an average QB and our RBs look a whole lot better.  Our offense is completely and totally dependent on how our Oline performs.  if we don't reduce the pressure on our QB, we're toast.  We don't have a kid that can do what Allen did last year.

Our D isn't losing a tick and will actually be stronger because of a much healthier Dline.

I agree on the Oline and there really needs to be improvement in the Oline and overall offense production or those coaches need to be re-evaluated.  This is year 5 and out of the previous 4 years there was only one year of acceptable offensive production in my opinion.  It is time to see some results.

The D was pretty damn good last year and this year they should be pretty stout again.  I am a little leery of losing both starting Corners, but there is talent at the position.  The corners could be a big factor next year in how successful the D is.  Of course if the Dline can continue to generate pressure that will help tremendously.

I don't think the D will be able to manufacture as many turnovers again as they did last year, which will hurt.  Statistically, it is uncommon to repeat a year like last year for turnovers.  

Overall, this is a big year for Bohl in my opinion.  Not that he is close to being fired or anything, but I believe every player on this team was recruited by his staff and 5 years into the program the depth should be there.  QB will be a huge question mark and is one area where more depth needs to be built.  I feel like this team needs to be the most complete of the Bohl era, something that they have not been able to do up to this point.  

22 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I agree on the Oline and there really needs to be improvement in the Oline and overall offense production or those coaches need to be re-evaluated.  This is year 5 and out of the previous 4 years there was only one year of acceptable offensive production in my opinion.  It is time to see some results.

The D was pretty damn good last year and this year they should be pretty stout again.  I am a little leery of losing both starting Corners, but there is talent at the position.  The corners could be a big factor next year in how successful the D is.  Of course if the Dline can continue to generate pressure that will help tremendously.

I don't think the D will be able to manufacture as many turnovers again as they did last year, which will hurt.  Statistically, it is uncommon to repeat a year like last year for turnovers.  

Overall, this is a big year for Bohl in my opinion.  Not that he is close to being fired or anything, but I believe every player on this team was recruited by his staff and 5 years into the program the depth should be there.  QB will be a huge question mark and is one area where more depth needs to be built.  I feel like this team needs to be the most complete of the Bohl era, something that they have not been able to do up to this point.  

The number of TOs last year was freakish, right?  It's hard to think we can repeat that.

I was talking to Wingard at the CJC event the night before the Potato Bowl.  I jokingly said the defense was going to have to get me a TO.  He smiled and said they'd try.  8 turnovers later, they broke the Wyoming record for a game and the PB record for number of TOs.

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

That is my thinking. The Pokes were +24 in TO margin last year. That was +7 more than the 2nd best team in the country in that category. They have forced 65 TOs over the past two years. Easily the most in the country over that time. For a reference, Wyoming forced 10 TOs the year before that. That has a tendancy to correct itself. Outside of replacing the two CBs they should again have a stout defense, but it would be surprising if they were able to create the TOs they have the last two years.

Offensively, it's going to come down to the QB. Which might be tough if they can't establish the run better than they did last year to take pressure off of him. They should be a little better with 4 of 5 on the OL returning and all of the RBs, but they were one of the wrost in the coutry rushing the ball, so how much better is better going to be? If they can get decent QB play along with their D and special teams, they should be solid.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

That is my thinking. The Pokes were +24 in TO margin last year. That was +7 more than the 2nd best team in the country in that category. They have forced 65 TOs over the past two years. Easily the most in the country over that time. For a reference, Wyoming forced 10 TOs the year before that. That has a tendancy to correct itself. Outside of replacing the two CBs they should again have a stout defense, but it would be surprising if they were able to create the TOs they have the last two years.

Offensively, it's going to come down to the QB. Which might be tough if they can't establish the run better than they did last year to take pressure off of him. They should be a little better with 4 of 5 on the OL returning and all of the RBs, but they were one of the wrost in the coutry rushing the ball, so how much better is better going to be? If they can get decent QB play along with their D and special teams, they should be solid.

One of the scary things to me so far is that it doesn't sound like any of the QBs have stepped forward and want to take the job.  I'm hoping Vander Waal can be the guy to emerge but if he is having trouble pulling away from Smith, that is going to be a big, big problem.  

With Chambers coming in over the summer I really don't think he will have time to take over the job and if he does that is an indictment on the other QBs.  A redshirt year would be the best option for Chambers.  

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

The key for Wyoming will be the oline.  Even Smith should be able to manage the offense if the oline can provide a little more protection.   Wyoming started two true frosh last year.....and we could see two new freshman starting this year....including a 350lb wrecking ball.  All skilled players, aside from QB are back. 

IMO,  Wyoming's offense should be improved.   And should be able to run more effectively. 

15 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

One of the scary things to me so far is that it doesn't sound like any of the QBs have stepped forward and want to take the job.  I'm hoping Vander Waal can be the guy to emerge but if he is having trouble pulling away from Smith, that is going to be a big, big problem.  

With Chambers coming in over the summer I really don't think he will have time to take over the job and if he does that is an indictment on the other QBs.  A redshirt year would be the best option for Chambers.  

Yeah, I think Chambers is the QB of the future there. It's generally not a good sign when you have to play a trFR at QB, though. It's amazing the transformation that both the offense and defense made last year... in completely opposite directions.

52 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

From Bohl's comments, it appears Vander Waal is without any doubt the better athlete.  He's just making some bad decisions compared to Smith.  I'd honestly expect that, comparing a RSF to a senior.  I know Bohl will play the kid that he thinks gives the Pokes the greatest chance of winning, and in his opinion that mean fewer mistakes.  But let's not forget that what made Josh special were the rabbits the kid pulled out of his hat.  A conservative QB like Smith won't be pulling any rabbits.  It may take a few games for Bohl to realize that a win in those first few games was one rabbit away.  I'm humming Jefferson Airplane now, anyone else?

38 minutes ago, pokebball said:

From Bohl's comments, it appears Vander Waal is without any doubt the better athlete.  He's just making some bad decisions compared to Smith.  I'd honestly expect that, comparing a RSF to a senior.  I know Bohl will play the kid that he thinks gives the Pokes the greatest chance of winning, and in his opinion that mean fewer mistakes.  But let's not forget that what made Josh special were the rabbits the kid pulled out of his hat.  A conservative QB like Smith won't be pulling any rabbits.  It may take a few games for Bohl to realize that a win in those first few games was one rabbit away.  I'm humming Jefferson Airplane now, anyone else?

That might be a bad combination for Wyoming. They have had a winning record the last two seasons despite being outgained and last in the SEC Mountain in yards differential.They haven't been strong enough offensively and defensively to overcome a mistake prone QB.

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That might be a bad combination for Wyoming. They have had a winning record the last two seasons despite being outgained and last in the SEC Mountain in yards differential.They haven't been strong enough offensively and defensively to overcome a mistake prone QB.

Sure, but it is really relative to Smith and nothing more than that.  I'm not saying Vander Waal is making too many mistakes.  Vander Waal has simply made a few mistakes more than Smith and playing mistake free ball is important to Bohl.

I don't really know as Bohl hasn't opened anything up to the public.  All any of us are going off of is what he and other coaches have reported. 

I realize Jordan Palmer most likely has a financial investment riding on the success or failure of Josh Allen’s draft stock, but most of what he’s saying here has been on par with scouts and NFL personnel directors that like Josh Allen as a top pick. Yet when you look on Twitter there are hordes of fans that hate Josh Allen. 

Where’s the disconnect and are we so foolish to think that JA is a decent first round choice??

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

On 4/15/2018 at 11:15 PM, bluerules009 said:

What are you going to do with it soft butt?

Remind you to remember the snap count and tell you which direction to flop.  Nudgers / titty bumpers need to be reminded of things like that.