Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Bold Prediction!

UCLA’s QB, Rosen, will be ”the first QB” taken in the draft, Allen will be second. I’m just not seeing all the hype about Allen. He’s certainly got the arm strength, but I just feel Rosen is more complete, and is more football smart, and therefore has better decision making skills under pressure. He also had to do this against much better competition/athletes in P5 OOC, and in the Pac12.

If Allen got in trouble in a MWC game, he’d just take off... ok to do in most of the MWC games he played in, but IMO, that will get him runover and pounded in the NFL. 

Had he led UW to undefeated seasons or hella good records, then I’d be onboard. But that’s not the case. 

Dont get me wrong Wyo fans, I’d be thrilled to hear he went #1 in the draft, and I’ll be hear to eat my crow if he is... but I don’t see it... ready for the hate now but... sorry.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Poor Josh if the Browns take him. Their record with drafting top college QBs is horrendous going back a lot of years. I also think Rosen is the best QB in the draft. He played for as bad a team as Allens but produced far better stats. Just like Allen he had no run game or offensive line. The downside with Rosen is he is a gun slinger and believes he can squeeze the ball into very tight spaces which is when he gets picked. Part of that is the result of playing for a bad team and feeling you need to carry them on your back. 

Physically Allen is easily the top QB pick in the draft, but it takes a lot more than physical talent to be a good NFL QB. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think Allen is the best raw talent in the draft.  I expect the Browns to take him #1 and that depresses the shit out of me.  I also think LVE goes top 10 at this point.

If so that is impressive for the MW. 

8 minutes ago, slappy said:

If so that is impressive for the MW. 

Wyoming is quickly becoming my favorite team in the SEC Mountain aside from Boise of course.  Our two programs are so similar in so many ways.  Wyoming under Bohl is kind of like Boise lite, and I mean that with a lot of respect.  The program just seems to be self sustaining.  Blue collar, focuses on the little things.  If Wyoming sees the uptick in recruiting I think they will with that sexy AF facility and Allen going top 5 the MWC better be on notice.

I feel that John Dorsey gm of the browns is the key to unlocking the mystery.  He was a scout for the Packers, moving up through the ranks.  His buddy is Andy Reid.  Together they developed a blueprint for quarterback.  Farve came through a trade, Donovan McNabb was Andy Reid, Aaron Rodgers was Dorsey, Mahomes was Reid and Dorsey.

If u look at the draft, there is only one QB that looks like a Dorsey-Reid guy.

Pretty much what is in line with what has been said in the NFL scouting circles, Josh Allen is Dorsey's guy.  

Almost everything I have been reading has Sam Darnold being picked first by the Browns with Rosen being the second QB being taken and then maybe maybe the bust of Allen being drafted however heard that Mayfield from Oklahoma was moving up on some boards.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Poor Josh if the Browns take him. Their record with drafting top college QBs is horrendous going back a lot of years. I also think Rosen is the best QB in the draft. He played for as bad a team as Allens but produced far better stats. Just like Allen he had no run game or offensive line. The downside with Rosen is he is a gun slinger and believes he can squeeze the ball into very tight spaces which is when he gets picked. Part of that is the result of playing for a bad team and feeling you need to carry them on your back. 

Physically Allen is easily the top QB pick in the draft, but it takes a lot more than physical talent to be a good NFL QB. 

Nah.  Wyoming had a really good defense but Rosen had more to work with on offense.  Wyoming had worse rushing stats against a much weaker schedule and UCLA had recruited a bunch of 4 star WR's.  Both O lines were very bad.  You are correct in that Rosen did not have a lot to work with but the talent surrounding Allen on offense was bottom of D1 football bad.  

Another point I wanna add... Darnold didn't throw when Allen was the in the same room.  Mayfield left early from the senior bowl.

When the cameras were on, with everybody watching, with whatever competition was present, Josh Allen stepped up.  That is a personality trait that rings loudly in a locker room.

6 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

#NewProfilePic

DFC8CAF7-BD69-454E-8247-993F5A113287.jpeg.e888f98a269108e0ad2605ae288fa9fd.jpeg

In T-minus 11 days Josh Allen will be selected number one overall in the 2018 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. 

May God have mercy on his soul.

He's a valley boy and I want him to do good in the NFL but check out where he is on last year's stats, he does not look like an overall #1 pick.  He looks like a project.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort01.html

6 hours ago, DrBulldog said:

He's a valley boy and I want him to do good in the NFL but check out where he is on last year's stats, he does not look like an overall #1 pick.  He looks like a project.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort01.html

I’m well aware of his stats in college and so are all the pundits. I don’t think that prevents him from being a top 5 pick though. Both the Browns and Giants have had large contingents throughout his entire scouting process, and considering how well he’s permofrmed leading up to the draft it’s hard to believe they’ll pass him up. 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Another Bold Prediction:

Josh Rosen will not be picked in the top ten picks. His attitude and durability concerns will send him tumbling.

Allen or Darnold will be picked first, the other will go second, and Mayfield will be picked before Rosen.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah.  Wyoming had a really good defense but Rosen had more to work with on offense.  Wyoming had worse rushing stats against a much weaker schedule and UCLA had recruited a bunch of 4 star WR's.  Both O lines were very bad.  You are correct in that Rosen did not have a lot to work with but the talent surrounding Allen on offense was bottom of D1 football bad.  

But hey, as long as it's "self sustaining"....signed Half and Half.