Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Sources: Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016, confirming part of dossier

5 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Do you honestly think that they store security footage for a year and a half? Even if they did, Prague is a very big city. How many security cameras do you think are located there. Do you realize how many man hours it would take to go over every one to scan frame by frame a period of three weeks? Plus, the FBI has no jurisdiction to even request it.

Steele’s memo said he met with Russian officials and Romanian hackers.

I don’t know where they got the information. The timing seems to suggest they found something in the searches.

it doesn’t matter whether he went to California. It makes no diffence.  He told the FBI he was in California on that date idiot.

I store security footage on my mini-storages forever from 10+ cameras at each storage.  It takes no room whatsoever.

I realize government tapeworms are incompetent but they have a lot of money to waste.

17 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Sure. I was speaking about Prague. One could definitely go from Germany to Prague with no customs. You’re right though that he would have to go through customs in whatever country he first landed. And as Rebelbacker said his phone would be traceable. We don’t know what the feds already know. Time will tell. 

Most criminals know about burner phones...

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I store security footage on my mini-storages forever from 10+ cameras at each storage.  It takes no room whatsoever.

I realize government tapeworms are incompetent but they have a lot of money to waste.

So if you have 10 cameras at your mini storage, how many cameras do you think would be in a city of over a million people? And how easy would it be to pick out one face in a crowded city of that size.

3 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Yes I am saying if they had a warrant. 

They can do it after the fact. That's how they put together the movement of the Vegas shooter. They had records of pings from his cell phone then got the CC footage from streetlights, businesses, etc. They had all of Paddocks movements for 6 months before the shooting. Then when you add in credit card and debit purchases plus the movement of their vehicle if they have On Star, etc  you can track anyone. 

No.  They can not do it after the fact if he had airplane mode on, or had it turned off.

16 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

So if you have 10 cameras at your mini storage, how many cameras do you think would be in a city of over a million people? And how easy would it be to pick out one face in a crowded city of that size.

I would imagine they have thousands just like in the U.S..  Not only that all the business have thousands.

You don't go through a train station or get picked up by a taxi outside the airport without being on camera.

With facial recognition software pretty easy.

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No.  They can not do it after the fact if he had airplane mode on, or had it turned off.

Airplane mode doesn't turn off your gps in your phone

So you have thousands of cameras, probably tens of thousands. With about 500 hours of footage each that would need to be combed through. It not like you mini storage where probably a handful of people come through each day. 

He likely would have taken a car. It’s less than an hour drive from Germany. 

Steele didn’t specify a date. He could have gone to both. Although, the day after he claims to have traveled to California. He made a tweet from New Jersey.

53 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm just telling you what a guy who does this for a living says. He runs surveillance on all kinds of cases and they can access cell phones, computers, tablets, etc. Anything that has wifi, a microphone or camera they can turn on and off when they want. Doesn't even matter if it is off. The only time he says they can't is if the battery is dead. Other than that they can access it. 

I just texted him and asked about airplane mode and he laughed. Said it makes no difference. 

They can also access your gps in the phone whenever they want. 

I think it is BS they can do this.

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

I'm just telling you what a guy who does this for a living says. He runs surveillance on all kinds of cases and they can access cell phones, computers, tablets, etc. Anything that has wifi, a microphone or camera they can turn on and off when they want. Doesn't even matter if it is off. The only time he says they can't is if the battery is dead. Other than that they can access it. 

I just texted him and asked about airplane mode and he laughed. Said it makes no difference. 

Again you are not understanding what I am saying.  After they fact, no they can not.  After.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Again you are not understanding what I am saying.  After they fact, no they can not.  After.  

If Wi-Fi was on they could trace that way knowing which networks were in range at different times. If you're in a city location can be tracked with that data.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If Wi-Fi was on they could trace that way knowing which networks were in range at different times. If you're in a city location can be tracked with that data.

That's why I specified the MD being on airplane mode (depending on software and MD) or turned off.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It has been a while but I believe it was iOS 10 when it would allow you to have GPS on in airplane mode and Android Marshmallow 

Doesn't matter what OS. The chip is powered, recieving and sending signal regardless.

3 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Its widely known and accepted in the GIS industry that the GPS is an always on signal unless the battery is dead or pulled. 

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Its widely known and accepted in the GIS industry that the GPS is an always on signal unless the battery is dead or pulled. 

I'm a finance guy. i don't know shit about cell phones. I take the word of an FBI agent that has worked 15 years surveiling everything from espionage to counter terrorism that cell phones are not our friends and the government can access it at any time they wish no matter what you see on your screen. 

10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I'm a finance guy. i don't know shit about cell phones. I take the word of an FBI agent that has worked 15 years surveiling everything from espionage to counter terrorism that cell phones are not our friends and the government can access it at any time they wish no matter what you see on your screen. 

It's some weird myth going around. I always assumed everyone knew your gps is always on.

Myth #1: Putting Phone in Airplane Mode Prevents You from Being Spied On

If you are running from the law, all the necessary steps are being taken to find you. However, if you haven’t escaped prison or are not running away from the police, the legal authorities really have no reason to track or spy on you. The airplane mode turns off your phone’s cellular service and Wi-Fi, so essentially it enters a “do not disturb” zone. However, it does not stop anyone from tracking your phone because the GPS tracker works via satellite.

46 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Doesn't matter what OS. The chip is powered, recieving and sending signal regardless.

Not correct.  Hardware>firmware>software.  The software simply did not communicate with the hardware that way until, at the least, iOS 9 for iPhone.  I know that for a fact.