Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trl87

Wilton Speight to UW

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

After watching a certain Alabama transfer throw a football for Nevada this past season I’ve come to the realization that there’s a reason he never threw one at Alabama! Good christ he was awful. 

Most "big time" QB transfers are. 

28 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Most "big time" QB transfers are. 

yeah, truly successful P5 to G5 QB transfers are the exception, it feels like.  It's weird, considering my team is starting one of the exceptions...but usually there's a good reason those guys are buried on the depth chart, and QB is by far the most crapshoot position. So many 4 and 5 star guys are just awful.

39 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

yeah, truly successful P5 to G5 QB transfers are the exception, it feels like.  It's weird, considering my team is starting one of the exceptions...but usually there's a good reason those guys are buried on the depth chart, and QB is by far the most crapshoot position. So many 4 and 5 star guys are just awful.

He is the exception. He left a bad situation and landed in a good one. It doesn't usually happen that way, though. 

And to be perfectly frank, he wasn't a big time recruit. Typical decent 3*** guy. 

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He is the exception. He left a bad situation and landed in a good one. It doesn't usually happen that way, though. 

And to be perfectly frank, he wasn't a big time recruit. Typical decent 3*** guy. 

the only other one i can think of is jeff driskel, who stunk it up for 4 years at florida,  got a medical redshirt and put together a respectable season at La. Tech.

58 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

If they were good, they'd be headed to the NFL rather than grad school

The World Needs More Cowboys!

19 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

the only other one i can think of is jeff driskel, who stunk it up for 4 years at florida,  got a medical redshirt and put together a respectable season at La. Tech.

McMaryion is more like Ryan Finley. A decent recruit who was good enough to start, but decided to leave once they lost out to a better player. It worked out really well for Ryan and Marcus. 

11 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I was mainly talking about prestige of the transfer....

You guys were all ecstatic about scoring a PAC-12 grad transfer.

BIG10 > PAC-12 

I have no idea who is the better player but I do know Speight has significantly more playing time.

Trying to connect the dots, but I'm having trouble.  How is the top QB in this year's draft then coming out of the lowly MWC?

22 minutes ago, FoCoRam said:

Trying to connect the dots, but I'm having trouble.  How is the top QB in this year's draft then coming out of the lowly MWC?

Allow me to elaborate...

First you eat the purple play dough, then mid-swallow you force the purple play dough through your nose and ears (see attached).

E163C5CD-F83B-41AD-B05F-442D8C91B4BB.gif.36cbf4be3176ae5fb862e373a78ca669.gif

Hopefully that clears things up!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

BVP was a transfer from Mich State

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

13 hours ago, FoCoRam said:

Kind of  an outlier though, right?  It's not like you see the MWC regularly pumping out first round kids.

Saw him play against the Buffs two seasons ago and he wasn't that impressive.  He had Jake Butt and Peppers as weapons on offense.  Without them, CU would have spanked Michigan.

Chip Kelly's offense won't be humming until next year anyway so he's a good one year rental.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:26 PM, FoCoRam said:

Too bad Laralice, UCLA wanted KJ Carta Samuels, but after visiting UCLA and CSU, KJCS decided CSU was the better fit.  UCLA then went after Speight and he chose UCLA over WYO.  Laughing at the Wyo backstroke on this one.  So looking forward to the Rams kicking Wyo this year.  Go Rams!

I wouldn't get this excited if I was you.  The last P5 QB  that CSU had (when CU was up like 37-7):

Image result for faton bauta first down gif csu

On 4/14/2018 at 10:27 PM, Jalapeno said:

I wouldn't get this excited if I was you.  The last P5 QB  that CSU had (when CU was up like 37-7):

Image result for faton bauta first down gif csu

C'mon that guy was never intended to start. He can't pass. 

15 minutes ago, 15csu2014 said:

C'mon that guy was never intended to start. He can't pass. 

Everybody but CSU fans knew this before he transferred to CSU.  CSU fans, on the other hand, thought the guy was the second coming of Austin Carta Samuels :) 

33 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Everybody but CSU fans knew this before he transferred to CSU.  CSU fans, on the other hand, thought the guy was the second coming of Austin Carta Samuels :) 

I like what you did there.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

On 4/14/2018 at 10:21 PM, Jalapeno said:

Saw him play against the Buffs two seasons ago and he wasn't that impressive.  He had Jake Butt and Peppers as weapons on offense.  Without them, CU would have spanked Michigan.

Chip Kelly's offense won't be humming until next year anyway so he's a good one year rental.

Most QBs need good players around them to be productive. Very few can do it on their own. Look at St. Josh Allen. He has pretty mediocre stats, especially for a guy slated to go top 5. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Most QBs need good players around them to be productive. Very few can do it on their own. Look at St. Josh Allen. He has pretty mediocre stats, especially for a guy slated to go top 5. 

That's the truth.

That also speaks about UCLA's QB depth at QB which wasn't that great due to Rosen being the obvious starter.  They had to rely on a walk-on QB in 2016 after Rosen went down with an injury if I'm not mistaken.

Chip Kelly will need at least two to three seasons to get UCLA rolling.  He was handed the keys to Oregon's football program while he will have to start from scratch.