Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

Guest RoscoesDad

Perhaps this will be a lesson to not celebrate like you've  won something, before you've finished the job. Celebrated like we won the cup when we still had a series to go.  Bad juju all the way around on this one. This series is OVER. 

I really don't understand some of the passing choices by Vegas tonight. They're trying to throw it into traffic and losing posession while doing so instead of going point to point and trying to create space.

and.... the Caps score again. This doesn't look good.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I really don't understand some of the passing choices by Vegas tonight. They're trying to throw it into traffic and losing posession while doing so instead of going point to point and trying to create space.

and.... the Caps score again. This doesn't look good.

It's the same as happened in parts of game 2 and all of game 3.  It's the Caps D forcing bad passes and longer more perimeter shots.  Vegas is getting a few good looks but not much doing entering the zone and establishing the cycle.

Guest RoscoesDad
7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That seems to be the opposite of how y'all have played all season. 

No Fleury has choked it has.nothing to do with his teammates. We squeezed.all the remaining juice out of that used car.  I wouldn't mind seeing suban. Fleury is done as is the entire team.  They partied like rockstars like they won something and they are just going to get their ass  kicked by Washington. 

Just now, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's the same as happened in parts of game 2 and all of game 3.  It's the Caps D forcing bad passes and longer more perimeter shots.  Vegas is getting a few good looks but not much doing entering the zone and establishing the cycle.

They haven't been forcing bad passes though, they're leaving the point passes and outlets open, but the Knights seem insistent on throwing the puck down low and turning it over in the process.There's no cycling going on, just trying desperately to put the puck low for some reason, while they have guys open at the point.

1 minute ago, RoscoesDad said:

No Fleury had choked it has.nothing to do with his teammates. We squeezed.all the remaining juice out of that used car.  I wouldn't mind seeing suban. Fleury is done as is the entire team.  They parties like rockstar like they won something and they are just going to get their add kicked by Washington. 

There's not a whole helluva lot he could have done against at least two of the goals tonight. Two of them were from cycling passes that caused him to move across the net at least once before the shot came from the opposite side. This sure as hell isn't all on Fluery. 

8 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

No Fleury has choked it has.nothing to do with his teammates. We squeezed.all the remaining juice out of that used car.  I wouldn't mind seeing suban. Fleury is done as is the entire team.  They partied like rockstars like they won something and they are just going to get their ass  kicked by Washington. 

I could not disagree more.

Guest RoscoesDad
7 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I could not disagree more.

I could not disagrees more. Fleury the local hero who they were ready to build a statue for, has sucked this entire series.  Would you like to see his goal against this series so far?  I am.not sure what you are trying to argue here.  Holtby doesnt seem to be having any issues making hard saves. 

8 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I could not disagrees more. Fleury the local hero who they were ready to build a statue for, has sucked this entire series.  Would you like to see his goal against this series so far?  I am.not sure what you are trying to argue here.  

I'm simply arguing that your statement that the 3 goals tonight had nothing to do with Fluery's teammates is nonsense.  GAA is just a statistic and tells you nothing about the quality of shots faced by the goalie nor the effort of the defenders.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'm simply arguing that your statement that the 3 goals tonight had nothing to do with Fluery's teammates is nonsense.  GAA is just a statistic and tells you nothing about the quality of shots faced by the goalie nor the effort of the defenders.

GAA is nearly as pointless a stat as ERA in baseball.