Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

5-3 Knights win. Congrats Vegas! 

Sharks get the next one...I hope.

Brent Burns has a thing for his old buddy Carpenter. Dirty as shit hit from behind way after the whistle.

If I'm Gallant I'm putting Carpenter on precautionary concussion protocol and holding out as a game time decision just like Carrier was against the Kings...that's a way to make the league look at this seriously. Otherwise they'll slap him with a cheap fine or nothing at all.

No place for this.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Congrats Vegas fans as the Golden Knights advance to the conference final.  Playing extremely well up and down the lineup and with Marc-Andre in net they can play with any team in the league.  I think they'll likely draw WInnipeg in the next round which will be the toughest test to date.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Golden Knights advance to the conference final.  Playing extremely well up and down the lineup and with Marc-Andre in net they can play with any team in the league.  I think they'll likely draw WInnipeg in the next round which will be the toughest test to date.

I think Nashville would be tougher.

Kudos to Vegas from a Sharks fan. Good luck the rest of the way! 

Such a fun team to follow.  Believe me, what they are doing is not missed on those of us that have been in this town a long time.  This season is really bringing back the feelings of the late 80s/early 90s Runnin' Rebels when the town and the nation was in love with them.  This makes it a little easier to swallow the demise of the Rebels.  It also shows me that this town will never be UNLV's again.  Just wait till the Raiders show up.  Vegas will go crazy for them.  Tough times ahead for UNLV if they can't start winning.  

6 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Such a fun team to follow.  Believe me, what they are doing is not missed on those of us that have been in this town a long time.  This season is really bringing back the feelings of the late 80s/early 90s Runnin' Rebels when the town and the nation was in love with them.  This makes it a little easier to swallow the demise of the Rebels.  It also shows me that this town will never be UNLV's again.  Just wait till the Raiders show up.  Vegas will go crazy for them.  Tough times ahead for UNLV if they can't start winning.  

Even if they can start winning. UNLV has lost a lot of goodwill in this community with their endless mismanagement. Even if they go on a run, a lot of the community won't believe it until they start doing it consistently.

7 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Las Vegas couldn't even keep a minor league hockey team in town. And now you have a good chance at winning the Stanley Cup in your inaugural NHL season. Amazing!

1 hour ago, crixus said:

Las Vegas couldn't even keep a minor league hockey team in town. And now you have a good chance at winning the Stanley Cup in your inaugural NHL season. Amazing!

We always knew we'd be a rockin' pro sports town...Just had to wait for the population to get high enough to make sense. Like we said for decades when critics pointed to our lack of support for minor league teams as evidence that we couldn't support pro-sports: Las Vegas won't settle for anything less than the REAL THING. We've always been a major league city. Major league entertainment, major league dining, now finally major league sports. 

It's like a cover band may sell alot of tickets in many other cities, but not in Vegas. We're a big event town, there's always something big happening here. Discretionary recreation dollars are competitively fought over. Minor league sports just never had the appeal when there's so many other entertainment options in town. Although minor league baseball may fair alot better now that there's a world-class stadium being built in Summerlin. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

38 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

We always knew we'd be a rockin' pro sports town...Just had to wait for the population to get high enough to make sense. Like we said for decades when critics pointed to our lack of support for minor league teams as evidence that we couldn't support pro-sports: Las Vegas won't settle for anything less than the REAL THING. We've always been a major league city. Major league entertainment, major league dining, now finally major league sports. 

It's like a cover band may sell alot of tickets in many other cities, but not in Vegas. We're a big event town, there's always something big happening here. Discretionary recreation dollars are competitively fought over. Minor league sports just never had the appeal when there's so many other entertainment options in town. Although minor league baseball may fair alot better now that there's a world-class stadium being built in Summerlin. 

Good post. I hope you get an NBA team to share that new arena with the Golden Knights. The Memphis Grizzlies attendance has dropped three straight years. Maybe they'll move to Las Vegas someday? 

36 minutes ago, crixus said:

Good post. I hope you get an NBA team to share that new arena with the Golden Knights. The Memphis Grizzlies attendance has dropped three straight years. Maybe they'll move to Las Vegas someday? 

the nba thinks they should get 5 % of the HANDLE, lol. when they figure out it doesn't work that way, they'll be here.