Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

Puck handling and passing have been atrocious.  :huh:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Dominant performance by Washington tonight.  For the first time in the playoffs Vegas did not look or play like Vegas.  Were it not for the assist by Holtby on the gift wrapped goal Vegas would have been blanked on the scoreboard.

Huge game tonight. VGK needs a win. Will they finally be able to play "their" game? Hopefully the talk from Neal can be backed up and they can take it tonight to make it a best of 3 series. I can't see them winning 3 in a row against this Capitals team if they lose tonight.

Watch party at T-Mobile will be moved indoors.  Doors open at 3:30pm.  

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/t-mobile-arena-opening-doors-for-golden-knights-fans-for-game-4/

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Knights have to win the first period tonight.

And the other two would help.

Defense needs to stay on their man rather than jumping on the puck. They are putting MAF on an island. Need to handle their pressure in the neutral zone and stop with the damn passes to nobody in the slot.

Not sure if the lineup change of moving Tuch to the 2nd line and taking out Perron will do much for that line, but I guess we will see. Praying Tatar finally has his breakout game.

2 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

If Vegas loses tonight James Neal is gonna have nightmares for years to come about that missed open net.

I can't +++++ing believe he missed that.

Just now, retrofade said:

I can't +++++ing believe he missed that.

It's rare but It happens to the best of em at times.  The net was just too wide open and he thought about it rather than just bury it.

Just now, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's rare but It happens to the best of em at times.  The net was just too wide open and he thought about it rather than just bury it.

Oh I know, but I still can't believe that he missed it. 

and just like that, the Caps go up 1-0.

Ultimately, I'm okay with whoever wins this series... it's between division rivals of both of my teams. I'm leaning towards the Knights simply because of the history they'd make. 

18 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

If Vegas loses tonight James Neal is gonna have nightmares for years to come about that missed open net.

definitely. it sucks that the knights totally dominated the first 10 minutes and could have gone up by 2, maybe 3 goals, and instead are now down 1. it looks like the wind went out of their sails..

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

fleury has no help around the net. it's like he's back there by himself, and on the opposite end, the caps are packed in there so tight the knights can't score. 2-0 now.

That seems to be the opposite of how y'all have played all season.