Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Vegas Golden Knights & NHL Playoffs Thread

Congrats to all of you long suffering Knights fans.  It's all down hill from here.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Congrats to all of you long suffering Knights fans.  It's all down hill from here.

Even Karlson said he's been a Knights fan since he was a little kid.

It's about damn time.

Two teams that have never won Lord Stanley's Cup face-off beginning next week.  In the end will it be the 43 year old franchise from DC or the upstart franchise from Las Vegas hoisting the cup?

Had it not been for the way in which Washington dominated their last two games vs Tampa I'd be predicting a quick series with Vegas winning.  If I were a betting man I'd still put my money on the Golden Knights winning but I think this final goes 6 or 7 games deep.

As a hockey fan without a dog in the fight it'll be a great story either way.  Mostly I'm just hoping for a tightly contested and competitive series.  As incredible as it would be for Vegas to win it all in their first season I've got to pull for the Capital's, their long standing fans and Alex Ovechkin.

Having to face Ovi in the finals is a tough draw for VGK, but it is the best story line the NHL could have gotten out of this finals.  Either history is made with VGK or a future HOFer gets his first cup.  Gonna be insane.  I'm going to be out of town all next week.  Gotta find a bar in Laguna Beach which will put this on their TV.  

How important of a predictor is game 1 in the Stanley Cup Finals?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/what-history-tells-us-to-expect-and-about-the-importance-of-game-1-of-stanley-cup-final

As one might expect, historically speaking, the Golden Knights will enter Game 1 with a slight edge given they’ll be hitting the ice at home. Since 1939, when the Stanley Cup final shifted to a best-of-seven format, the home team has won Game 1 in 56 of the 78 series, good for a 71.8 percent winning percentage. And it turns out that a Game 1 victory for the home team has often led to a Stanley Cup victory for the club with home-ice advantage, as well. Of those 56 home teams to win Game 1, 48 have then gone on to win the Stanley Cup. That means a home team that emerges victorious from Game 1 has won the Stanley Cup 84.2 percent of the time.

cut.jpg

23 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Ahhh yes!! Buffer good for the Wolf Pack, good for the Knights!

he'll never be embraced here again. tolerated, because it's the knights, but that's about it. traitor. :angry: